OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

So then what happens if/when they sell them? How much do they have to pay the Mc Courts? And can the Mc Courts fight Bud's ruling in court, or is pretty much a done deal?

That's the same thing I've been pondering over. 
I don't think McCourt can take the MLB to court, they are within their rights to take over financial responsibilities, and I don't think the board of owners will back McCourt. 

seinfeld.gif.ban

Jamie McCourt released the following statement Wednesday afternoon:

"As the 50% owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, I welcome and support the Commissioner's actions to provide the necessary transparency, guidance and direction for the franchise and for Dodgers fans everywhere."
hunjf8.jpg

seinfeld.gif.ban

Jamie McCourt released the following statement Wednesday afternoon:

"As the 50% owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, I welcome and support the Commissioner's actions to provide the necessary transparency, guidance and direction for the franchise and for Dodgers fans everywhere."
hunjf8.jpg

[h1]Supervisor Antonovich wants O'Malley to run Dodgers during MLB during investigation[/h1]
Supervisor Mike Antonovich, who has been increasingly vocal about the Dodgers since Giants fanBryan Stow was severely beaten on opening day, isn’t stopping now.

Antonovich released a statement Wednesday heralding the news that Major League Baseball has taken control of the Dodgers from Frank McCourt and has a suggestion for Commission Bud Selig’s representative to temporarily oversee the Dodgers:

Peter O’Malley.

"I commend baseball Commissioner Bud Selig’s wrestling control of the Dodgers and bringing integrity back to the game. It is my hope that the commissioner appoints a representative from the O’Malley family to oversee the team’s business affairs during the investigation -– a return of the O’Malley family to the Dodgers would be a home run for fans and the Dodgers."

O’Malley told The Times’ Bill Shaikin last September that McCourt had lost credibility throughout the city and should sell the team. O’Malley said then that he would be willing to run the team during a transitional period until new owners were found.

O’Malley said then he would not be interested in owning the Dodgers again.

Reached by The Times Wednesday, O’Malley declined to comment.

When he owned the Dodgers O’Malley was not always on the best of terms with Selig, but their relationship is thought to be strong now.

-- Steve Dilbeck

[h1]Supervisor Antonovich wants O'Malley to run Dodgers during MLB during investigation[/h1]
Supervisor Mike Antonovich, who has been increasingly vocal about the Dodgers since Giants fanBryan Stow was severely beaten on opening day, isn’t stopping now.

Antonovich released a statement Wednesday heralding the news that Major League Baseball has taken control of the Dodgers from Frank McCourt and has a suggestion for Commission Bud Selig’s representative to temporarily oversee the Dodgers:

Peter O’Malley.

"I commend baseball Commissioner Bud Selig’s wrestling control of the Dodgers and bringing integrity back to the game. It is my hope that the commissioner appoints a representative from the O’Malley family to oversee the team’s business affairs during the investigation -– a return of the O’Malley family to the Dodgers would be a home run for fans and the Dodgers."

O’Malley told The Times’ Bill Shaikin last September that McCourt had lost credibility throughout the city and should sell the team. O’Malley said then that he would be willing to run the team during a transitional period until new owners were found.

O’Malley said then he would not be interested in owning the Dodgers again.

Reached by The Times Wednesday, O’Malley declined to comment.

When he owned the Dodgers O’Malley was not always on the best of terms with Selig, but their relationship is thought to be strong now.

-- Steve Dilbeck

so MLB will now have to buy the dodgers from this bum and then MLB later on down the line will sell the team to someone?

or will they just be the middle man and make him sale the team to someone?

so MLB will now have to buy the dodgers from this bum and then MLB later on down the line will sell the team to someone?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

MLB is just taking over day to day operations.  Overlooking finances and the operation of the team and the facilities.

Frank McCourt still "owns" the team, but he is no longer making decisions.  I'm sure the Soboroff hiring (WTH?) and the IRS investigation finally pushed Bud to make the move.  The Commish office has been rubbed the wrong way by the McCourts, they have been letting a lot of baseball/sports industry folks go and he's been hiring a bunch of folks with deep real estate backgrounds but with no clue about how to run a sports team/facility.

I think McCourt is done, a bankruptcy filing is around the corner.  Once that happens, formality, the team will officially be up for sale and ownership groups will begin the bidding.  MLB will be running the team until the team is sold.  Once the sale goes through, the purchase price will probably pay off all the debts the McCourts incurred, along with whatever pitance Jamie and Frank are left with (The team was heavily leveraged, and they were banking on this tv deal).

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

MLB is just taking over day to day operations.  Overlooking finances and the operation of the team and the facilities.

Frank McCourt still "owns" the team, but he is no longer making decisions.  I'm sure the Soboroff hiring (WTH?) and the IRS investigation finally pushed Bud to make the move.  The Commish office has been rubbed the wrong way by the McCourts, they have been letting a lot of baseball/sports industry folks go and he's been hiring a bunch of folks with deep real estate backgrounds but with no clue about how to run a sports team/facility.

I think McCourt is done, a bankruptcy filing is around the corner.  Once that happens, formality, the team will officially be up for sale and ownership groups will begin the bidding.  MLB will be running the team until the team is sold.  Once the sale goes through, the purchase price will probably pay off all the debts the McCourts incurred, along with whatever pitance Jamie and Frank are left with (The team was heavily leveraged, and they were banking on this tv deal).

Pujols is out of his *!+$*% mind if he thinks hes worth 10 years 300 mil.

The red sox and Yankees dont seem to be in consideration for pujols, but that drops his demand and price

Pujols is out of his *!+$*% mind if he thinks hes worth 10 years 300 mil.

The red sox and Yankees dont seem to be in consideration for pujols, but that drops his demand and price

Back
Top Bottom