Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Marquez didn't solidify anything with their last fight. He was on the verge of getting knocked out himself.

The table was clearly turning after that 3rd round knockdown. Like I said, it wasn't looking good until that last punch.

Some of tall making it seem like Marquez dominated that 4th fight. :lol:

**** outta here with that...

who was dead at the end?

The last 20 seconds or so of round 5...manny couldn't close...but had marquez hurt. The fight went exactly like the other 3 fights though to me. Manny pressed got countered a lot but landed his fair share....just got reckless at the end of round 6. He doesn't eat that punch its probably another controversial decision by the judges on the cards.

But he got KOed and now has 1 or 2 fights to try to rebuild his legacy....marquez after the bradley loss should just sail into the sunset after an outstanding career.

You still have to wonder if Marquez was on anything at all during training camp. After 3 fights he decides to hire a S&C coach who is notorious for PEDs and distributing them. But I'm sure a guy like that you hire for all the RIGHT reasons. Just like searching for a babysitter in the hood. Yeah he's a drug dealer BUT he's great with kids lol. I think this was Marquez' last hooray to KO Manny and he pulled all the strings to do it. After the first knockdown, I've never seen that type of look on Mannys face. Like, "where did that power come from? Never felt that the first 3 fights." Just my opinion though.

Boxer Magomed Abdusalamov to be woken from coma in 'next two or three days,' according to promoter

Doctors initially thought Abdusalamov would die as a result of the injuries suffered during a Nov. 2 fight against Mike Perez, but the Russian heavyweight's health has improved to the point where medical staff at St. Luke's Hospital is ready to 'wake him up' from his medically induced coma.
By Mitch Abramson / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 7:50 PM

After receiving a diagnosis of almost certain death, the condition of brain-damaged heavyweight Magomed Abdusalamov has now improved to the point where doctors are ready to "wake him up" from his medically induced coma, his promoter told the Daily News on Wednesday. After undergoing a CAT-scan, doctors at St. Luke's Hospital, where Abdusalamov remains on life support, have revised their initial forecast and are hoping to arouse him from his coma by the end of the week, his promoter, Nathan Lewkowicz, said in a phone interview.

Abdusalamov, 32, was hospitalized after his brutal fight on Nov. 2 at Madison Square Garden against Mike Perez, apparently suffering a broken nose, cheek-bone and left hand in the course of the match. He left the ring under his own power, but Abdusalamov was found to have swelling and a blood clot on his brain later that night at the hospital, and doctors removed part of his skull to lessen the distension. Doctors weren't optimistic about his recovery in the days that followed, predicting he would die last week, Lewkowicz said. But they're now striking a different, more positive note, he said.

"[The doctors] are saying that he seems to be progressing nicely and they're hoping to wake him up in the next two or three days," Lewkowicz said. "That's a big improvement from last week when they didn't think he was going to make it, where there was almost a 100% chance he would die."

Doctors initially fear the worst for Magomed Abdusalamov (r.), who goes through a miraculous improvement in his health since being put into a medically induced coma. Doctors have credited his recovery to his conditioning as a fighter and his relative youth, Lewkowicz said after he visited the hospital on Tuesday. He tweeted out the improved diagnosis on his Twitter account. But Lewkowicz said doctors are unsure of the state he will be in once he wakes up from the coma.

"They're going to see how his motor skills are," he said. "It could be a long road to recovery. Hopefully it's going to be a situation where he gets better and it's like nothing happened. He could be blind- a lot of things could happen to him when he wakes up. But last week they were giving him no chance of surviving."

Abdusalamov's wife, Bakanay, is in the process of moving from Florida to live with a cousin in Connecticut to be closer to Abdusalamov, Lewkowicz said.

lmao that would be the end for Judah.

but how was Marquez on something if he has more KO victories than Pac before fight 4??????

he never had a s&c trainer before, he relied on hitting a tire with a sledgehammer and drinking piss juice...

Marquez could of took paquio to school like in the third fight, which he completely dominated, but he wanted to end it...thats why he was allowed to be hit alot.

i honestly think zab judah could give him fits.

The biggest reason was Angel Heredia, the S&C trainer who got caught for giving fighters roids changed his name and got Marquez bigger than he's ever been at 39. Idk if he was/wasn't on roids but tbh he looked so ridiculous and unlike how he's ever looked in his career, he prob was, either way he won the fight under the rules they had in place

I thought Marquez won the first fight (Pac really did nothing after the first round), lost the 2nd, won the 3rd (was more debatable than people like to say, i think marquez won his rounds more clearly but i actually watched it recently and thought it was 6-6), and won the 4th by one of the worst KO's i've ever seen. I think sometimes with boxing in terms of "winning", you have to think of who you'd rather be...No one in the world would rather be Pacquiao through these 4 fights combined imo, only one i'd rather be him was the 2nd fight.

And in the 4th fight, yes Manny had the fight in the bag and got careless. Marquez almost got stopped in rd5 and wasn't even throwing in rd6 was easily on his way to getting stopped and only had a puncher's chance. But that's boxing, a 'puncher's chance' is part of the game, and Marquez said before the 4th fight, he knows Pac is faster, more explosive, but he said 'I'm going to win bc i'm smarter than him'. that's exactly what happened.

I don't think Pacquaio is 'done', but i wouldn't put him in a guy who will outweigh him so much come fight night. I think the fight could go either way, some fighters really aren't the same after a big KO even if they pretend otherwise (ex. Paul Williams losing to Lara badly, though he got a gift decision). Props to him for getting back in the ring though, he has always had a fighter's attitude and you have to respect that

View media item 654733
Boxing enthusiasts, I need some of your help.

Can anyone point me in the direction of 1990s made/based on documentaries and/or films I should watch to get an idea of how the sport was in that decade? They can include highlights, interviews, scandals, etc.

I need it for a project I'm working on and any help would be greatly appreciated.

View media item 654733
Boxing enthusiasts, I need some of your help.

Can anyone point me in the direction of 1990s made/based on documentaries and/or films I should watch to get an idea of how the sport was in that decade? They can include highlights, interviews, scandals, etc.

I need it for a project I'm working on and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don King Only In America.

The biggest reason was Angel Heredia, the S&C trainer who got caught for giving fighters roids changed his name and got Marquez bigger than he's ever been at 39. Idk if he was/wasn't on roids but tbh he looked so ridiculous and unlike how he's ever looked in his career, he prob was, either way he won the fight under the rules they had in place

I thought Marquez won the first fight (Pac really did nothing after the first round), lost the 2nd, won the 3rd (was more debatable than people like to say, i think marquez won his rounds more clearly but i actually watched it recently and thought it was 6-6), and won the 4th by one of the worst KO's i've ever seen. I think sometimes with boxing in terms of "winning", you have to think of who you'd rather be...No one in the world would rather be Pacquiao through these 4 fights combined imo, only one i'd rather be him was the 2nd fight.

And in the 4th fight, yes Manny had the fight in the bag and got careless. Marquez almost got stopped in rd5 and wasn't even throwing in rd6 was easily on his way to getting stopped and only had a puncher's chance. But that's boxing, a 'puncher's chance' is part of the game, and Marquez said before the 4th fight, he knows Pac is faster, more explosive, but he said 'I'm going to win bc i'm smarter than him'. that's exactly what happened.

I don't think Pacquaio is 'done', but i wouldn't put him in a guy who will outweigh him so much come fight night. I think the fight could go either way, some fighters really aren't the same after a big KO even if they pretend otherwise (ex. Paul Williams losing to Lara badly, though he got a gift decision). Props to him for getting back in the ring though, he has always had a fighter's attitude and you have to respect that

I agree with just about everything. However, I think a draw for the first fight was the right call. The third fight Marquez won for sure in my eyes... 7-5. I didn't feel sorry for him though because he took his foot off the gas in the last 2-3 rounds. I don't understand people blaming Nacho for telling Marquez he was winning. That doesn't mean take a break, it means keep doing what you're doing. He's gone down that road a couple of times before, he should've known better.

I agree with just about everything. However, I think a draw for the first fight was the right call. The third fight Marquez won for sure in my eyes... 7-5. I didn't feel sorry for him though because he took his foot off the gas in the last 2-3 rounds. I don't understand people blaming Nacho for telling Marquez he was winning. That doesn't mean take a break, it means keep doing what you're doing. He's gone down that road a couple of times before, he should've known better.

Don't forget about the judge that screwed Pac over in the 1st fight.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the judge accounted for 2 knock downs instead of 3, which would have given Pac the W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom