OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

So Oregon's basically telling high school QBs "don't bother"?

they have guys in the wings (no pun intended). Travis Jonsen (Waller) from last year and then two guys this year. Morgan Mahalak sounds like he's a washout :stoneface:

he came from Ok St., right?
He did many years at Texas Tech long before Stillwater, but served a year ('10) as Oklahoma State's OC/QBs coach. My hunch is Dana will be let go in Morgantown. They're not paying him $3M+ for 7-5 seasons, B12 or not.

Dana Holgerson is 25-25 over 4 years. Bill Stewart got fired for 3 straight 9-3 seasons. Although WVU is now in the B12. Interesting, nonetheless.

Nah they weren't 9-3 for three straight years (started 8-4) and they had some bad losses along the way. Add to it the boosters never wanted Stewart to get the job in the first place and the rumors of Stewart trying to (rightfully) undermine what the administration wanted to do with Holgorsen and (shadily) leaking dirt to reporters and it explains why they forced him out.

Ok, 3 straight 9-4 seasons. The last 2 were both 9-3 regular seasons. Still, they ran him out because they wanted Holgerson, and Holgerson is now 25-25.

USC offered and were turned down by Clancy Pendergast.

Now in talks with Dave Aranda. B1G people what's your general opinion of his defense? I know he gets love but I'm not sure he ever faces the wide open offenses he'll see in the Pac.

Last edited:
Gunna, whats the word on Lavert Hill and Donnie Corley from Detroit on the Vols end???

Corley legit likes Vols, I didn't believe it until this week
And Tennessee in position to scoop him.

hill I didn't pay attention or ask around about him. I read that he's Corley's friend and he visited.

Not really sure where we are on him

Edit*

Just read that Hill is actually going to unofficial again.
Seems if Corley signs on, so will Hill

Last edited:
@McMurphyESPN: John Swofford: “To go to 8, you'd have to eliminate conference title games or go back to 11 regular season games. Don’t see that happening"

Between AAR, and Locksley still being in the fold, UMD is trying to keep all the DMV cats in-house.

Zack Kiesel‏@BSLZackKiesel

Looks like Diggs is looking at Maryland again. Aazaar Abdul-Rahim already paying off for the #Terps.

I'm at my work Christmas party and the things I'm hearing about Utah football [emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]

"USC was ready to roll over against us until Travis Wilson threw that first interception. If we had gone up two touchdowns we would have killed them."

"Travis Wilson against Oregon was incredible. If he plays like that all year we would be in the playoffs."

"Everything is there for Utah to dominate the Pac 12. We just need a decent quarterback."

LAWD HELP ME

USC offered and were turned down by Clancy Pendergast.

Now in talks with Dave Aranda. B1G people what's your general opinion of his defense? I know he gets love but I'm not sure he ever faces the wide open offenses he'll see in the Pac.

He's really not a B1G guy.  He came up through the small school levels, and got linked up with GA for one year at USU before coming with him to Wisconsin. 

Based on where he's been, he's probably seen almost everything. 

His D is a one gap 3-4 that runs mostly cover 1 & C4

Last edited:
Aranda was our DC for 2 years. His defenses has only gotten better, obviously so has the talent he's working with.

Back
Top Bottom