Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

ay7bix.gif
!!!

Mat Latos was scratched from Monday's start against the Dodgers due to illness.

Could it get much worse for the Padres? Latos has allowed two runs or less in each of his last 14 starts, so he represented an excellent chance for the Padres to snap their 10-game losing streak. Now they'll have to rely on Tim Stauffer for a spot start.

Paul, I didn't think you'd stoop to such low's.  It would have been cool.  I was right, ESPN was right, while you and Yahoo were wrong.  But did you really need to poison the kid?

Good work, though.

25 straight scoreless innings in a row consecutively..... hopefully timmy helps us make it 34 tomorrow... our pitching put us in a position to make a playoff run this year, now they have take us all the way thru, good start for september for the staff, 2 shutouts.

Two children were taken to the hospital after being struck by a bat and a ball at Monday's game against the Giants.

A 13-year-old boy seated near Arizona's dugout just beyond the start of the protective netting was hit on the right side of the head in the fourth inning after San Francisco's Buster Posey lost his bat swinging at a pitch.

In the next at-bat, the Giants' Pablo Sandoval sent a foul ball into the upper deck, where it struck a 2-year-old girl on the forehead.

Nice going, fellas.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Two children were taken to the hospital after being struck by a bat and a ball at Monday's game against the Giants.

A 13-year-old boy seated near Arizona's dugout just beyond the start of the protective netting was hit on the right side of the head in the fourth inning after San Francisco's Buster Posey lost his bat swinging at a pitch.

In the next at-bat, the Giants' Pablo Sandoval sent a foul ball into the upper deck, where it struck a 2-year-old girl on the forehead.
Nice going, fellas.
tired.gif

Kid/parents should have been paying attention.  Not the 2 year old.

If you're sitting in a place where objects are known to go, you have to be aware. Regardless, hope they ok.

Originally Posted by What up

Nice going, fellas.
tired.gif

e20ccad225c0d03718838120f0011040-getty-95693602cp005_san_francisco.jpg

how can you not see that coming?

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Enright Ari
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]12-9[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]6-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.68[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]188[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]41[/td] [/tr][tr][td]69[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]22[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.33[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.19[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres CF
Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Posey C
Burrell LF
Guillen RF
Uribe 3B
Renteria SS
Lincecum P

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Reinforcements on the way for Giants[/h3]PHOENIX -- The Giants announced that they had promoted second baseman Emmanuel Burriss and utility man Eugenio Velez -- in what were likely the club's final callups -- following Monday's 2-0, extra-winning win over the D-backs.
Both Burriss and Velez, whose Triple-A Fresno season ended Monday evening, will be in uniform and available to play in San Francisco's evening game in Arizona on Tuesday. The position-player pair will be joined by their Minor League manager, Steve Decker, who will help out as an ancillary coach.

Burriss, who played in three games for the Giants between Aug. 9 and 13, batted .280 and stole 11 bases in 66 games at Fresno this season. He gives San Francisco another option on defense and on the basepaths in late innings.

Velez batted .302 in 82 games for Fresno but struggled in his previous stints with the Giants, batting .196 in limited playing time. In a pinch, he can play second base and the outfield.

Other candidates to be called up that were not include utility man Ryan Rohlinger and right-handed pitchers Kevin Pucetas, Waldis Joaquin and Henry Sosa.
Major League clubs were allowed to expand their rosters from 25 to 40 players on Sept. 1. San Francisco now has 32 active players.
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Mota returns to crowded bullpen[/h3]
PHOENIX -- The Giants officially activated reliever Guillermo Mota off the 15-day disabled list following Monday's 2-0 extra-inning win over the D-backs.

Mota, who played long toss and threw in a flat-ground session in the outfield at Chase Field on Monday morning, was placed on the DL on Aug. 22 due to IT band syndrome. He may now be buried in what will be at least an eight-man bullpen upon his return but said he still hopes to be a part of San Francisco's stretch run.

"That's what I expect," he said. "I hope to do better than I was doing lately, like the way I started the season."

Mota (1-3, 4.78 ERA) started 2010 with nine straight scoreless appearances but, just prior to his injury, had allowed 11 runs in his last six games.

Burriss and Velez are completely insignificant. I don't see why they don't let some other minor leaguer get a taste of the big leagues.

Back
Top Bottom