Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

somebody needs to tell romo this is baseball, not t ball...this is getting out of hand now
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Romo stays giving up crucial HRs.
tired.gif

Its time to talk about who else needs to get the ball in these situations. I'm done with Romo in the 9th or later  
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

tired.gif

Its time to talk about who else needs to get the ball in these situations. I'm done with Romo in the 9th or later  
mad.gif
i say until Romo gets his breaking ball together replace him with Mota.

Mota has been lights out so far.

Originally Posted by chris82790

Originally Posted by LB510

tired.gif

mad.gif
i say until Romo gets his breaking ball together replace him with Mota.

Mota has been lights out so far.

Mota has done well but at 36 or 37 I see him as more of a situational guy. The problem is the go to guy not named Wilson is Affeldt and hes a Lefty. I have no problem with Bochy not putting in Wilson but if we don't find a go-to righty soon he may have no choice. Maybe Medders needs to give it go. I can no longer watch Romo go out there and give up HR's  

Sergio "walk off" Romo

patrickcakes wrote:

SERGIO HOWRY

How are you going to disrespect Howry like that.

Yes Sanchez gave up the homers but other than that he went 7 and kept us in the game. It was clear from the begining he didn't have is best stuff judging by the lack of strike outs and swing throughs early. Gotta give them so credit last year falling behind 3 or 4 runs and the game was over. Not so much with the 2010 Giants. But of course none of this matters when Romo comes in.

Tough loss, as a Mets fan (childhood) I'm always indifferent to these series.
The plus - Giants never gave up and fought back.

The negative - like Paul said, tough way to lose.
The negative x 2 - facing Santana after a loss like that.

I don't give a #*!* what anyone else says - especially the clown that keeps calling for Mota to get the ball.

The bullpen is a glaring weakness.

I agree with Whatup. Our bullpen isnt as good as most people think it is. I still have more of a problem with our offense than our bullpen though.

Originally Posted by What up

I don't give a #*!* what anyone else says - especially the clown that keeps calling for Mota to get the ball.

The bullpen is a glaring weakness.

well who would you want right now?! the ones who havent performed are Romo, Affeldt, Medders. Mota has been the most consistent so far until today's home run! Look at the numbers! 

im just saying until Affeldt, Medders, and Romo get their act together Mota should be the one to turn to.

^ Yeah. I hated the Mota signing, but he was throwing okay before this. I expected him to pitch like how the others in the bullpen are pitching right now. Affeldt has been struggling some while Romo and Medders have been struggling a lot. Romo just played yesterday and gave up the HR.

I don't have any facts to back this up, but I'm still willing to say Mota's numbers are impressive because he hasn't been in high-stress situations.

It's something I'll keep an eye on now and expect me to run in here to rub it in your face when Mota $#%!# up again.

And this is exactly why we needed to bring in more bats in the offseason. You should never EXPECT great pitching to duplicate itself year after year. Call me a skeptic or negative or whatever....but I really think we have been over achieving so far this year, and unless we get some bats, this hot start will be all for naught.

On a side-semi related note, how long are we going to let DeRosa be our everyday starter the way he is playing? I have a feeling he is going to be regarded as this years version of Renteria (only in the lineup because he was our "big" free agent signing).

Originally Posted by dland24

I agree with Whatup. Our bullpen isnt as good as most people think it is.

First off not to make excuses but its kinda hard for are bullpen not to be some sorta weakness when we have as good of starting pitching as we do.
Second is there really any big difference between this bullpen and last years? I dont see any.

by no means am i saying Mota should be the permanent set up man, that role should be shared with Affeldt and Romo depending on the matchup. But its not like Mota has not been a setup man before in his career, back with his days as a Dodger he was a setup man or at least one of the go to guys in late relief so Im pretty sure he has been in tough situations in his career, its not like he is a rookie being thrown into the fire he is a veteran. With the bullpen we have right now he is the only option I could put some faith in with Affeldt and Romo not pitching up to par at this point. Runzler is to young to be a set up man and I would not put Medders in that role period so that leaves Mota temporarily to fill this position imo.

Back
Top Bottom