OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

dont usually come in here but
pimp.gif

This is great news! Good Riddance to the McCourts, and how ironic of a name.

I don't care who'll takeover after this. I won't mind Mark Cuban or a company like Fox just as long as they have the capital to spend on good players...and KNOWS baseball.

This is great news! Good Riddance to the McCourts, and how ironic of a name.

I don't care who'll takeover after this. I won't mind Mark Cuban or a company like Fox just as long as they have the capital to spend on good players...and KNOWS baseball.

[h1]Statement from Jamie McCourt on MLB taking control of the Dodgers[/h1]
Jamie McCourt, ex-wife of Frank McCourt, released a statement Wednesday afternoon responding to the earlier news that MLB is taking control of day-to-day operations of the Dodgers:

“As the 50% owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, I welcome and support the Commissioner’s actions to provide the necessary transparency, guidance and direction for the franchise and for Dodgers fans everywhere.

[h1]Statement from Jamie McCourt on MLB taking control of the Dodgers[/h1]
Jamie McCourt, ex-wife of Frank McCourt, released a statement Wednesday afternoon responding to the earlier news that MLB is taking control of day-to-day operations of the Dodgers:

“As the 50% owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, I welcome and support the Commissioner’s actions to provide the necessary transparency, guidance and direction for the franchise and for Dodgers fans everywhere.

laugh.gif
at Jamie's response

wish i could go to the game tonight. this good news is almost enough to make me forget how terrible this team is right now.

laugh.gif
at Jamie's response

wish i could go to the game tonight. this good news is almost enough to make me forget how terrible this team is right now.

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

sick.gif
indifferent.gif

I hope that was a joke...
been down that road remember?

-J-

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

sick.gif
indifferent.gif

I hope that was a joke...
been down that road remember?

-J-

Fox didn't care about the Dodgers, all they cared about was revenue, and having a television deal. They ran this franchise to the basement.

Having a guy like Mark Cuban is a major upgrade. Unlike the NBA, spending lots of money for top free agents actually works in baseball.

Fox didn't care about the Dodgers, all they cared about was revenue, and having a television deal. They ran this franchise to the basement.

Having a guy like Mark Cuban is a major upgrade. Unlike the NBA, spending lots of money for top free agents actually works in baseball.

So then what happens if/when they sell them? How much do they have to pay the Mc Courts? And can the Mc Courts fight Bud's ruling in court, or is pretty much a done deal?

So then what happens if/when they sell them? How much do they have to pay the Mc Courts? And can the Mc Courts fight Bud's ruling in court, or is pretty much a done deal?

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

That's the same thing I've been pondering over. 
I don't think McCourt can take the MLB to court, they are within their rights to take over financial responsibilities, and I don't think the board of owners will back McCourt. 

Back
Top Bottom