Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGG took some hard shots and didn't even blink. He KO Quillin in 4. I did see enough to think Ward would get him.
I think Ward beats him too, but will Ward ever step out of his kushy zone to actually ever challenge himself?

Last edited:
I think Ward beats him too, but will Ward ever step out of his kushy zone to actually ever challenge himself?

You honestly think that Ward would be afraid to fight Gennady? :lol:

SOG fears no one. If/when Gennady moves up, the fight will happen.

I don't know about scared, but Ward doesn't challenge himself IMO. When was the last time he fought 2 steps out his backyard of Oakland? Hasn't even considered moving up to 175 though being the man at 168 w/ no real competition. 

The only time he talked about moving in any direction in weight was to fight Mayweather 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
On the last train home from work. Drunk kid had GGG's chin. Refused police officer's request to speak with him. So he's physically restrained and resists arrest. Then he gets slammed head first into the window. Train stops, tries to run away and gets body slammed head first into the concrete.

GGG post fight interviews could very soon be as entertaining as Manny Pacquiao's once were.

"This is a sport for me, I respect everyone."
"You seemed to be aware of his power throughout the fight. Did he hurt you at all with his power shots in the middle rounds?"
"No. Not serious."

I got a good kick out of that.

GGG post fight interviews could very soon be as entertaining as Manny Pacquiao's once were.

"This is a sport for me, I respect everyone."
"You seemed to be aware of his power throughout the fight. Did he hurt you at all with his power shots in the middle rounds?"
"No. Not serious."

I got a good kick out of that.

Are you serious? I just spent an hour watching his interviews on youtube. How did I just now realize how funny he is? It's especially funny when the interviewers ask him one thing but he answers about something else because he doesn't understand. :lol:

View media item 639531View media item 639532

No shame in Showtime Stevens. That left hook is dynamite. This isn't a Brinkley situation. I'm not disappointed. He lost to a better fighter.

great stoppage by stevens corner... he had heart but if he just listened to his corner to keep it in the center and circle, he would have had a better chance.

GGG is an animal... damnnnnn.... so impressed... so relentless but never off balance like pacquiao. Very methodical too... he breaks you down with thunderous body shots... sergio better hide.

I'm really feeling Showtime Stevens and Kid Chocolate in NYC. Makes too much sense.

Stevens would put the first blemish on Quillin's resume. A KO at that.

Stevens got the fight beat out of him.

"are you serious?"
lmfaooo back to fighting bums, stevens.

Tyson Marquez carried out on a stretcher smh
forget the mike Perez fight, Marquez segura was a war.

Really enjoyed the fight card last night.

Hopefully its not the last time we see Stevens on one of these cards, he can fight, just not on the level of someone like GGG.

Good stoppage by his corner.

GGG seems to have the total package and certainly knows that body shots are just as important as head hunting.

Damn, he was taking a beating but it didn't look more excessive then other fights in the past. Hope he recovers.

I'm really feeling Showtime Stevens and Kid Chocolate in NYC. Makes too much sense.

Stevens would put the first blemish on Quillin's resume. A KO at that.

I'd like to see that, wasn't impressed by Quillin against Rosado, Stevens power will definitely hurt him.

GGG the king though, Mad TV version of Ivan Drago

"If he dies, he dies"

Who's next for him? Martinez going to get washed don't even wanna see it.

I want to see Cotto/Sergio loser retires.
Then Golovkin/Quillin.
Then both winners can fight each other on a PPV.

I don't see Quillin being a challenge for GGG at all honestly, if Rosado had power he would have put Quillin on his read end, dude's defense and footwork leaves a lot to be desired. Just give GGG Sergio now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom