Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's both their problems. They're all part of the same entity, especially in Bron's case. He's the face of the entire league.

Sorry...you're going to have hard time selling me on the idea that the players are at fault here. 

The simple solution would be to reduce games...(especially when there's an alternative sentiment that it's too long, cramped, and not watchable until the playoffs)...but that's not going to happen because reduction in inventory is never an option when there are billions being made. 

Sounds like an issue of greed...and not on the part of the players. 

C1Qf6NmWQAA5zzQ

Giannis. :lol:

I remember reading a story about him when he first came into the league and they asked him about the money that he has now compared to growing up poor in Greece.

He said that since he could take care of his family now his only focus was becoming the best player in the world.

A lot of elite young players have confidence but his was firmly granted in his approach to the game.

I got my money on him being the best player in the league in 5 years.

Houston and OKC have had a soft schedule.

On another note....do the Utah Jazz get two All Stars :nerd:

:lol: :lol: at Houston having a soft schedule, i thought Dipset General made this post for a second. That had piles of games on the road to open the season. The only reason it looks "soft" now is cause they're 26-9. They won nearly every back to back game including beating for favorite Nuggets to on the road, after beating GSW on the road in overtime.

Sorry...you're going to have hard time selling me on the idea that the players are at fault here. 

The simple solution would be to reduce games...(especially when there's an alternative sentiment that it's too long, cramped, and not watchable until the playoffs)...but that's not going to happen because reduction in inventory is never an option when there are billions being made. 

Players aren't going to go for reducing games cause it affects their bottom lines as well. Less games = less money for them. Players absolutely have a say, Harden isn't resting, Westbrook isn't resting...the coaches and staff can suggest whatever they want, but ultimately if Bron WANTS to play he'll play, just as if he doesn't he won't like he does now.

No one is really tryna sell you on it cuz your mind is made up :lol:

Each organization needs to be punished by the league in order for this stop.

I don't necessarily blame the players, because who doesn't like paid time off .

The main problem is this is essentially a bait & switch when you sell someone on seeing Lebron, Kyrie, etc. and the best player on the court is someone named Liggins...

Add that to the fact that these teams most likely know days in advance the schedule and when they'll be sitting their stars.

That has to be addressed, plain and simple

Last edited:
So your solution is to strong arm the players into playing...even if there are legit performance related reasons why this is happening?

Yeah...I don't know how you don't think that's absolutely ridiculous. 

No one is really tryna sell you on it cuz your mind is made up :lol:

Each organization needs to be punished by the league in order for this stop.

I don't necessarily blame the players, because who doesn't like paid time off .

The main problem is this is essentially a bait & switch when you sell someone on seeing Lebron, Kyrie, etc. and the best player on the court is someone named Liggins...

Add that to the fact that these teams most likely know days in advance the schedule and when they'll be sitting their stars.

That has to be addressed, plain and simple

Repped!

Man, at least release the ISH the morning of the game.

Not 1 hour before.

So your solution is to strong arm the players into playing...even if there are legit performance related reasons why this is happening?

I agree with both of you.

My only gripe is how they go about it.

:lol:

You're right, absolutely ridiculous to expect healthy players to play in a game their making $450k for...

If it's that harsh on their bodies, then they need to get rid of games. We all know that won't happen so....

Possible solutions:

Create a timeframe that will allow ticket buyers to make a more informed decision whether they'd like to spend hundreds of their hard earned dollars on a basketball game.

Fine teams HEAVY for resting players who aren't injured if it's not in a timely fashion.

I just realized Donatas Motiejunas's injury history fits perfectly with the Pels.

:lol:

You're right, absolutely ridiculous to expect healthy players to play in a game their making $450k for...

If it's that harsh on their bodies, then they need to get rid of games. We all know that won't happen so....

Possible solutions:

Create a timeframe that will allow ticket buyers to make a more informed decision whether they'd like to spend hundreds of their hard earned dollars on a basketball game.

Fine teams HEAVY for resting players who aren't injured if it's not in a timely fashion.

I think a little bit of both options should work out. For example, teams should inform the media that player X will sit out a minimum of two weeks before the game if he's not injured. If players do end up resting and the team only informs them a week prior, then the team gets fined. That way fans will be more informed and teams will be more careful when to rest players.

Also, just like some travel companies, you can pay extra to purchase a refundable ticket. If a fan is coming from out of town and pays $800 just to see LeBron play, he will cough up an extra $10 to $20 for a refundable ticket.

Where did you get that from what I said? Thought it was pretty clear I was suggesting that if the players want to play especially the superstars they have the latitude to do so.

If it means better play in April-May-June, then please sit out.
Exactly... gotta keep the legs fresh for when the games really count

it aint stop magic-michael-kobe-shaq-dream-iverson-bird-etc-etc-etc

this new generation some pansies.

and fans enabling it talm bout long as they play when it 'matters'

should've get paid for the games that dont matter then.why even play the regular season if they dont matter? should just play the marquee matchups for the vc like 2k12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom