Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h1]ESPN Stats and Information  [/h1]
i

The Bulls' Jimmy Butler is the eighth player with a 50-point game this season. The others are James Harden, Isaiah Thomas, DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Klay Thompson, Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis. This ties the most players with a 50-point game in a season in NBA history (2015-16 and 1989-90).

This is why you shouldn't gloat about being "third place in the east" after the first month and a half of a season :lol:

:rofl:

Same thing every year. Just a few months ago they were talking about 50+ wins and an ECF appearance... and now they're finally joining AMP's side and realizing they need to blow it up and build around Porzingis with young talent and stop with the aging band-aids.

Annual Knicks fan cycle is in full swing. http://niketalk.com/t/332985/honestly-what-happens-to-the-knicks/0_20#post_12416968

This is why you shouldn't gloat about being "third place in the east" after the first month and a half of a season :lol:

:rofl:

Same thing every year. Just a few months ago they were talking about 50+ wins and an ECF appearance... and now they're finally joining AMP's side and realizing they need to blow it up and build around Porzingis with young talent and stop with the aging band-aids.

Annual Knicks fan cycle is in full swing. http://niketalk.com/t/332985/honestly-what-happens-to-the-knicks/0_20#post_12416968

Why you lurking our thread? :nerd: :lol:

I was adamantly against the Rose trade all summer. I really wanted us to keep building on what we already had in place. But as a fan you're not gonna not root for the team cause you disagree with a move they made.

The team has enough talent to be a top 4 seed in the East but they don't play together as a team. Way too much unsuccessful 1 on 1 ball. Don't even get me started on the defense. :lol:

Why you lurking our thread? :nerd: :lol:

Occasionally I have to poke my head in and see what's going on. The Lakers and Knicks threads are two of the most lit threads on here. Dudes go straight at each other's necks a lot of the time. :lol:

Last edited:
Jokic sees the floor better than about half of the starting point guards in the NBA 
laugh.gif

Isaiah Thomas is amazing and one of the most fun players to watch in the league, buttttt

Kind of worried about what the Celtics are going to do with him after his current deal, though. He wants and deserves to be paid better but a 5-year max at his age and size...

Isaiah Thomas is amazing and one of the most fun players to watch in the league, buttttt

Kind of worried about what the Celtics are going to do with him after his current deal, though. He wants and deserves to be paid better but a 5-year max at his age and size...
He's 27. He'd be 32 at the end of that deal. Not 38. 

What's the alternative to not signing him?

Last edited:
Jokic is so damn good already and he's still only 21. Just needs to cut back on the dumb fouls so he can stay on the floor longer.

Do you think the early return on a deal like that is enough to offset the last couple of years? I love the guy but almost every similar example says he's going to decline (probably sharply) during the life of that contract.

Do you think the early return on a deal like that is enough to offset the last couple of years? I love the guy but almost every similar example says he's going to decline (probably sharply) during the life of that contract.

That's true for about almost every contract signed at that age

It's the NBA, all that matters is the last few years of their prime and getting everything you can out of a player

I see zero issue with giving him 5 years because of the celtics don't do it, someone else will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom