Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGG
pimp.gif
.  Gotta give credit to Stevens for getting up and bouncing back after the knockdown, but GGG was intent on winning...

Note to Stevens, don't talk trash when you know you can't back it up. Curtis hit him with some good power shots and didn't even wobble GGG. He wasn't even phased lol. The look on Stevens face when he went down said it all about GGG's power. Back to NBC Sports fighting bums for Stevens.

Lol @ the scores in this post for that fight. Some of you really gave Stevens 3 rounds? 1 Round at ABBBBsolute best (round 1). He didn't even get that in my book....he lost every single round.

He'd have a good punch or flurry, then shell up the remainder of the rounder getting broken down.

lol so what in your opinion gave curtis those rounds? the fact that he's against the ropes the whole round taking punishment. he's landed 5 solid shots all fight and its even? cool story bro.. how long have you been watching boxing?

The first round: Stevens was the one backing GGG up. Landing the better cleaner shots
Second round: Stevens goes down.
Third round: GGG wins round
Fourth round: Stevens coming back landed the better shots throughout the round and especially at the end.
Fifth round: Stevens landed much better shots than GGG did.
Sixth: GGG wins round
Seventh: GGG wins round
Eighth: Stoppage.

That's the beauty of boxing isn't it? The scores can be subjective.

It's my opinion and my opinion only. I saw the fight how I saw it. If it hurts your guy's feelings that your boy GGG lost 3 rounds on my scorecard then IDK what to tell you.

Note that I'm not a fan of Stevens OR GGG.

:lol:

Last edited:
The first round: Stevens was the one backing GGG up. Landing the better cleaner shots
Second round: Stevens goes down.
Third round: GGG wins round
Fourth round: Stevens coming back landed the better shots throughout the round and especially at the end.
Fifth round: Stevens landed much better shots than GGG did.
Sixth: GGG wins round
Seventh: GGG wins round
Eighth: Stoppage.
I saw it like this:

Round 4 - Stevens gets punished for 2:30 and has a great 3-4 shots in the final 30 secs. Still loses the round.

Round 5 - Stevens looked awesome for the first minute of the round, thought he was turning it around. Nope, GGG dominates the remaining 2 minutes.

Round 6 and after - all GGG

I saw it like this:

Round 4 - Stevens gets punished for 2:30 and has a great 3-4 shots in the final 30 secs. Still loses the round.
Round 5 - Stevens looked awesome for the first minute of the round, thought he was turning it around. Nope, GGG dominates the remaining 2 minutes.

Round 6 and after - all GGG

That's why there are 3 judges in a boxing match.

You could be right for all I know. But I judged the fight how I saw it. I might rewatch the fight again tomorrow muted. But I don't think my opinion will change.

Last edited:
That's why there are 3 judges in a boxing match.

You could be right for all I know. But I judged the fight how I saw it. I might rewatch the fight again tomorrow muted. But I don't think my opinion will change.
Oh not arguing, just sharing my perspective. Me and Lederman were actually in agreement all night for once 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom