OFFICIAL 2012 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD (FINALS! 4-1) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif

Best player out there tonight.

Norris was amazing during the scrimmage. If he keeps it up then he'll take Chalmers' job by mid-January

Pittman, on the other hand, was not. He doesn't look ready at all
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Norris was amazing during the scrimmage. If he keeps it up then he'll take Chalmers' job by mid-January

Pittman, on the other hand, was not. He doesn't look ready at all
30t6p3b.gif
I agree, he didnt seem comfortable out there at all. I remain hopeful that he'll keep working hard though. 

[h1]Heat is off: Riley extends Spoelstra's contract[/h1]
6:23 p.m. EST, December 16, 2011

MIAMI—
This is how the Miami Heat operate, purely on a need-to-know basis.

Pat Riley decided the eve of the final season of Erik Spoelstra's contract was the proper time for his coach to know he had security, so he made his move this week, extending Spoelstra's deal.

But only when asked during Friday's state-of-the-Heat media session at AmericanAirlines Arena did the Heat president divulge the move.

"Erik's contract has been extended," Riley said matter-of-factly several minutes into his question-and-answer session, with no formal release issued by the team. "We have one of the great young coaches in the league that's an absolute member of this family and has been for a long time, so we want him to become a Hall of Famer. So, that's been taken care of."

And that was it. No details on how long of an extension or whether the Heat finally have pushed Spoelstra's salary out of the lower tier among NBA coaches.

"It's been in the works for a while," Riley said. "I'm not going to discuss the terms."

Later, prodded about his own future with the team, Riley said that he, too, plans on sticking around for a while, again without offering parameters about his agreement with owner Micky Arison.

"I love what I'm doing here," Riley, 66, said. "The Arisons have been absolutely great to me.

"Everybody, we've been around each other for a long time, it's really a family."

Riley announcement just nine days before the Dec. 25 regular-season opener against the Dallas Mavericks was so impromptu that Spoelstra, 41, was not even available for comment, with the Heat given Friday off from practice, although many players worked out, anyway.

Spoelstra said at the start of camp he did not see the expiring contract as an issue.

"He would never have been a lame-duck coach, even though you would have made him one, a guy in the last year of his contract," Riley said. "So that wasn't the reason why we did it.

"The reason we did it is we wanted to extend him and keep him in the family and not have somebody come and steal him away from us."

Spoelstra took the Heat from 15-67 in 2007-08 in Riley's final year as coach to the playoffs in each of his first two seasons, falling in the first round each time. He then got the Heat within two victories of the franchise's second championship in the 2011 NBA Finals against the Mavericks.

While there were a few uneven moments last season as Spoelstra adjusted to a roster loaded with the talents and personalities of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James, there largely has been tranquility in the locker room, on the practice court and in the huddle since those tense weeks at the start of 2010-11.

"Me and Erik, our relationship will continue to grow," James said earlier this week. "It's much better today than it was the first day of practice last year. We didn't know each other at all. We were still learning each other. We'd seen each other from a distance. I'd seen him coach from the sideline . . . he'd seen me play while he was coaching from the sideline.

"Our relationship is really good right now. I'm happy with where we are right now."

Riley is equally comfortable with his relationship with Spoelstra, who was a Heat video aide prior to Riley's South Florida arrival in 1995 and worked his way up the coaching ladder before taking over for Riley in June 2008.

"I think he's so much more comfortable in his own skin now," Riley said. "Contrary to what people might think, I am not a helicopter flying over the top of him all the time. I give him tremendous freedom and space because I trust the fact that he's in there working every day."

Riley said falling in the Finals could ultimately make Spoelstra a better coach.

"Being in the Finals," Riley said, "and going down to the game that meant the difference in your season and going through that and that pain will help him."

By Ira Winderman South Florida Sun Sentinel

Anyone going to the "Into The Fire"  Premiere??? 6PM @ the Triple A, free showing for the fans. I'll be there. Chalmers and Bosh will do Q & A as well.
[h1]Get Free Tickets to the Premiere of Miami Heat's Into the Fire Documentary[/h1]
By Kyle Munzenrieder
published: Mon., Dec. 12 2011 @ 2:06PM
[table][tr][td]
intothefire.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table]​The Heat may not have a celebration quite like last year's infamous pre-season pep rally planned to kick off the season -- but maybe that's because they want you to relive that welcoming party all over again. The Heat are about to unleash a documentary film, Into the Fire, and lucky fans will get a chance to view the film at American Airlines Arena.
http://
The feature-length documentary, narrated by Alonzo Mourning, documents the team's 2010-11 season beginning with the big three's introduction at AAA. Spoiler alert: It doesn't have a happy ending. Regardless, here's the trailer:

The film will premier this Saturday at 6 p.m. inside AAA. Fans can score free tickets by liking the team's Facebook page and going through a registration process.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

to the Miami NT fans: How would you guys feel if Gilbert signed with the team?

I wouldn't mind it, but it might take away from possible opportunities for Norris Cole to shine.

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

I wouldn't mind it, but it might take away from possible opportunities for Norris Cole to shine.
I'm against it, he's a cancer.  I'm glad we won't get Davis too.  Arenas doesn't even seem to fit the Miami Heat model, I don't see Riley or Arison pursing him.

1st Quarter:
*LeBron's post game isn't looking so promising.  He's been setting up about 15-20 ft out and no success so far.  His 20 ft jumper is money though.  Not worried about him.
*Wade - Not worried he's D Wade
*Bosh - This man definitely is playing with more intensity and is less hesitant, he's doing what he wants to do with the ball.  I expect his numbers to be higher this year.
*Cole - Much more crisp than Rio and is able to create his own shot and set up others.
*Center is a black hole.

2nd Quarter:
*Terrell Harris is not too bad, I know it's far fetched he stays on the squad though.
*Cole reinforcing that he's bout that life.
*Glad to have UD back.
*Defense isn't closing out with the quickness like last year, ehh it's preseason though.

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

I'm against it, he's a cancer.  I'm glad we won't get Davis too.  Arenas doesn't even seem to fit the Miami Heat model, I don't see Riley or Arison pursing him.
Arenas is a shooter, and I'm sure if he wants to play for them he would want to fit in as much as possible.

How come they didn't pick up dalembert?

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Arenas is a shooter, and I'm sure if he wants to play for them he would want to fit in as much as possible.

How come they didn't pick up dalembert?
He didn't want to take a paycut and with the prices centers are going for we can't afford him.  1 yr/$7 mil for Kwame?
sick.gif
Houston also has that void at center with Yao being out.  Looks like we just have to wing it this year again, I don't ever see Pittman being productive for this team.

Overall the team is crispy and refined. Title or bust. Let's go Heat! BTW Battier didn't play strained quadricep.

We should pick up Terrell Harris as a 2/3, he seems like a good spot up 3 shooter.  Reminds me of Rasual Butler or Cook, but a more athletic.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Will the 'In the Fire' movie be available on DVD?

Ehh if it was I wouldn't cop.  I sat through it and was hoping for more behind the scenes type coverage, but it was just a montage of every game last year all the way up to the finals.  It wasn't bad, but it got boring midway through since I saw every game last year.  Mickey Arison, Bosh, Rio, and Joel showed up.  Micky is a cool dude.  Check out SunSports website, maybe they'll stream it.

Back
Top Bottom