Official 2012 New Year's Resolution Thread Vol. It's Time For A Change

I'm taking mine super seriously this year, I'm gonna print it out and tape it to the wall of my room.
-Get a job

-Get at least a 620 on the GMAT

-Get into MAcc (Master of Accountancy) program

-Pass the CIA exam (Certified Internal Auditor)

-Not fap at all (YEA YOU HEARD ME)

-Pay off 1/3 of my school loans

-Get in better shape

If I think of other stuff I'll add it later.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ New Years Resolutions

If you're about that change, make that change right now or tomorrow. Why wait until New Years?
30t6p3b.gif

A lot of mine have already been set in motion, what I will say is that the whole concept of  New Years resolutions is a big motivator for some

That transformation video is dope, definitely gives inspiration. My goals are to get back down to my playing weight of 200 and pass it to 180 (268 now), save to buy my first car, and enroll into a masters program.

Eat healthier, workout, smoke more green, drink less, get at more girls, and gettin 1000 posts on NT.
smokin.gif

I need to get a new gig. My job is so easy for me, but so hard for some of the jokers I work with, and because of that, my management never comes to my site, or questions what I'm doing, but because of that, I'm not striving to better myself and ultimately doing myself a disservice. When I first started there I was enthusiastic and did everything to the book, and now 18 months or so later, I've become so lazy there, that it's not good for my overall pysche. Also I need to get to eat better, I go to the gym, but dont eat balanced enough, I could be alot bigger.

Not really a resolution, but an ongoing goal. By the end of next summer, I want to:

-Get lean and cut
-Drive a Subaru WRX (not own, but just drive once)
-And make $3000 by the end of August.
moz-screenshot-10.png

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

I don't know why you guys wait until a new year to make changes. You're doing it wrong.

I don't think anyone's actually waiting until January 1 to start making changes, it's more like everyone has some things they want to get done by 2012.

I don't know why you guys wait until a new year to make changes. You're doing it wrong.

I say that all the time to myself and still don't listen. Haha.

Well, I told myself I would hit the gym in 2011 and am still doing it. Seen small improvements but still, pretty happy that I stuck with it.

For 2012, going to keep it to two things. I need to get a new job and am going to try and skateboard again. Hopefully at least one of the two will be done.

More money get better @+$#%* take more control of my life. Instead of leaving it to change or god

Originally Posted by scshift

I don't think anyone's actually waiting until January 1 to start making changes, it's more like everyone has some things they want to get done by 2012.
Exactly

Well all of mine are a current work in progress.

Get back in shape and run a half marathon in under 1:30, possibly try and qualify for Boston Marathon in the fall/winter. Always get nagging injuries that hold me back but took 3-4 months off running and now I am back feeling better than ever.

Save more money. I have maintained the same level for far to long in my accounts which means I am spending way to much. Already cut down on drinking and going out to eat which has helped a lot. I also need to find a new job, driving 45 miles to work and 45 home everyday is spending way to much on gas.

Get my school situation figured out, the closer I am getting the spring the more I am thinking I won't get into Nursing school this year
30t6p3b.gif
To stressed lately over this.

- no pop
- stretch everyday
- gain 10 lb
- get my abs back
- work on my morals
- love > lust
- pray more often
- buy into peer pressure less

the usuals
- get good grades
- save my money

Last year I actually gave myself New Year's Resolutions and I did every one of them:

Perfect Work Attendance (No Calling In, Showing Up Late, Leaving Early)
Restrict myself to water only
Get a New Car.

So this year, I'm just trying to repeat, word to the 87-88 Lakers
pimp.gif

Along with some new goals:
Get accepted to CSU East Bay
Correct past relationship mistakes
Make significant progress toward my future.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Start my masters in Cyber Security
Get my certification in Security+
Start studying for and hopefully take the CISSP cert
Live life to the fullest and enjoy my time here

Regret nothing
Gain muscle/Correct Posture
Good Grades
Stop being lazy
Leave old chicks behind/approach new money
Go to a bunch of concerts

-Ride my bike to the beach once (60 miles)
-Visit NT less (about a hour or so)
-Make new friends
-Buy my first property
-Grow a manly beard
-Get braces
-Get my business to gross 20k/month

I haven't read through the thread... but I absolutely HATE people that go in on other people who actually do have NY Resolutions.. what the hell does it matter to you when they plan to do whatever they wanna do for themselves? Why do you gotta add your BS negativity to people that are TRYING to work on bettering themselves? Sure, most will fail, some will prevail.. but whether they decide to do it today or wanna wait for next year to proclaim it as a resolution... what the hell does it matter to you? You got your own flaws to worry about... so keep it movin' and mind your own.

With that said... I'm just gonna work harder to try and find a better job and lose about 5 pounds. Nothing too major.. but like someone on the first page said, it's a new start for everyone. Everyone be safe and enjoy your night!

-Get a new girlfriend
-Make new friends
-Get my grades up
-Start going to church
-Try to manage my time between my part time job and school

Back
Top Bottom