Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

As for Tim....he really needs to work on that fastball...change up looked good today, although he missed once and it lost us the game
He throws it waaaaaaay too much IMO.  His changeup was his out pitch last year because he threw it off his fastball.  It seems like he is throwing his fastball off of his changeup this year.  Showing his change way too much.  Thats my opinion anyway.
he isn't confident in his fastball any more....

I'm praying he can somehow magically throw 94+ mph fastballs with control next month...if you have to rest him one start, then do it

For the benefit of Timmy, they should sit him down for at least a start.

My sig just looks worse after every start.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

They really should, I was thinking last week maybe just get him some work in the bullpen but after yesterday I think they should just give him a week off.

[table][tr][th="col"] . Hudson Ari
8567.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]4-2[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.10[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.78[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]121[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]61[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.15[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.30[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres cf
F. Sanchez 2b
Huff 1b
Burrell lf
Guillen rf
Sandoval 3b
Uribe ss
Whiteside c
Zito p

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

No Posey tonight. Let's hope that forearm injury is minor.
Did you ask him about it today at Lefty's?

Do we have any starters in AA/AAA that can get guys out? This is flat out embarrassing, the Diamondbacks???? Are you serious?

Do we have any starters in AA/AAA that can get guys out? This is flat out embarrassing, the Diamondbacks???? Are you serious?

Losing a series to a last place team is absolutely unacceptable for a team in a pennant race.

Sorry +%@ fans don't even make an attempt at that foul ball and let Roberts dive into the stands and catch it.

Get off your Blackberry and put your Cha-Cha-Bowl down you tard.

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

They really should, I was thinking last week maybe just get him some work in the bullpen but after yesterday I think they should just give him a week off.
he did have his best start this year comin off the all star "break"

But i doubt they'll do that because Tim says he's making "progress with every start"
laugh.gif

smh @ Zito, i didn't expect much, but got damn how embarrassing....i actually was looking for the Niners/Raiders game (yuck) just a second ago....what channel is that on?

The losses the past week or two have been some of the worst I've seen all year, just flat out embarrassing. I understand that teams go through funks in a season but the inconsistency from our starting pitching is ridiculous.

Lincecum and Zito are a combined 9-19 since their 5-0 starts earlier in the season, and with the rest of the rotation hovering around 500 this team just does not deserve to make the postseason. Even with an semi-improved offense this pitching staff is not giving them a chance to come back.

Also, besides that outburst of offense against the Reds which I think we could all agree was contributed by that mini heat wave, the offense has been non-existent this entire month, and our defense has taken a stumble lately as well.

[table][tr][th="col"]J. De La Rosa Col
7281.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.54[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.67[/td] [/tr][tr][td]73[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]157[/td] [/tr][tr][td]38[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.42[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.30[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres CF
F. Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Burrell LF
Posey C
Ross RF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
J. Sanchez LHP

Last year on this exact date, the Giants were tied for the lead of the wildcard with Colorado after completing a sweep with the help of Edgar Renteria's grandslam. Just something I remembered and wanted to post.
smile.gif

cant even get mad anymore, just laugh

You guys see Posey punching something in the dugout?
laugh.gif

How typical.

Warning track power flyball.

Diving stop by second basemen.

Line drive snag by pitcher.

True to its history, this team stays falling just short.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

cant even get mad anymore, just laugh

You guys see Posey punching something in the dugout?
laugh.gif

I think it was the bench. Probably imagining it was Cody Ross' head.

sick.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
in this order.

Wow...i felt really iffy when Wilson came in and it was a 3-1 count.

This is his 2nd straight blown save?

edit: my bad forgot about yesterday....but this and that Reds game we should've won

Back
Top Bottom