OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

I would think that D-Coordinator at Michigan is better than head coach at Maryland but that's probably a biased opinion based on the fact that I don't want to lose him yet. Especially when i think we could be a playoff contender next year.

They were willing to spend but nobody was willing to take their money cus that's not very good job
laugh.gif
Yep, Feldman reported that they've gotten turned down by quite a few big name guys. 

Plank might still be able to get Leach in there tho...

Football scoop reporting Miami reps had good meeting with Butch Davis.

Still plan to meet other candidates tho
I bet you they didn't expect Richt to be available. Unless he takes a year off, makes too much sense. 

Why he's gotta be a weenie?

Just kinda seems kinda soft. The whole micro-aggression culture that's taking over our society is laughable. Took an isolated incident and projected that onto the entire GT program.

Do we have any news about what the incident was? Depending on what it was I don't blame a kid if he doesn't want to be at a place where he doesn't feel comfortable. He has other school options and you would rather he back out now than whine about things after he committed.

How did he project it on the program? He clearly didn't feel comfortable based upon whatever happened, and he thanked the staff. He didn't say anything disparaging about the staff at all. Feeling comfortable on a campus is a huge part of the college experience. Not a "weenie"  move at all to me, but what do I know.

How did he project it on the program? He clearly didn't feel comfortable based upon whatever happened, and he thanked the staff. He didn't say anything disparaging about the staff at all. Feeling comfortable on a campus is a huge part of the college experience. Not a "weenie"  move at all to me, but what do I know.

What do any of us know... Not trying to say I'm right or you're wrong. Just stating my opinion :smile:

Mark to Miami?

I may be in the minority here, but no thanks. He underachieved with an abundance of resources, much more than what he'd have if he coached down here.

Nothing on his resume indicates that he'd succeed here. His two SEC titles were won 10 years ago, he hasn't played in a major bowl since '07, all while pulling in top-10 recruiting classes almost every year. Yeah he's an alum and a great recruiter, but Randy Shannon was all of those things as well.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ calling him a weenie. Sorry but some of us are fed up w/ police harassment so kudos to the young man. Obviously it must have been a pretty unpleasant situation for him to decommit over it.

Social issues? All I saw was a grown man calling a KID a weenie for not accepting police harassment.

But yet you come off upset that I responded to that tasteless post
laugh.gif

this reminds me of yahoo/facebook comment sections

Social issues? All I saw was a grown man calling a KID a weenie for not accepting police harassment.

But yet you come off upset that I responded to that tasteless post :lol:

this reminds me of yahoo/facebook comment sections

Are you confusing me with someone else? I'm not upset, I'm trying to discuss Miami's coaching situation. I couldn't care less about Georgia Tech recruiting. I was just defending WITNESS's "here we go again" post. You're the one that seems upset famb.

Mark to Miami?
I may be in the minority here, but no thanks. He underachieved with an abundance of resources, much more than what he'd have if he coached down here.

Nothing on his resume indicates that he'd succeed here. His two SEC titles were won 10 years ago, he hasn't played in a major bowl since '07, all while pulling in top-10 recruiting classes almost every year. Yeah he's an alum and a great recruiter, but Randy Shannon was all of those things as well.
You can't compare what Richt did at Georgia to Randy Shannon in any way. 

You can't compare what Richt did at Georgia to Randy Shannon in any way. 

You're right. My comparison at the end there was a stretch, but I stand by everything else I said in that post. What has Richt done that tells you he'll do well here?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom