Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Why waste money on Braylon and we don't have a QB that can deliver the ball to him anyways?

Don't worry about Braylon dropping balls because Ted Ginny Jr. does the same thing. We draft players that are safe picks besides Crabtree.

Why waste money on Braylon and we don't have a QB that can deliver the ball to him anyways?

Don't worry about Braylon dropping balls because Ted Ginny Jr. does the same thing. We draft players that are safe picks besides Crabtree.

I'm with u on Malcolm Floyd over Edwards.

Mass email
laugh.gif
, no wonder nobody wants to play for us.

Wasted a 2nd round pick for him, now we'll get a late round pick for him.

Is baalke drunk?

I'm with u on Malcolm Floyd over Edwards.

Mass email
laugh.gif
, no wonder nobody wants to play for us.

Wasted a 2nd round pick for him, now we'll get a late round pick for him.

Is baalke drunk?

Apparently, it was that MFer Dingleberrys fault for even wanting the guy

It turns out that the 49ers' signing of Madieu Williams wasn't just about prompting Dashon Goldson to sign the team's contract offer. According to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter, the 49ers are actively shopping safety Taylor Mays to the point where they sent an email to the 31 other teams notifying them that Mays is available.
Taylor%20Mays.bmp

Mays, of course, was a second-round pick last season. With Goldson unsigned, he has been working with the starting group next to safety Reggie Smith, who has had a solid start to camp. However, on the first day of practice the safety starters were Smith and C.J. Spillman, who has since had to watch practice along with players like Alex Smith and Ray McDonald because he is a free-agent signee.

As you'll recall, the live feed into the 49ers draft room in April of 2010 seemed to show an argument between then-coach Mike Singletary and Trent Baalke, who was ostensibly running the draft, when the team's second-round pick was approaching. It seems now as if Baalke wasn't too keen on drafting Mays at that time.

Mays was the source of tension in the team's locker room last year. When veteran safety Michael Lewis, who started the first three games, learned that the team planned to give Mays more playing time at his expense, he felt betrayed and quit the team. Mays started the next six games but began to struggle and was replaced in the starting lineup by Smith.

Would the 49ers be able to find a trading partner? Mays was passed over by his college coach, Pete Carroll, in the first round last year, which left Mays fuming. He and Carroll have since made up. The most obvious landing spot is Minnesota where Singletary is the linebackers/assistant head coach.

Williams, who signed a one-year deal yesterday with the 49ers, played in Minnesota last year.

-- Matt Barrows

Apparently, it was that MFer Dingleberrys fault for even wanting the guy

It turns out that the 49ers' signing of Madieu Williams wasn't just about prompting Dashon Goldson to sign the team's contract offer. According to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter, the 49ers are actively shopping safety Taylor Mays to the point where they sent an email to the 31 other teams notifying them that Mays is available.
Taylor%20Mays.bmp

Mays, of course, was a second-round pick last season. With Goldson unsigned, he has been working with the starting group next to safety Reggie Smith, who has had a solid start to camp. However, on the first day of practice the safety starters were Smith and C.J. Spillman, who has since had to watch practice along with players like Alex Smith and Ray McDonald because he is a free-agent signee.

As you'll recall, the live feed into the 49ers draft room in April of 2010 seemed to show an argument between then-coach Mike Singletary and Trent Baalke, who was ostensibly running the draft, when the team's second-round pick was approaching. It seems now as if Baalke wasn't too keen on drafting Mays at that time.

Mays was the source of tension in the team's locker room last year. When veteran safety Michael Lewis, who started the first three games, learned that the team planned to give Mays more playing time at his expense, he felt betrayed and quit the team. Mays started the next six games but began to struggle and was replaced in the starting lineup by Smith.

Would the 49ers be able to find a trading partner? Mays was passed over by his college coach, Pete Carroll, in the first round last year, which left Mays fuming. He and Carroll have since made up. The most obvious landing spot is Minnesota where Singletary is the linebackers/assistant head coach.

Williams, who signed a one-year deal yesterday with the 49ers, played in Minnesota last year.

-- Matt Barrows

http://msn.foxsports.com/...ichigan-bar-fight-080411

Report: Edwards implicated in bar fight
NewsCore

--

Updated Aug 4, 2011 12:27 PM ET

NFL free agent Braylon Edwards could face legal trouble Thursday for his role in a fight that broke out at a bar in Birmingham, Mich., early Monday, the Detroit Free Press reported.

ME! ME! ME!
Some players can't help but love the spotlight. Here are the NFL's top 10 divas.

A statement from South Bar, in downtown Birmingham, implicated Edwards in the incident that saw two of his cousins charged with felonious assault after allegedly attacking two bouncers with a pocket knife and a fork.

"Braylon Edwards was present and involved, but it's an ongoing police investigation, so at this time, we don't have any further information," the bar confirmed Tuesday.

The Free Press also reported that "privately, employees at South Bar said Edwards was spurring on his cousins rather than trying to get them to stop fighting."

Edwards' cousins, brothers Tre Lenard Wright, 19, and Edmund Jerrell Wright, 22, both pleaded not guilty Monday.

Birmingham police said they had no knowledge that Edwards -- who is already on probation for a drunk-driving conviction in New York -- was involved in the fight.

But police spokesman, Cmdr. Terry Kiernan, confirmed Wednesday that they might arrest a third person connected to the incident.

"The officers were taking the suspects into custody, and by the time they returned to the bar to get statements, everyone was gone," Kiernan said. "As time went on, we started hearing other people were involved in this."

South Bar employees, meanwhile, said former NBA star Jalen Rose was also present and attempted to break up the fight. A day after the incident, Rose began a 20-day drunk-driving sentence at the Oakland County Jail.

Edwards, 28, is not expected to be re-signed with the New York Jets.

http://msn.foxsports.com/...ichigan-bar-fight-080411

Report: Edwards implicated in bar fight
NewsCore

--

Updated Aug 4, 2011 12:27 PM ET

NFL free agent Braylon Edwards could face legal trouble Thursday for his role in a fight that broke out at a bar in Birmingham, Mich., early Monday, the Detroit Free Press reported.

ME! ME! ME!
Some players can't help but love the spotlight. Here are the NFL's top 10 divas.

A statement from South Bar, in downtown Birmingham, implicated Edwards in the incident that saw two of his cousins charged with felonious assault after allegedly attacking two bouncers with a pocket knife and a fork.

"Braylon Edwards was present and involved, but it's an ongoing police investigation, so at this time, we don't have any further information," the bar confirmed Tuesday.

The Free Press also reported that "privately, employees at South Bar said Edwards was spurring on his cousins rather than trying to get them to stop fighting."

Edwards' cousins, brothers Tre Lenard Wright, 19, and Edmund Jerrell Wright, 22, both pleaded not guilty Monday.

Birmingham police said they had no knowledge that Edwards -- who is already on probation for a drunk-driving conviction in New York -- was involved in the fight.

But police spokesman, Cmdr. Terry Kiernan, confirmed Wednesday that they might arrest a third person connected to the incident.

"The officers were taking the suspects into custody, and by the time they returned to the bar to get statements, everyone was gone," Kiernan said. "As time went on, we started hearing other people were involved in this."

South Bar employees, meanwhile, said former NBA star Jalen Rose was also present and attempted to break up the fight. A day after the incident, Rose began a 20-day drunk-driving sentence at the Oakland County Jail.

Edwards, 28, is not expected to be re-signed with the New York Jets.

Originally Posted by dland24

Id rather have Malcolm Floyd than Braylon.....anyone else with me on that?
Holla.

Edit--

I will be wearing my Deion Sanders 49ers jersey to work tomorrow in honor of his induction into Canton on Saturday.  My favorite football player of all-time.

Originally Posted by dland24

Id rather have Malcolm Floyd than Braylon.....anyone else with me on that?
Holla.

Edit--

I will be wearing my Deion Sanders 49ers jersey to work tomorrow in honor of his induction into Canton on Saturday.  My favorite football player of all-time.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Goldson basically said he's gone on twitter.
oh did he? thanks.

sucks about dashon though. i wonder what the saftey tandem's gonna be then... SS: Whitner/FS: Madieu ?

Originally Posted by chris82790

Goldson basically said he's gone on twitter.
oh did he? thanks.

sucks about dashon though. i wonder what the saftey tandem's gonna be then... SS: Whitner/FS: Madieu ?

Back
Top Bottom