Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What better options does he have right now? Danny Garcia will probably sell even less.
I was looking more at it from the perspective of he's only got 4 fights left and I don't want one of them to be with Khan
laugh.gif
.  Khan probably is the biggest draw he can face right now not named Pacquiao.  I would love to see Andre Ward come down to like 155 lbs. to fight Mayweather, but that would never happen
frown.gif

I wasn't terribly impressed by Donaire. Good to see the power though. But no consistent jab or body work, very few punches altogether. He was fearless of Vic in '07, last night he looked fearful.

He definitely is not ready for Rigondeaux.

I wasn't terribly impressed by Donaire. Good to see the power though. But no consistent jab or body work, very few punches altogether. He was fearless of Vic in '07, last night he looked fearful.

He definitely is not ready for Rigondeaux.

Depressing to watch the fear in his face.... Then telling kellerman that he was unsure of finishing the fight or something after Vic broke his cheekbone.

I bet. especially when she's on the losing side

Not really, when it comes to Boxing, she's a Pacquiao fan.

But just Mexicans vs. Puerto Ricans in general, it gets pretty intense in their family functions when someone is married to a Mexican.

I am going to give Nonito a break due to the lay off and coming off a demoralizing loss. His confidence was obviously not there but lets not act like Vic was a bum. Vic had everything to prove and fought well. Nonito was tested and responded and won the fight. So it is what it is...he obviously isn't "back" but he is getting there.....i think rigo beats him on points no matter what happens....Rigo is a technician in there

What is everyone's thoughts on Pac vs Rios?

Pac used to be known as a guy who can take a shot. He has been battered in some of those JMM and Morales fights. But coming off that KO i don't know....which makes the rios fight some what intriguing because he will get hit. Now i expect him to take a shot or two survive and win by decision but im trying to convince myself it will be an entertaining fight. I also am not low on Manny like some people i thought he was winning the JMM4 fight until the knockout and almost had JMM down in the round prior to getting KOed.....so basically to me he ate one bad punch but still wasn't out boxed.....but we all know a KO like that can change a person. So i guess we will see

Is this a West Coast thing?

I get the Boxing "rivalry". I don't get caught up in that nonsense.

Otherwise Ricans in NY don't give Mexicans a 2nd thought.

JMM was hanging on for dear life, he was obviously hurt and on the verge of getting KO'd himself. If I'm not mistaken I think his nose was broken and it was difficult for him to breathe, fortunately for him he threw a Hail Mary that landed.

It'll be interesting to see if Pac wants to stand and trade with a slugger or if he reverts back to the quick straight left hand then dart back out before getting hit.

Last edited:
I see Pac-Rios as Pac-Margarito 2.0 Rios only shot is if Manny decides to stay in the pocket and exchange.Or maybe the Marquez KO all over again but I highly doubt Manny falls (no pun intended) for the same thing twice. Marquez was def in a bad place before the KO. The shot that possibly broke his nose was ridiculous. It literally stopped and froze Marquez for a quick second.

really enjoyed darchinyan getting KTFO again :D I love when cocky mfers get bopped like that.

nonito needs to retire if his heart isnt in to boxing anymore, he can get hurt.

yea, shes a Pac fan :lol: there arent any good ricans so she'll root for the top gun in the last decade :lol: minus whale root for money may too.

idk Lightweight Champion, his nose WASNT broken. plus he hasnt been stopped in his career. Pac on the other hand, HAS been KOd before JMM 4. even tho it was a long time and many many divisions ago, he has been down and out for the 10 count. nothing new for Pac to get KOd.

agreed Nermindee, i read hes getting an MRI or something for his cheek

Last edited:
Pacquiao was knockedout by body shot when he was a teenager though. His chin holds up. He took shots from light middleweights that didnt make him flinch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom