OFFICIAL 2012 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD (FINALS! 4-1) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

images

Can't wait to see him frustrating Kobe again
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
ShaneBattierMemphisGrizzliesvOklahomaxu8MqMSjiWAl_display_image.jpg
Dat Mass meme?

A insert from Ira Windermans blog today:

Centers (3): Joel Anthony, Eddy Curry, Dexter Pittman.
Power forwards (3): Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, Juwan Howard.
Small forwards (3): LeBron James, Shane Battier, James Jones.
Shooting guards (3): Dwyane Wade, Mike Miller, Eddie House.
Point guards (2): Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole.

That leaves one roster spot open, which seemingly would make an amnesty cut at point guard the perfect fit, if the likes of a Chauncey Billups or a Baron Davis could slip through the secondary-waiver process of teams operating below the salary cap.
Add one of those, and this roster stands up against any in the NBA.
Of course, even without one of those, it still compares favorably to anything going.

Baron Davis or Chauncey would be a ideal fit for our team. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hulkogan74

Miaimi still isnt winnig anything as long as the Big 3 dont step up
Wow.  Such insight and knowledge.  My eyes burn from my computer screen being so bright.

Originally Posted by roboski

That leaves one roster spot open, which seemingly would make an amnesty cut at point guard the perfect fit, if the likes of a Chauncey Billups or a Baron Davis could slip through the secondary-waiver process of teams operating below the salary cap.
Of course, even without one of those, it still compares favorably to anything going.

pimp.gif

Honestly, if Mario can play as well as he did in the playoffs, I would consider keeping him in the starting lineup.  He hit some big shots, and made a lot of smart plays.  IMO Chauncey and Baron are both shoot-first PGs.  We don't need shooters, we need a distributor.  Don't get me wrong, adding either of those guys would be a plus, but I don't think instantly riding Mario to the bench is the best move.

I still don't get everyone's fixation on cbill and more? Maybe BDiddy, but what if he doesn't come in shape like in cleveland, what then. A small version of Eddy Curry, naw I'm good.

Completely different offseason for the Heatles this year. All the other top teams making noise (for better or worse), but the Heat silently making moves.

dadecounty11 wrote:
roboski wrote:

pimp.gif

Honestly, if Mario can play as well as he did in the playoffs, I would consider keeping him in the starting lineup.  He hit some big shots, and made a lot of smart plays.  IMO Chauncey and Baron are both shoot-first PGs.  We don't need shooters, we need a distributor.  Don't get me wrong, adding either of those guys would be a plus, but I don't think instantly riding Mario to the bench is the best move.

I hear you dadecounty11, but adding either one of those two would definitely help out in the long run and for dept reasons it really cant hurt. I know i said earlier Chauncey would be great for the Heat but BD could add that extra dimension teams would have to skeem around.

lou-capozzola-cleveland-cavaliers-v-new-york-knicks-new-york-march-4-baron-davis.jpg

^^This game alone showed me what kind of player BD still is. Cavs vs Knicks 2010 in MSG

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Originally Posted by roboski

pimp.gif

I don't consider Mario a distributor.  Both Wade and James create for teammates.  I think it is better to have a knock-down shooter at PG with what we already have.

I guess Riley is depending more on the offensive strides of Joel this offseason, Dex, and the rebirth of Eddy Curry rather than paying Sammy D $5 mil a year. I'm surprised we didn't amnesty Miller. But we have both JJ and Haslem with us, so in Riley I trust.

I have no faith in Anthony, Curry, or Dex. I feel like we NEED a upgrade at the C spot.

more than a perfect fit for us.....
Billups Warns Teams To Not Bid, Wants To Choose Destination
Dec 10, 2011 3:18 PM EST

Chauncey Billups went on the record to deter teams from making a bid on him on the amnesty waiver wire.

"People take my kindness and professionalism for weakness," said Billups. "They think I’ll be OK with (getting claimed). I won’t be OK with this."

Billups is looking for the freedom to choose his own destination. He also would be able to draw a second salary if he goes unclaimed.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....estination#ixzz1gAP8MeJJ

Curry is still over 300 pounds but his head is in the right place.

E.Curry:
"This is a great place for me, both to rejuvenate myself and I feel like I can help this team," Curry said Saturday after his first practice with the Heat at AmericanAirllines Arena. "I never gave up hope. I knew this opportunity was here. I can tell you that I'm feeling good and I'm on path to help these guys do something special."

Good thing he has a former big guy that has his back in Haslem.

Haslem:
"He went through all the work, even more so than everybody else," Heat forward Udonis Haslem said of Saturday's practice with Curry. "We kept him in there a little longer to get him more reps. He was dunking today. Easy. Me, LeBron and some other guys were talking on the side about how light he is on his feet. When you drop that kind of weight, you're more confident on and off the floor." Haslem said he and veteran Juwan Howard have committed to monitoring Curry each day to offer support and guidance as he gets acclimated to the Heat's system.

Curry is a low risk HIGH reward. Anyone can see why the Heat, a team notorious for its strict conditioning standards, would take a chance on Curry. The guy has already lost 70 pounds for christs sake! That's a small Asian lady! (no waisis). You guys forget who was overweight before becoming slim? Udonis Haslem. He was just like Curry and will mentor him. Riles knows what he's doing.

Possible. If no one claims Billups he's a *paid* unrestricted FA because he'll still be paid his full salary by the Knicks. He's said that its not about the money, its about being happy. That bodes well for the Heat because we only can offer him a veterans minimum. We're really strapped for cash at this point. But the way Billups is carrying on in the media, he wouldn't even report to a team if they sucked. Bawse.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Get Billups to south beach ASAP!

Cause if he goes there....it's all over for the league.

GET HIM THERE NOOOOOOOOOW!!!
I feel his
mad.gif

Man I would love tht for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom