Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

That's just a matter of opinion though. It
should not be considered hate.

See I don't think it's that simple though. People have a tendency to defend the things and people they idolize to a fault. I sincerely believe the people who are trolling about with these allegations are simply trying to assuage the pain of seeing Pacquiao being knocked out.

To me it's hateful because they're willing to throw an extremely credible fighter under the bus just to try to rationalize the loss. When the results come out and he's deemed clean do you honestly think their tune will change?

I don't think so, I don't think some people will ever come to terms with the legitimacy of the knockout. It's a shame because now this beautiful series is marred by all this BS conjecture. It's even more damaging to the sport when reputable fighters are subject to unscrupulous PED speculation.

Do you feel the same way about Manny's name being dragged through the mud by folks for the last five years concerning PED usage?

What Max Kellerman said is true and almost every analyst/writer agrees - until VADA is mandatory for every fight, everyone is going to be under the microscope of PED's. Whether that's right or wrong is not really the issue. Fighters (especially GBP) have fought tooth and nail NOT to have their fighters submitted to the VADA testing. The Nevada testing is horse ****, it's easy to beat.

More Mexican vs Philippino Boxing on deck

Jorge Arce (another PED abuser) vs Nonito this weekend.

If Nonito keeps up with the amateurish one punch knock out attempts he may get his *** whupped

Do you feel the same way about Manny's name being dragged through the mud by folks for the last five years concerning PED usage?

What Max Kellerman said is true and almost every analyst/writer agrees - until VADA is mandatory for every fight, everyone is going to be under the microscope of PED's. Whether that's right or wrong is not really the issue. Fighters (especially GBP) have fought tooth and nail NOT to have their fighters submitted to the VADA testing. The Nevada testing is horse ****, it's easy to beat.

This. If you ask me, I think 98% of the sport cheats. No one is above it. Angel knows how to pass Olympic testing with ease, boxing is a cakewalk to him.

and guess who's been on Arce's team and helped him with a Late career Power Surge?

your favorite Chemist, Memo Heredia.

and guess who's been on Arce's team and helped him with a Late career Power Surge?

your favorite Chemist, Memo Heredia.

Camelo should holla at him if he gets the fight with Floyd. Angel also works with a few boxers that he keeps as a secret, at least that's word on the street.

Saturday should be a solid fight night. We will finally have a Donaire fight where the opponent isn't afraid to let his hands go. Donaire should make easy work of Arce.

So the undercard fight with Rigondeaux and Poonsawat has been called off.

Poonsawat failed his pre-fight physical. He failed the blood tests because he tested positive for HIV.

Larry Merchant will call his last figh on saturday

why the **** is shane mosley talking about a comeback?

So the undercard fight with Rigondeaux and Poonsawat has been called off.

Poonsawat failed his pre-fight physical. He failed the blood tests because he tested positive for HIV.

:wow:

Larry Merchant will call his last figh on saturday

why the **** is shane mosley talking about a comeback?

It's time for Larry Merchant to call it quits. I like him sometimes, but I can't stand his ramblings and metaphoric language. Mosley better not come back! He hasn't been good since the Margarito fight in 2009.

I wouldn't say off the bandwagon. But he doesn't put in the work in fights as much anymore. He looks for that one knockout punch in every fight. I can't remember the last time he went to the body. Not the same Nonito we grew accustomed to watching I guess.

That's because he knows sound boxing doesn't make you a cash cow on skills alone. Casual boxing fans want knockouts so that's what he tries to provide.

That's because he knows sound boxing doesn't make you a cash cow on skills alone. Casual boxing fans want knockouts so that's what he tries to provide.

he can probably knock most guys out by wearing down their body though. hopefully Robert Garcia give shim good instructions and he follows them.

Canelo don't even deserve it hope they cash him out quick & exposed him. Trout, Vanes, Lara, Perro, Kirkland, Martinez. Canelo has not fought anybody solid yet :smh: But hey count me in I'll def fly out to see that fight lol

Canelo don't even deserve it hope they cash him out quick & exposed him. Trout, Vanes, Lara, Perro, Kirkland, Martinez. Canelo has not fought anybody solid yet :smh: But hey count me in I'll def fly out to see that fight lol

I agree that he hasn't fought anyone significant yet. Victor Ortiz was supposed to be his first real test, but you know how that turned out. Damn, I would have really liked to see that fight, too. Maybe Cotto and Ortiz can fight in a program titled "Must Win."

Well, in defense of Canelo, and it's not really his defense, JCCjr hadn't fought anyone noteworthy leading to Martinez until Andy Lee. And he was down on the cards until he scored the KO. And he almost got the KO against Maravilla. I think Canelo's got at least a (better) puncher's chance than what I expected from JCCjr.

So what do the critics say about dodging people if Mayweather takes a fight with Canelo?

The only other Junior Middleweight I'd have the slightest interest in him fighting is Trout. Lara or Vanes doesn't interest me at all, and he wouldn't fight either of them anyways. A rematch with JMM would be pointless, as would a Tim Bradley fight IMO.

Manny or Robert Guerrero would be great, but Manny is a myth and Guerrero isn't as big of a payday as Canelo will be. There are some junior welters I'd be interested in him fighting, but at what weight, I'm not sure.

Still don't think there's a boxer out there that he can't outbox, and outsmart. And if they want to get rough with him, we've yet to see his clam-like defense be penetrated.

That's rough about the dude on the undercard this weekend. |I

Also yall, don't forget about the CBS afternoon fights this Saturday!

Leo Santa Cruz is fighting Alberto Guevara at 130 PST for me. Santa Cruz looked great against Zaleta last month, and now he's fighting just 35 days later. I'm excited to watch this kid, he's exciting.

Back
Top Bottom