Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]R. López Ari
6460.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-0[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.76[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.81[/td] [/tr][tr][td]69[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]31[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0.94[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.38[/td][/tr][/table]

For those of you who are down on Freddy Sanchez, Tim Alderson has a 6.08 ERA through eight starts in Double A Altoona. Reports are saying his velocity is only in the mid-80s. Like I said when the trade happened, Alderson will not be anything other than a back of the rotation starter.

Aaaaaaaaaaand Sanchez hasn't done %$#% but is paid a lot of money.

I'm not saying anything.

I'm just saying.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

For those of you who are down on Freddy Sanchez, Tim Alderson has a 6.08 ERA through eight starts in Double A Altoona. Reports are saying his velocity is only in the mid-80s. Like I said when the trade happened, Alderson will not be anything other than a back of the rotation starter.
The problem some had, including myself, with the sanchez-alderson trade was not about the type of player alderson was going to be/was projected, but the value he had at the trading deadline. He was the #2 pitching prospect of the giants, and had more trade value than a aging player, on a bad team, and injured with many question marks surrounding him.
Yeah, Alderson might be a bust like a lot of highly touted prospects, but at that point in time, a savvy GM would have gotten more return for his investment.

And DLAND...I feel you...this would be so much easier to stomach if our team had no bright spots, but when you got timmy leading the way to one of the best pitching staffs the giants have EVER had (minus wellmayer), it hurts seeing this franchise piss away talent like that.
And guess what? Really, not the media, not the owners, and definitely not the fans who pack the stadium every game see anything gravely wrong with the team. They equate being a fan with following blindly. I sometimes wish our fans were more like Philly fans, for example. At least they have a backbone when it comes to voicing their displeasure.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Giants record with Fred Lewis - 7-2
Giants record after trading Fred Lewis - 15-15

The numbers don't lie.
Fred Lewis didn't have an impact the Giants hot start.
laugh.gif
He was on the DL. F Dot was never going to get a chance again with the Giants anyway. He needed a change of scenery after how this organization yanked him around. Good to see him doing well in Canada though.

i guess you CAN teach old dogs new tricks, bochy has said he's old fashion and doesnt believe in that 9th slot.

so much for that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

When the Giants come to Arizona, I think of this.

24odp4p.jpg
I think of this...

Manager Dusty Baker's lineup attacked like sharks yesterday, scoring eight runs in the first inning without recording an out, one shy of a major-league record set 52 years ago. Bill Mueller hit a two-run homer near the start of the first inning off shell-shocked starter Armando Reynoso, and Bobby Estalella hit a two- run homer toward the end against reliever Brian Anderson.
http://articles.sfgate.com/2000-04-24/sports/17643340_1_jeff-kent-rich-aurilia-homer-sweep

Back
Top Bottom