Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGG/Sergio, Stevens/Quillin from Brooklyn.
I just think Sergio has "it" anymore. Time and wars have taking a toll on him. I really think he should have stayed  at 47 and or 54 a little while longer but he couldn't get big money fights. I think the JCC jr fight took a lot out of him. I don't wan to see him standing in front GGG with his hands at his waist eating those shots.

laugh.gif
why are you laughing?

350 sounds about right for them.
was going to say the samething. everyone cant do a million each PPV.

with the money both guys got paid they had know choice but to put that on PPV.

:smh:
That night had both a perfect stoppage (Stevens) and the exact opposite right before it.

The worst thing that could have happened to Donaire was that KO of Vic. He became WAY too dependent on a one hit KO.

I hear that.

I guess my point is that it made him a one dimensional fighter. The Donaire who was picking guys apart and dominating them with both hands is long gone. It just never showed itself until he stepped up to someone on his level. Which was no fault of his, the GB/TR beef robbed him of a good amount of opponents at fly & bantam.

was going to say the samething. everyone cant do a million each PPV.

with the money both guys got paid they had know choice but to put that on PPV.

Didn't help that the undercard was notoriously TERRIBLE, which is usually the case with TR cards.

I think that's an OK number.
Happened right after the best selling PPV in history.
Weak undercard.
Still did better than the two MMA cards that followed right after.

This gave me a good laugh. :lol:. It's going to be hilarious if he loses this weekend.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/...believes-he-can-beat-floyd-mayweather-alvarez

Andrade assessed several of the division's fighters as well as his chances against them, below.

Floyd Mayweather (45-0, 26 KOs): "I would beat him by decision, if not, I may knock him out if I had to. That could be. I just feel that I'm a southpaw, and I'm long and rangy. I'm fast. I'm not no dumb fighter. I believe that I have the power to do it."

Canelo Alvarez (42-1-1, 30 KOs): "I would stop him. I would walk his little *** down."

Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31 KOs): "I would stop him, too. I would stop him just because he's smaller, and I'm longger, and I would have him walking into punches all night long. I think that cuts would definitely be a factor."

Carlos Molina (22-5-2, 6 KOs): "I would stop him. I would walk his little *** down, too. He was a 147-pounder, so he's coming up. These guys have been trying to box him, and I'll keep him at bay and just walk him down and use my hand speed."

Erislandy Lara (18-1-2, 12 KOs): "I would whup his ***. But since he likes to run a lot, I think that our fight might go the distance."

Austin Trout (26-1, 14 KOs): "Probably the same thing as Lara. I'm a southpaw, and so is he, but I've got a little more flash and I'm faster. I think that I would be able to fight him. I'm not sure what his jaw can take, but if I can stop him, then I'll stop him, too. We fought back in the day, as amateurs, and I beat him then."

James Kirkland (31-1, 27 KOs): "I would stop him, too. He's short and he likes to just rush in and try to throw these long-assed hooks. He would be walking into punches all night long, too. I ain't going to let him just walk in."

Alfredo Angulo (22-3, 18 KOs): "I sparred with him to help him prepare for the Lara fight. He's a tough guy, but later on in the rounds, I would stop him, too."

It seems as though you can earn a big fight by shooting off at the mouth. Or at least in recent years that's how it's been, a marketing ploy at it's finest (or worst, depending on your perspective).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom