Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by chris82790

The effort by this offense tonight is just pathetic.

Looks like Bumgarner won't get his first home win.
Thats crazy he hasn't gotten it yet.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

With what seemed to be a good luck charm, the orange jerseys have lost their zest.
That's because we weren't there. It seemed like in the beginning of the season, we would go to every Orange Friday game and we'd win.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

With what seemed to be a good luck charm, the orange jerseys have lost their zest.
That's because we weren't there. It seemed like in the beginning of the season, we would go to every Orange Friday game and we'd win.
laugh.gif
xx76h.gif
xx76h.gif
xx76h.gif

One of them was a Friday game w/Todd Wellemyer going into the 8th inning w/ 5 hits 2 earned runs 2 walks and 4 ks. We saw the best Wellemyer had to offer. 
laugh.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]Y. Gallardo Mil
7926.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]12-7[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]14-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.64[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.60[/td] [/tr][tr][td]181[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]208[/td] [/tr][tr][td]70[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.35[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.30[/td][/tr][/table]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Giants beat: Lincecum to work out his way[/h1]Do not expect any kind of Camp Timmy this winter. Tim Lincecum plans to go home to Seattle to prepare his body for 2011. He sounds dedicated to becoming a stronger pitcher - in his own way.
Asked if he plans any new workout regimens, Lincecum said, "It's more sticking with what I know I need to do and not having people tell me what to do. I want to get back to knowing my body, what works for me. Obviously, I'm going to get some help, but I don't want to be baby-sat."

Amid his 0-5 August and a drop in velocity, all sorts of people were screaming in Lincecum's ear about the need to get stronger. Phillies pitcher Roy Oswalt told The Chronicle that Lincecum's drop in velocity can be reversed if he strengthens his legs and core.

Lincecum said he was not aware of Oswalt's comments, but he also said he knows what he needs to do and has suggested that a change in work habits has aided his September turnaround. He takes the mound tonight with a 3-0 record and 2.08 ERA in three starts this month.

"It's just sticking to it, not taking breaks," Lincecum said. "On days when you don't feel like doing anything, you just push through it."

Perhaps Lincecum has discovered what Matt Cain learned the hard way a few years back. As Cain struggled early in his career, he had to be pushed to get into the best shape possible. Now, his work habits are as solid as his innings count, which just reached 200 for the fourth consecutive year.

Briefly: Despite his average plunging to .226, Aaron Rowand will continue to get starts in center field along with Cody Ross. "I don't want to sit Cody too long or Row," manager Bruce Bochy said. ... Asked if Pablo Sandoval will return to the lineup against right-hander Yovani Gallardo tonight, and if Edgar Renteria would remain at leadoff, Bochy said, "We'll see." ... Mark DeRosa (wrist surgery) had a bat in his hands Friday but said he will not swing it until he feels absolutely ready.

Sandoval
mad.gif
mad.gif
your throw prevented Posey from turning two and looked what happened.

Bochy should just sit his !@! on the bench because he is not providing anything to this team

Ugh, just got back from the game. My record is now 10-3.
sick.gif

Was it just me or are our hitters trying to swing for the home run every at bat? I was noticing that no one was getting on base via single, walk, whatever from the 5th inning on (when we were down by one run and trying to tie the game). We need a better approach.
30t6p3b.gif

Now I'm going to work tonight all tired and pissed.
ay7bix.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

0-3 at home games this year. I'm done for the year. Now we should win now

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And thank you and your fellow nation members for not buying enough tickets for tomorrow's game.  Now the rest of us dont have to watch your team and can see a better game.  
wink.gif

Yup, I'm here at work and tired. I had two cups of coffee and I want to go to sleep.
laugh.gif

But really though, the Rockies are facing Kershaw and the Padres are facing Wainwright. We need to get this game to salvage the series.

Oh and about 3 rows of people from section 131 pissed the hell out of me last night. They would stand up every five minutes to go buy beers and then pass it around. They were standing up to turn around to yell at people they wanted beers, too. They were standing up and just talking casually to the person next to them. Our section (132) kept yelling "sit down" and some dude was throwing sunflower seeds at them during the 8th inning. They were either too drunk to hear or they were just complete jerks and had no common courtesy for the people around them. I'm thinking it was the latter. The ushers kept telling them that they needed to sit down because they were blocking everyone's view and they still kept on doing the same @%%%.

So on top of us losing, we had to deal with inconsiderate idiots the entire game.

That was my little rant for the day, #@#+ those idiots.

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Narveson Mil
7508.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]11-7[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.05[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.02[/td] [/tr][tr][td]122[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]139[/td] [/tr][tr][td]51[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]76[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.40[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.33[/td][/tr][/table]
CF Ross
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
RF Guillen
SS Uribe
3B Sandoval
P Zito

Lincecum Shows Frustration In Premature Exit From Start

Bruce Bochy removed Tim Lincecum after five innings and a season-low 72 pitches. San Francisco trailed 2-0 when Lincecum left, which led the Brewers to assume he was injured.

"He's their ace, he's their guy," Milwaukee's Ryan Braun said. "He's been the best pitcher in the National League the last two years. I thought he was hurt. I didn't know what happened. I was surprised he came out."

Lincecum was visibly upset in the dugout when Nate Schierholtz was called upon to pinch hit in his place in the fifth. Mike Fontenot followed Schierholtz with an RBI groundout that inning.

Lincecum acknowledged he let his frustration show for everybody to see.

"I don't think any pitcher in here wants to go five and dive. At the same time, I understand it," he said. "I was a little more heated than I usually get. The emotions got the best of me in that situation."

A lot of similarities in this series with the Dodger series.

Game 1, pitching shut out the Giants.
Game 2, score was 2-1, but on the wrong end of this one.
Game 3, blowout.

Back
Top Bottom