OFFICIAL 2012 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD (FINALS! 4-1) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pittman 
pimp.gif

I think its about to be a #ColeWorld! Never been this hype about a Rook since Flash himself.

Not sure how Arenas wouldn't fit into the Heat system.

With LBJ/Wade bringing up the ball, he can just stay on the wing ALL DAY and wait for open looks off of opposing double teams on LBJ/Wade.

Bibby and Mike Miller were brought in for the same reasons last season but both of those bums shot terribly.

But is Gil a stand-still shooter? Looks to shoot off the dribble doesn't he?

That dude Cole is CRAZY!!! And he doesn't seem nervous one bit...WOW!!

He's going to bring a Cole world to the Heat

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

1st Quarter:
*LeBron's post game isn't looking so promising.  He's been setting up about 15-20 ft out and no success so far.  His 20 ft jumper is money though.  Not worried about him.
*Wade - Not worried he's D Wade
*Bosh - This man definitely is playing with more intensity and is less hesitant, he's doing what he wants to do with the ball.  I expect his numbers to be higher this year.
*Cole - Much more crisp than Rio and is able to create his own shot and set up others.
*Center is a black hole.

2nd Quarter:
*Terrell Harris is not too bad, I know it's far fetched he stays on the squad though.
*Cole reinforcing that he's bout that life.
*Glad to have UD back.
*Defense isn't closing out with the quickness like last year, ehh it's preseason though.
LeBron will bring the post move when the season starts.
smokin.gif

Watched the replay late last night due to being at my office yesterday and I must say I was very impressed with the bench players and ones looking to hopefully make this team. The competition has definitely brought the best out of all of them. Norris looked pretty good but he'll learn to play better going to the basket. Had a few turnovers and drew too many charges so adjusting to the speed of the game will be something he'll succeed in eventually. Not to mention he's blazing fast as it is. The way he pushes the ball and court vision is exceptional!

Derrick B impressed me a lot with his assertiveness going to the basket and making his mid range shots successfully as well. We've already put in waivers for Jeremy Wise and Billy White so we'll get a better idea of our full roster by Wednesday. Hopefully it'll include a Mr. Sam Dalembert!!  

Edit- Chalmers in fact is embracing the competition and has played well also. He certainly realizes that Norris is being looked at strongly!

Originally Posted by Dric

But is Gil a stand-still shooter? Looks to shoot off the dribble doesn't he?
you're acting as if shooting off the dribble is easier than being a spot-up shooter
laugh.gif

dude had a video where he made like 85/100 three pointers in practice from stand-still. crazy.

I always wonder why the heat wont go 95-96 bulls and start dwade and lebron in the backcourt like harper and jordan, especialy if lebron starts posting up more. I would start wade,lebron,battier,bosh,antony and run the offense thru lebron in the post. Wade can keep up with any point guard in the league..............can you image the match up problems this would cause the opposing team
tired.gif

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I always wonder why the heat wont go 95-96 bulls and start dwade and lebron in the backcourt like harper and jordan, especialy if lebron starts posting up more. I would start wade,lebron,battier,bosh,antony and run the offense thru lebron in the post. Wade can keep up with any point guard in the league..............can you image the match up problems this would cause the opposing team
tired.gif

that lineup is probably finishing every close game

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

tired.gif

Always think this but with Bron at the 1.

After watching this last pre-season game it is evident the Miami Heat are trying to establish a greater defensive identity. They showcased a blitzing full court press and I think this style of defense would be very useful at key times during the season... especially in the playoffs.

Point guard play has the potential to far exceed what it was last season IF Norris Cole pans out. So far I like his aggressiveness, speed, and his ability to beat his man off the dribble. He also has decent court vision, a nice mid range pull up and can run a pick and roll offense. But even more important, is the fact he seems to understands what Coach Spolestra wants on the defensive end. Him and the "good" Mario Chalmers have the potential to do something special this season.

Overall, I predict that there will be a learning curve earlier in the season due to the fact that they are running less set plays. I for one welcome the decision as it allows our play makers more freedom to make plays. I also think the Heat will be one of, if not, the best defensive team in the league.

We have a long road a head, but I like the Miami Heat's chances

I liked what I saw from the preseason games. Still kind of iffy on the center position but I think they can hide their weakness there when they play the Haslem, Bosh, Bron, Wade, Chalmers lineup. Sucks that Mike Miller and Shane Battier are going to have to wait to get in the mix, but in the long run they'll help out a ton. Anyone else notice how Bron changed up his free throw routine?

I don't expect a learning curve as far as the offense goes. I fully expect us to be a well-oiled machine because there is no new guys. We had a year to work out the kinks. Another great night for the Cole-Blooded Killa and idk if yall noticed but Terrell Harris and Derrick Byars were one of the firsts off the bench. We have 2 spots left...

I hate how we give up 20+ point leads, i understand teams make a run, but we have to win those games....grrrrrrrr...
The defense that was shown in the first 2 quarters was AMAZING THO!!!

Eddy House was cut.

This is the final 15:

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Anthony
Haslem
Miller
Battier
Cole
Curry