OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

This should just keep getting better and better. https://twitter.com/search/@drewmccourt

What's so hilarious to me is, how the McCourt's are playing the "victims" through all of this.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

This should just keep getting better and better. https://twitter.com/search/@drewmccourt

What's so hilarious to me is, how the McCourt's are playing the "victims" through all of this.  
laugh.gif

I'm not a Dodger fan but I've been following closely and I've been shocked at some of the things he has been saying
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I told my pops earlier that this reminds me of those Jack Links Beef Jerky commercials. Sasquatch (or in this case, the best interests of baseball clause) doesn't mess around.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

I'm not a Dodger fan but I've been following closely and I've been shocked at some of the things he has been saying
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I told my pops earlier that this reminds me of those Jack Links Beef Jerky commercials. Sasquatch (or in this case, the best interests of baseball clause) doesn't mess around.

look, i hate this guy more than anyone else here but all this $%%# is unnecessary. he took money from his team? looted his team? who cares, its his $$+!%*@ team and no one had a problem with it over the past 7 years. how many other owners out there do that? probably most of them. its funny how now everyone wants to rail the guy because of his personality. Selig is going to find some nonsense way to take the team. I guess Frank being broke is now a problem when it never was before. Those Fox tv rights really scared the $%%# out of mlb huh?
laugh.gif

anyway, as much as i dislike Frank, i have no idea who they will sell the team to and im not as optimistic about it as everyone else. the grass is always greener. blah blah.

look, i hate this guy more than anyone else here but all this $%%# is unnecessary. he took money from his team? looted his team? who cares, its his $$+!%*@ team and no one had a problem with it over the past 7 years. how many other owners out there do that? probably most of them. its funny how now everyone wants to rail the guy because of his personality. Selig is going to find some nonsense way to take the team. I guess Frank being broke is now a problem when it never was before. Those Fox tv rights really scared the $%%# out of mlb huh?
laugh.gif

anyway, as much as i dislike Frank, i have no idea who they will sell the team to and im not as optimistic about it as everyone else. the grass is always greener. blah blah.

I just hope Bud has a plan for all of this.

my only worry is his choice of future ownership. as for this mess right now, im sure Selig has it all planned out. im guessing the odds are heavily in his favor here.

I just hope Bud has a plan for all of this.

my only worry is his choice of future ownership. as for this mess right now, im sure Selig has it all planned out. im guessing the odds are heavily in his favor here.

Yeah, that blog post for 6-4-2 points out what might be Bud's plan.

As far as his choice, I think it bodes well that he clearly knows he screwed up by giving us such a cash-poor owner. Also, it bodes well for us that he's leaving in 2012, so he will want to have this owner be good so it can go on his legacy as a situation he fixed.

That said, the TV rights and parking lots make the Dodgers pretty valuable, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them simply take the highest bidder not named Mark Cuban.

Yeah, that blog post for 6-4-2 points out what might be Bud's plan.

As far as his choice, I think it bodes well that he clearly knows he screwed up by giving us such a cash-poor owner. Also, it bodes well for us that he's leaving in 2012, so he will want to have this owner be good so it can go on his legacy as a situation he fixed.

That said, the TV rights and parking lots make the Dodgers pretty valuable, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them simply take the highest bidder not named Mark Cuban.

im hopin its garvey or cuban but it proly wont be i havent been in the loop for a while (so much school) so all of this info is appreciated btw did padilla get the save yesterday (late pass)

im hopin its garvey or cuban but it proly wont be i havent been in the loop for a while (so much school) so all of this info is appreciated btw did padilla get the save yesterday (late pass)

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif

That's not the way it works, bro.  Yes, it is his team, but ultimately the league has final say in every matter.  MLB could move in based on the best interest of individual franchises and the image of the league itself.

Can you loot your team, and run it on a bare-bones budget? Yes.  However, when it's detrimental to the operation and the on field product then MLB has every right to step in.  It was all good when people were packing the stadium regardless, but as you can see now, attendance has taken a major dip.  It's sad to see.  The Stadium is being patched up as opposed to being renovated.

It's Frank's team, but it's MLB's league (Bud).

Anyone they sell the team to will be better than the McCourts just because they are going to be more thourough in selecting this new owner (If it happens).  MLB knows they need the Dodgers to be successful.  As much as they enjoy the rise of the Red Sox-Yankee rivalry in the past decade, they want a presence in the nations second largest market.  If it's one thing that MLB envies about the NBA, it's that the Lakers have made so much money for the NBA and it's media partners.

Frank being broke has always been a problem, but he has always been that dude coming up with money when the repo man came around to take his car.  Guess what?  The repo man is back, and this time Frank has no cash.

Those Fox tv rights really scared the $%%# out of mlb huh?
laugh.gif

It's a fair deal, with one exception.  He will be advanced money in order to pay off Jamie and other debts.  MLB isn't having that. 

laugh.gif

That's not the way it works, bro.  Yes, it is his team, but ultimately the league has final say in every matter.  MLB could move in based on the best interest of individual franchises and the image of the league itself.

Can you loot your team, and run it on a bare-bones budget? Yes.  However, when it's detrimental to the operation and the on field product then MLB has every right to step in.  It was all good when people were packing the stadium regardless, but as you can see now, attendance has taken a major dip.  It's sad to see.  The Stadium is being patched up as opposed to being renovated.

Anyone they sell the team to will be better than the McCourts just because they are going to be more thourough in selecting this new owner (If it happens).  MLB knows they need the Dodgers to be successful.  As much as they enjoy the rise of the Red Sox-Yankee rivalry in the past decade, they want a presence in the nations second largest market.  If it's one thing that MLB envies about the NBA, it's that the Lakers have made so much money for the NBA and it's media partners.

Frank being broke has always been a problem, but he has always been that dude coming up with money when the repo man came around to take his car.  Guess what?  The repo man is back, and this time Frank has no cash.

laugh.gif

It's a fair deal, with one exception.  He will be advanced money in order to pay off Jamie and other debts.  MLB isn't having that. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

happens to other teams, no one gives a %+!$. dodgers havent been relevant in 20+ years, the league is just fine without this team doing well. hes been blatantly "looting" this team for years. like i said, no one cared until Selig got his feelings hurt.
laugh.gif

and hes always been coming up with money from the team. nothing has changed now, he was about to do it again. getting advanced 10% is hardly a travesty.

i disagree with you saying that MLB needs LA to be successful because its a big market. if it was that important, they would have never let this dude buy the team in the first place.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

happens to other teams, no one gives a %+!$. dodgers havent been relevant in 20+ years, the league is just fine without this team doing well. hes been blatantly "looting" this team for years. like i said, no one cared until Selig got his feelings hurt.
laugh.gif

and hes always been coming up with money from the team. nothing has changed now, he was about to do it again. getting advanced 10% is hardly a travesty.

i disagree with you saying that MLB needs LA to be successful because its a big market. if it was that important, they would have never let this dude buy the team in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom