Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by BangDak

Dallas in 6. i got your back for once JA
pimp.gif

eek.gif

I really don't see the Mavs being hungrier than the Heat. You guys remember the backlash after starting 9-8? Imagine after they lose the championship and can't redeem themselves for 12 months? 100x worse. One of the big 3 might off himself
laugh.gif

I really don't see the Mavs being hungrier than the Heat. You guys remember the backlash after starting 9-8? Imagine after they lose the championship and can't redeem themselves for 12 months? 100x worse. One of the big 3 might off himself
laugh.gif

Alright, I'll post it here, the predictions of everyone thus far. I'll edit the first post to include it, and as predictions come in, of course.

Miami Winning (41)-
Cali Fresh: Heat in 6.
illmaticsoulchild: Heat in 6.
WhatLosinLike: Heat in 5.
henz0: Heat in 5.
LB510: Heat in 6.
Al3xis: Heat in 6.
got shoes: Heat in 6.
AirNike8: Heat in 5.
PMatic: Heat in 6.
Proshares: Heat in 6.
CoolNClutch: Heat in 5.
YoungTriz: Heat in 6.
CertifiedSW: Heat in 5.
Osh Kosh Bosh: Heat in 6.
cornzilla: Heat in 7.
toine2983: Heat in 6.
Mamba MVP: Heat in 6.
Chokeonsmoke: Heat in 6.
Rudemiester: Heat in 6.
Hongcouver604: Heat in 5.
WILLINC: Heat in 6.
LBJ23navo: Heat in 6.
PoeticJays: Heat in 5.
Supermanblue79: Heat in 6.
EvansST: Heat in 6.
Bigtomegetsgwap: Heat in 6.
CP1708: Mavericks in 4, I mean Heat in 6.
Fraij da 5 11: Heat in 6.
Fearless: Heat in 6.
Nowitness41Dirk: Heat in 6.
Kobe4MVP12: Heat in 6.
CosmicCanon: Heat in 5.
the coolness: Heat in 5.
SoHi23: Heat in 6.
Gottips3: Heat in 6.
Rocky437: Heat in 6.
show time 96: Heat in 6.
notaclevaname: Heat in 5.
ScottHallWithAPick: Heat in 6.
Kal Ripped Ken: Heat in 7.

Dallas Winning (29)-
LiCeNseD to BaLL: Mavs in 5.
manny1- Mavs in 5.
rayray3thousand: Mavs in 7.
HybridSoldier23: Mavs in 6.
MrONegative: Mavs in 6.
Addict4Sneakers: Mavs in 7.
SonOfTony: Mavs in 6.
pr0phecy718: Mavs in 6.
Trelvis Tha Thrilla: Mavs in 6.
ACBboyz84: Mavs in 6.
SCOTTY PIMPIN: Mavs in 6.
Chillainvillain: Mavs in 4.
Elpablo21: Mavs in 5.
Mez 0ne: Mavs in 6 (ATTA BOY
pimp.gif
).
SneakerPro: Mavs in 6.
DipsetGeneral: Mavs in 5.
JDiddy: Mavs in 6.
kiddwill58: Mavs in 5.
laker4lifeman: Mavs in 6.
Heshua: Mavs in 6.
JapanAir21: Mavs in 6.
Venom lyrix: Mavs in 6.
Acidcality: Mavs in 6.
kvsm23vs24: Mavs in 5.
DMan14: Mavs in 6.
Andysleon: Mavs in 5.
ATGD7154xBBxMz: Mavs in 7?
BangDak: Mavs in 6.

Alright, I'll post it here, the predictions of everyone thus far. I'll edit the first post to include it, and as predictions come in, of course.

Miami Winning (41)-
Cali Fresh: Heat in 6.
illmaticsoulchild: Heat in 6.
WhatLosinLike: Heat in 5.
henz0: Heat in 5.
LB510: Heat in 6.
Al3xis: Heat in 6.
got shoes: Heat in 6.
AirNike8: Heat in 5.
PMatic: Heat in 6.
Proshares: Heat in 6.
CoolNClutch: Heat in 5.
YoungTriz: Heat in 6.
CertifiedSW: Heat in 5.
Osh Kosh Bosh: Heat in 6.
cornzilla: Heat in 7.
toine2983: Heat in 6.
Mamba MVP: Heat in 6.
Chokeonsmoke: Heat in 6.
Rudemiester: Heat in 6.
Hongcouver604: Heat in 5.
WILLINC: Heat in 6.
LBJ23navo: Heat in 6.
PoeticJays: Heat in 5.
Supermanblue79: Heat in 6.
EvansST: Heat in 6.
Bigtomegetsgwap: Heat in 6.
CP1708: Mavericks in 4, I mean Heat in 6.
Fraij da 5 11: Heat in 6.
Fearless: Heat in 6.
Nowitness41Dirk: Heat in 6.
Kobe4MVP12: Heat in 6.
CosmicCanon: Heat in 5.
the coolness: Heat in 5.
SoHi23: Heat in 6.
Gottips3: Heat in 6.
Rocky437: Heat in 6.
show time 96: Heat in 6.
notaclevaname: Heat in 5.
ScottHallWithAPick: Heat in 6.
Kal Ripped Ken: Heat in 7.

Dallas Winning (29)-
LiCeNseD to BaLL: Mavs in 5.
manny1- Mavs in 5.
rayray3thousand: Mavs in 7.
HybridSoldier23: Mavs in 6.
MrONegative: Mavs in 6.
Addict4Sneakers: Mavs in 7.
SonOfTony: Mavs in 6.
pr0phecy718: Mavs in 6.
Trelvis Tha Thrilla: Mavs in 6.
ACBboyz84: Mavs in 6.
SCOTTY PIMPIN: Mavs in 6.
Chillainvillain: Mavs in 4.
Elpablo21: Mavs in 5.
Mez 0ne: Mavs in 6 (ATTA BOY
pimp.gif
).
DipsetGeneral: Mavs in 5.
JDiddy: Mavs in 6.
kiddwill58: Mavs in 5.
laker4lifeman: Mavs in 6.
Heshua: Mavs in 6.
JapanAir21: Mavs in 6.
Venom lyrix: Mavs in 6.
Acidcality: Mavs in 6.
kvsm23vs24: Mavs in 5.
DMan14: Mavs in 6.
Andysleon: Mavs in 5.
ATGD7154xBBxMz: Mavs in 7?
BangDak: Mavs in 6.

So, I've been really thinking about it, and who's going to guard Kidd/JET/Barea?
nerd.gif
Mike Bibby? He's a bit past that time. It's going to take a big contribution from guys like Chalmers to slow down our back-court if they got a chance. There ain't been a single guy in the Playoffs that's slowed down JJ Barea on offense.
laugh.gif

The thing that's different about this series is that there isn't anyone like Russell Westbrook or even Eric Maynor at stretches who can expose Barea at the other end. Mike Bibby? He's going to take ANYONE to that hole. Chalmers, maybe, but I think Barea will be too much of a nuisance for that to happen. I think Barea will have his $!$$ swatted quite a few times by Bron and Wade, but also many times where he'll dribble that goddamn ball for eternity and then go up for an uncontested shot. He just needs to calm down and not take too many threes. Leave that to Dirk, Kidd, Jason Terry, and Peja.

Unless they end up throwing Wade or Bron on Kidd, Kidd is going to really have a field day with Bibby on him. We've seen a ton of different players try and stop Kidd, and he's just too crafty. Even at 38. Russ, Harden, Kobe, Fisher, Miller, Roy, no one has been able to get under Kidd's skin.

Also, I really think Tyson has the ability to just catch a ton of lobs this series. It's nothing against the Heat's opponents, but what bigs have been as athletic as Tyson Chandler? Joel's done a great job, but I think Tyson's height and athleticism may be a bit too much. Spencer wasn't going to go flying through the air. Noah was what he was, but he's not the athlete that Tyson is. Tyson is due for a big series, and he's been very disappointed with some of his performances, especially after being bullied around by Nick Collison, and IMO, there's no Nick Collison's in this series. And the Heat don't want their bigs in foul trouble, because they don't got the depth that a team like the Thunder or Lakers have.

I'm not going to lie though, this team will live and die by Jason Terry. If he shows up and continues his onslaught of ~50%? Going to be hard to have the Heat balance all the scoring from Dallas.

And it's really hard on Miami if one of the big three really struggle, but Dallas can have a guy struggle and still have other viable options. Dirk had a game where he shot 33% and the Mavericks still controlled the game.

I'm not going to sit here and question the other teams defenses, because Chicago's defense was legit, and Sixers have good defenders, but when you really look at it, who was guarding Wade/Bron/Bosh?

I didn't watch the other teams, but how many of them had guys who matched up well size/athleticism wise? I'm not going to say that our defense is better than theirs, but this is all about match-ups, and maybe we are well-suited to match up with them.

Stevenson/Kidd on Wade, has anyone else had two great defenders that can front Wade?
Marion/Stevenson on Bron, this is the HUGE question mark, but it worked on KD at times, though Bron is MUCH stronger/faster.
Chandler/Dirk on Bosh.

If Caron were healthy, that'd be another guy we could throw at Bron, but I won't even mention Caron anymore. I wish here were apart of this Championship run of ours, but he ain't, and until further notice, he won't be.

As great as the Miami defense has been, there haven't been too many players like Dallas has that they've had to stop. I'm assuming Bron on Marion, which isn't that big of a deal, Marions baskets are all gimmes. Wade on who? Kidd? That's fine, the only shots Kidd should take are the wide open ones. Bosh on Dirk? We'll see how that works out. But there's still so many guys on the floor for Dallas who can put up 20+. THAT'S what I'm hopeful about.

So, I've been really thinking about it, and who's going to guard Kidd/JET/Barea?
nerd.gif
Mike Bibby? He's a bit past that time. It's going to take a big contribution from guys like Chalmers to slow down our back-court if they got a chance. There ain't been a single guy in the Playoffs that's slowed down JJ Barea on offense.
laugh.gif

The thing that's different about this series is that there isn't anyone like Russell Westbrook or even Eric Maynor at stretches who can expose Barea at the other end. Mike Bibby? He's going to take ANYONE to that hole. Chalmers, maybe, but I think Barea will be too much of a nuisance for that to happen. I think Barea will have his $!$$ swatted quite a few times by Bron and Wade, but also many times where he'll dribble that goddamn ball for eternity and then go up for an uncontested shot. He just needs to calm down and not take too many threes. Leave that to Dirk, Kidd, Jason Terry, and Peja.

Unless they end up throwing Wade or Bron on Kidd, Kidd is going to really have a field day with Bibby on him. We've seen a ton of different players try and stop Kidd, and he's just too crafty. Even at 38. Russ, Harden, Kobe, Fisher, Miller, Roy, no one has been able to get under Kidd's skin.

Also, I really think Tyson has the ability to just catch a ton of lobs this series. It's nothing against the Heat's opponents, but what bigs have been as athletic as Tyson Chandler? Joel's done a great job, but I think Tyson's height and athleticism may be a bit too much. Spencer wasn't going to go flying through the air. Noah was what he was, but he's not the athlete that Tyson is. Tyson is due for a big series, and he's been very disappointed with some of his performances, especially after being bullied around by Nick Collison, and IMO, there's no Nick Collison's in this series. And the Heat don't want their bigs in foul trouble, because they don't got the depth that a team like the Thunder or Lakers have.

I'm not going to lie though, this team will live and die by Jason Terry. If he shows up and continues his onslaught of ~50%? Going to be hard to have the Heat balance all the scoring from Dallas.

And it's really hard on Miami if one of the big three really struggle, but Dallas can have a guy struggle and still have other viable options. Dirk had a game where he shot 33% and the Mavericks still controlled the game.

I'm not going to sit here and question the other teams defenses, because Chicago's defense was legit, and Sixers have good defenders, but when you really look at it, who was guarding Wade/Bron/Bosh?

I didn't watch the other teams, but how many of them had guys who matched up well size/athleticism wise? I'm not going to say that our defense is better than theirs, but this is all about match-ups, and maybe we are well-suited to match up with them.

Stevenson/Kidd on Wade, has anyone else had two great defenders that can front Wade?
Marion/Stevenson on Bron, this is the HUGE question mark, but it worked on KD at times, though Bron is MUCH stronger/faster.
Chandler/Dirk on Bosh.

If Caron were healthy, that'd be another guy we could throw at Bron, but I won't even mention Caron anymore. I wish here were apart of this Championship run of ours, but he ain't, and until further notice, he won't be.

As great as the Miami defense has been, there haven't been too many players like Dallas has that they've had to stop. I'm assuming Bron on Marion, which isn't that big of a deal, Marions baskets are all gimmes. Wade on who? Kidd? That's fine, the only shots Kidd should take are the wide open ones. Bosh on Dirk? We'll see how that works out. But there's still so many guys on the floor for Dallas who can put up 20+. THAT'S what I'm hopeful about.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Chandler/Dirk on Bosh.

You weren't kidding when you said that you put a lot of thought into this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Chandler/Dirk on Bosh.

You weren't kidding when you said that you put a lot of thought into this.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom