OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

USC And Oregon are the only teams with QBs ranked in the top-6 (top half) of the conference in passing efficiency each year of the Pac 12's existence

Tom "Bruins Rule LA" writes: Not sure why you conclude "the Trojans have earned the benefit of the doubt behind center" because Cody Kessler was mediocre and Matt Barkley and [Mark] Sanchez and [John David] Booty were overrated. While my Bruins have not been great at QB, the [Brett] Hundley to Josh Rosen transition puts them ahead of [USC]. The Trojans deserve no benefit of the doubt. Pete Carroll is not walking through that door!

Ted Miller: While I suspect -- that reportorial skeptic in me! -- that Tom here isn't an unbiased observer, he might have a point. So I did a pretty superficial statistical check on passing efficiency numbers since Pac-12 expansion in 2011.

My measure: How often over the past five years did each Pac-12 team have a QB ranked in the top-6 (top half!) of the conference in passing efficiency? Ultimately, passing efficiency is just one number, but it's a pretty good way to measure QBs.

Oregon and USC were the only two teams that hit all five years. Colorado and Utah, the newest members of the family, didn't hit even once. Buffs fans reaction is probably "figures," while Utah fans are probably going "if only."

Stanford hit four times; UCLA, Arizona and Arizona State three times. Washington, Oregon State and California hit twice, and Washington State once. By the way, this is a handy resource for Pac-12 statistics.

In fact, the last time a USC QB didn't rank in the top half of the conference in passing efficiency was 2001, Carson Palmer's season before winning the Heisman Trophy. "Overrated" Booty and Sanchez, by the way, led the conference in efficiency in 2006 and 2008, respectively.

In fact No. 2, the last Trojans QB who could be considered "not terribly good," would be Mike Van Raaphorst in 1999.

So, yeah, benefit of the doubt.

Because my heart is as pure as fresh snow, I will not walk you through the UCLA QBs from 1999 - to Brett Hundley.
tl;dr: contrary to popular sentiment, USC QB's have been very good every year since Carson Palmer won the Heisman.

btw this page has a lot of random full games from this past year, both regular season and bowl.

I've been catching up on some SEC/Big12 games I didn't get to watch during the year. Good for killing time/leaving on in the background while you work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Mutasj/videos

Don't spread it too much so dude doesn't get his page shut down.

Last edited:
Any Sooner fans have thoughts on Courtney Viney??? Sounds like he is interviewing for the DB position which opened up when Jackson left for the Cowboys... Talk is he is a great recruiter mainly in Cali

Tuberville's time at Cincy falling apart rapidly. DC left to be DBs coach at UK. Will be the 4th straight year with a different DC. Lost his OC and QBs coach to UK as well. Program quickly turned poisonous. Makes sense as to why TTech was so happy to get him out of there.

That 95 Husker team is one of the greatest CFB teams of all time though.  It's not like that was just some random squad that won a NC. 

It's got some potential if done right. 

Last edited:
That should have been the case in the first place. And from what I understand, that video is VERY ugly. Wouldn't be surprised if OU makes a move on Mixon after its released. Well, provided that the news outlets pick up on it.

way to throw your life way Bryce Dixon.

Take this wrong and do something right down the road.

Last edited:
Paul Rhoads to Arkansas as Secondary Coach.

It's crazy with all the money being thrown around in college football how many former head coaches are taking assistant jobs. Coaching trees are all over the place with the turnover in CFB these days.

Man give that shady *** program the death penalty already :lol:,there's been way too much dirt being uncovered lately :x

Last edited:
Butch just looks like a complete douche bag. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he said that smh

Back
Top Bottom