Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Well, we do have a quarterback as our head coach...........

While i DO NOT want him on this team........Harbaugh could give him some much needed assistance with his QBing skills. But for anything above the league minimum.......he can go somewhere else

One thing you can't take from Tebow is that he's a phenomenal leader. With what he's shown, his determination to win, especially in clutch games and losing scenarios is up there with the best. I have no doubt that if he was somehow brought in, the team would rally behind him just like they did in Denver. His energy and confidence is infectious. No denying that

But with the direction this team is going in (signing WR's) he just doesn't have the proper skill set in order to meet those goals.

Although, we haven't seen him throw since last season. Off seasons can be as productive as you make them. He definitely deserves a starting position on a team even as is.

One thing you can't take from Tebow is that he's a phenomenal leader. With what he's shown, his determination to win, especially in clutch games and losing scenarios is up there with the best. I have no doubt that if he was somehow brought in, the team would rally behind him just like they did in Denver. His energy and confidence is infectious. No denying that

But with the direction this team is going in (signing WR's) he just doesn't have the proper skill set in order to meet those goals.

Although, we haven't seen him throw since last season. Off seasons can be as productive as you make them. He definitely deserves a starting position on a team even as is.

Originally Posted by glasses

What we do know is that Tebow beat a bunch of below average teams for the most part because the Broncos defense carried his sorry +#*.  All that talk about his "leadership skills" and his "committment to prayer" should be saved for him leaving the game of football and becoming a clergy member.  At the end of the day I would rather have a quarterback than can actually throw the ball and complete pass be it 5 yards or 50 yards over a quarterback that can only name all the books of the Old Testament and is good for nothing else at all.

Originally Posted by glasses

What we do know is that Tebow beat a bunch of below average teams for the most part because the Broncos defense carried his sorry +#*.  All that talk about his "leadership skills" and his "committment to prayer" should be saved for him leaving the game of football and becoming a clergy member.  At the end of the day I would rather have a quarterback than can actually throw the ball and complete pass be it 5 yards or 50 yards over a quarterback that can only name all the books of the Old Testament and is good for nothing else at all.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

We are in the running for Tim Tebow according to Chris Mortenson... What do you guys think?.
I don't think about it. And no! If Alex doesn't the want to come back then the hell with him. Let Colin throw!

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

We are in the running for Tim Tebow according to Chris Mortenson... What do you guys think?.
I don't think about it. And no! If Alex doesn't the want to come back then the hell with him. Let Colin throw!

Ehh why not.. We were close to winning a SB with Alex... Don't see why the team can't carry him again. CK isn't ready yet... And will only be a step backwards if we do start him IMO.

Ehh why not.. We were close to winning a SB with Alex... Don't see why the team can't carry him again. CK isn't ready yet... And will only be a step backwards if we do start him IMO.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

How do we know CK isnt ready yet?  Im sure dude has been working with harbaugh as much as possible to get in the game.   

How do we know CK isnt ready yet?  Im sure dude has been working with harbaugh as much as possible to get in the game.   

Garrido or whatever his name is, signed with Dolphins, so Alex coming back is almost a sure thing. Meh. I still have trust issues with his redzone offense...

Garrido or whatever his name is, signed with Dolphins, so Alex coming back is almost a sure thing. Meh. I still have trust issues with his redzone offense...

Man I thought Alex was supposed to be smart. This dude has had a contract offer since Dec, he BS'd around trying to get more and gave time for the 9ers to get in the manning chase. Now he lost all his leverage w/ the dolphins and STILL aint signed the contract! Now the 9ers are looking at Josh Johnson and Alex gonna be left out in the cold. After all the money he stole w/ his first contract his punk *** should be offering to play for the 9ers for free.

God I hope the 9ers sign Johnson and Alex ends up on the bench somewhere else

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I'm sure he's been working hard... But it takes more than practice to run a team in game situations... Id say it's safer to just sit behind Alex for now and learn certain game situations off the bench. His time will come, but for now Alex is the better choice to start. Plus, the team might not have as much faith starting a second year player that still has to prove himself rather than a player that took them to the NFC championship game.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I'm sure he's been working hard... But it takes more than practice to run a team in game situations... Id say it's safer to just sit behind Alex for now and learn certain game situations off the bench. His time will come, but for now Alex is the better choice to start. Plus, the team might not have as much faith starting a second year player that still has to prove himself rather than a player that took them to the NFC championship game.

Man I thought Alex was supposed to be smart. This dude has had a contract offer since Dec, he BS'd around trying to get more and gave time for the 9ers to get in the manning chase. Now he lost all his leverage w/ the dolphins and STILL aint signed the contract! Now the 9ers are looking at Josh Johnson and Alex gonna be left out in the cold. After all the money he stole w/ his first contract his punk *** should be offering to play for the 9ers for free.

God I hope the 9ers sign Johnson and Alex ends up on the bench somewhere else

jimmy called JJ the most raw talented QB he has ever coached.

JJ at his worst is probably alex smith.

either way, he'd be a hell lot cheaper than alex for the same if not better talent/potential

jimmy called JJ the most raw talented QB he has ever coached.

JJ at his worst is probably alex smith.

either way, he'd be a hell lot cheaper than alex for the same if not better talent/potential

Back
Top Bottom