Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

There is. Our GM didn't come out and say he wasn't trying to field a competitive team and they're attempted moves in the off-seasons (resigning Dwert, going after Melo, etc) of the past years back it up as well.

Philly is disgraceful for actively doing it for multiple seasons I said that a few pages ago. The league had to step in it was so blatant.

Last edited:
This should be illegal.
I've learned so many of my dribbling tricks that I use in game, from cp3. Especially that ball spin dribble. I practiced that forever. It breaks dudes. They always think I'm about to bounce pass. without fail.

tanking is blatant regardless of whether the gm says it or not lmao
the heat tank this season is just as blatant as the sixers'

Malcolm Brogdon can flat out play....

Was close to making a Jabari/Melo comarpison, then I looked at the numbers for both guys at 21 and said "nah." :lol:

Wizards back to .500 :pimp: For now.

I mean....this is essentially Bari's 2nd year. He misssed most of his first.

Take a look at the numbers again from that perspective.....

It paints a different picture on Jabari's potential :nerd:

Well, ****....at a quick glance, it looked like a huge gap between the two. Might not be that far after looking a little more closely at it.

2m6a2aw.png

I see A LOT of similarities between the two.

I know this, Brogdon got the start today and outplayed Wallet.

I mean, it wasn't close really. 
Brogdon did everything right today, Wallet got the W, the only thing he did better.

Totally outplayed Wall today. Dude was getting to the rack with ease. This is where the lack of rim protection KILLS the Wizards. Embiid has been the best "rookie" so far this year, but Brogdon as been the best 1st year player, IMO.

league needs to mind their own business cause the strategy is stock picks and hope they pan out.
winning goes against the plan.
nba needs to trust the process

No cuz our games were the lowest attended meaning LESS MONEY. Very simple

No it wasn't it was specifically because of Hinke's player personnel decisions and almost immediately Colangelo took shots at Sam upon being named GM. Citing his log jam of centers. League is making money regardless of attendance thanks to that revenue sharing BS where the glamour franchises supplement the clown ones.

Last edited:
What the rockets are doing should get hella props. Harden better under Dantoni than Nash was. Dantoni has always been my favorite offensive coach but the stuff he has these guys doing is filthy. I wonder if they can beat LEEbron? Gotta have some insurance in case these frail gsw dudes leave me hanging again. Idk if you can trust kd man. Like, how chipotle james was. Until you show up when it matters most, you a sus boy.

Random:

Davis Bertans on that Jabari "get more athltic post acl tear" program. :smokin

How come I never thought of that when I tore my ACL. :smh:

Last edited:
No it wasn't it was specifically because of Hinke's player personnel decisions and almost immediately Colangelo took shots at Sam upon being named GM. Citing his log jam of centers. League is making money regardless of attendance thanks to that revenue sharing BS where the glamour franchises supplement the clown ones.

Then why were them owners complaining? For the integrity of the sport? Please :lol:

The league aint like that we aint make em as much as other teams & that we took advantage of a loophole.

I think there's some legitimate concerns for the Sixers, going forward (overall they will be fine though)

1. Who knows what happens with Noel... A lot of teams will come circling for him in Free Agency, sensing the Sixers may elect to get rid of him (or maybe have no choice) because of Embiid, Simmons, Saric & Okafor (unless they trade Okafor)...

They may end up just letting him go instead of paying him $17+ mil a year.. Teams will drive up the bids to get the 76ers to pass. Also Noel isn't necessarily happy with his role on the 76ers, and that will drive him to go looking elsewhere as opposed to what some RFAs do, and just wait for their current team to make 2-3 moves then sign afterwards.

2. Okafor isn't really a great bench piece, especially when he shouldn't play because Noel is the better overall player. Oak is basically dying out there (in terms of trade value). You eventually have to bite the bullet on him, and get rid of him for whatever you can get in order to keep Noel. (They legitimately should trade Okafor before the deadline, and take whatever a team offers).

3. Embiid does have a long injury history... Granted, he's an All Star Player when he's on the floor.... You never know when those injuries can pop up. Bynum looked like he was healthy 2011-12 after years of injuries, and then the injury bug bit him again. Granted Bynum didn't really work to stay in basketball, but there's still an injury history for Embiid, and reason to worry. Not saying you do anything other than hope for the best.... BUT, you have to worry about it for a long time going forward.

4. Yes, they don't have bad contracts... But they absolutely will, eventually... Veterans actively avoid playing there, and will not even consider them in FA., and they still are going to for the next few years because of how they've been playing things out (Not saying right or wrong).... But they're not going to get many legitimate interest in FA because even with 2 lotto picks this year, they still will not be anywhere close to a playoff team. That alone will chase away veterans, at least the kind you want.

So they could go 1 of 2 routes when it comes to FA, Avoid veterans (The Blazers) route which is a bad choice because then you are overpaying mediocre young guys a ton of money, and hoping you can make a trade or else, you're wasting productive years... Or continue to let it play out... But when they do, they'll be paying a few of their prospects actual money.

The only way to circumvent that, and get veteran pieces earlier is to overpay.. Whether it is by money or by adding extra years.

It's not going to be easy sledding for really any team that has been stuck at the bottom for a couple years. Goes for Sixers, Lakers, Timberwolves, Suns, etc.

Last edited:
What the rockets are doing should get hella props. Harden better under Dantoni than Nash was. Dantoni has always been my favorite offensive coach but the stuff he has these guys doing is filthy. I wonder if they can beat LEEbron? Gotta have some insurance in case these frail gsw dudes leave me hanging again. Idk if you can trust kd man. Like, how chipotle james was. Until you show up when it matters most, you a sus boy.
nah I don't think they matchup well with cleveland because they're essentially an offbrand version of cleveland kinda

Then why were them owners complaining? For the integrity of the sport? Please :lol:

The league aint like that we aint make em as much as other teams & that we took advantage of a loophole.

They were complaining because yes Hinke made it public he wasn't trying to field a team to compete.

Sixers are still worth $700 million+ and their revenue has gone up every year starting from when Hinke took over. Like I said before that new CBA makes it impossible to not make money, attendance be damned.

derozan skin is lookin type crazy. its getting worse. bruh got too much bread for that. he's turning into Lizard Man.

If Raptors really go for Millsap, what gets it done? They could take the Cavs to 7 with him. Idk bout win it but itd be better than last yr lol

dubs going after wilson chandler?

clearly they still have some moves or 2 they need to make.

gotta look to move varejo and then mcadoo. Some pix and some money. Maybe go back after Bogut since he said hes bouncing in the off season anyways. That would help a lot I think. Maybe another 2 guard to come in for Klay face

Rockets can beat the Cavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom