Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

no more padres until aug
pimp.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Wellemeyer SF
7136.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]I. Kennedy Ari
8099.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.25[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.58[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]40[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.42[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.15[/td][/tr][/table]

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Sanchez to be activated Wednesday[/h3]By Chris Haft / MLB.com
05/19/10 3:52 AM ET
SAN DIEGO -- Manager Bruce Bochy officially announced that Freddy Sanchez will be activated from the 15-day disabled list before Wednesday's series opener against the Arizona Diamondbacks, though the second baseman isn't assured of starting.
"I'll talk to him and see where he's at, how he's doing," Bochy said of Sanchez, who has recovered from left shoulder surgery. Sanchez played seven games on an injury rehabilitation stint with high-Class A San Jose and Triple-A Fresno, batting .450 (9-for-20) with both teams.
Bochy said after the Giants' 7-6, 12-inning victory over San Diego that the club would wait until Wednesday to announce a corresponding move to Sanchez's activation. Two players who seemed vulnerable to being sent back to Fresno, infielder Ryan Rohlinger and infielder-outfielder Eugenio Velez, both contributed to the defeat of the Padres. Rohlinger delivered a two-out, pinch-hit single that prolonged the 12th inning, when the Giants scored three times to snap a 4-4 tie. Velez singled to drive in the inning's final run.

[h3]Sanchez's return could shuffle Giants lineup[/h3]
SAN DIEGO -- Second baseman Freddy Sanchez's return to the lineup, which could happen as early as Wednesday, will give Giants manager Bruce Bochy multiple options for filling out the batting order.

Bochy gave only one indication regarding what he'll do when Sanchez, who has recovered from an injured left shoulder, leaves the 15-day disabled list: Aaron Rowand is likely to stay in the leadoff spot, at least for the near future.

Other than that, Bochy said Tuesday, "You'll know soon enough."

Possibilities include installing Sanchez into the No. 2 position, batting him third while leaving Rowand and Andres Torres in the top two spots or elevating Torres to leadoff, batting Sanchez second and finding a new niche for Rowand.

As a speedy switch-hitter, Torres fits the leadoff prototype more closely than Rowand. But Bochy reminded that before Torres launched his push for playing time, Rowand was better suited for leadoff than anyone in the Opening Day lineup.

"Sure, we've thought about tweaking the lineup," Bochy said. "This team has a lot of moveable parts. ... That's why we're having some lengthy discussions about our club."
[h3]DeRosa could need rehab outing[/h3]
SAN DIEGO -- Giants manager Bruce Bochy indicated Tuesday that outfielder-infielder Mark DeRosa will need an injury rehabilitation assignment in the Minor Leagues before he rejoins the lineup.

"I'd say that he's looking at a few at-bats in rehab," Bochy said of DeRosa, who's hoping that his ailing left wrist will heal enough to enable him to play. DeRosa went on the 15-day disabled list Monday, retroactive to May 9. He's eligible to leave the DL next Monday, a scheduled off-day, so his earliest possible return date is May 25, when the Giants open a three-game series against Washington.

Unlike second baseman Freddy Sanchez, who's expected to play every day when he's activated from the DL, DeRosa might not be a full-fledged regular once he's back. In 26 games, DeRosa hit .194 with one home run and 10 RBIs.

"Right now, we'd monitor him a bit more this time around," Bochy said.

Originally Posted by LB510

Now its time to beat up the D backs
pimp.gif
I'm either going to the game tonight or tomorrow, most likely tomorrow considering Timmy is pitching...anyone trying to go?
nerd.gif

Even with Wellemeyer I was not expecting that kind of game.  At least it didn't require any stress.

Happy Timmy Day tomorrow!

Whats the most disgusting about our situation is the fact that this was the EXACT same crap we were dealing with last season, only this year we had promises that the lineup would be improved. It absolutely sickens me how awful our lineup is. When we went down 5-1 in the earlier part of the game today, I turned the channel to the NBA playoff game, knowing we had ZERO chance of coming back. I wonder whats gonna happen next year. Sabean will say we will have an improved lineup after he signs a few 35+ players who were good/decent 4+ years ago and we will yet again waste our once in a generation type pitching staff.

I made this statement earlier in this thread and in another. There isnt a single lineup in baseball I wouldnt rather have than the Giants. There may be 1 or 2 tossup teams, but for the most part, I stand by that statement.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I think it's the end of the world every time I read dland's posts.
laugh.gif

I know, I know.  I feel like I am becoming a grumpy old man when it comes to Giants baseball.  I love baseball more than any sport and it just kills me to see how poorly our team is being run.  I am trying so hard to see the positives with this team, but recently I just cant, and NT is one of the few places I can vent. 
The worst thing of all is that a couple years from now, your boy that your NT SN is named after, will be long gone.  I try to watch every single pitch he throws as a Giant, so I can appreciate the time we have left with the best pitcher in baseball.

Back
Top Bottom