Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

@%+?

Those +!%$#$# last 2 at-bats.
mad.gif
smh.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Gorzelanny ChC
7678.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]6-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.51[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.35[/td] [/tr][tr][td]94[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]114[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]56[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.43[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.22[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres RF
Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Posey C
Burrell LF
Uribe SS
Sandoval 3B
Rowand CF
Zito P

[h1]Giants Acquire Mike Fontenot[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 11, 2010 at 6:41pm CST]

San Francisco is 2,100 miles away from Chicago, but Mike Fontenot didn't have to walk nearly that far when the Giants acquired him today. The Cubs are in San Francisco, so all Fontenot had to do was go from the visitors clubhouse to the home clubhouse. The Cubs obtain minor league infielder Evan Crawford in the deal.

Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea reported (on Twitter) that a trade was in the works, John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reported more specifics on the deal (on Twitter) and Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reported the specific players (Twitter links).

How does Fontenot help us?

Edit: Didn't realize Renteria is on the DL.  Which is a good thing.  He should take the rest of the year off.

That must be mad awkward for Fontenot be literally walk to the opposing dugout and suite up for tonights game.

Uribe has had some of the worst at-bats I've ever seen tonight. Dude just goes up there without a plan or any indication of what he wants to do.

[table][tr][th="col"]R. Wells ChC
8160.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-10[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.37[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.06[/td] [/tr][tr][td]107[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]117[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.40[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.14[/td][/tr][/table]
Rowand CF
Sanchez 2B
Huff RF
Posey C
Burrell LF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
Ishikawa 1B
Cain RHP

I've made excuses for Cain in the past. I get that during his entire career he has received little to no offensive support.

But this guy does not finish batters off. He has no killer instinct. And he does not help himself any with the mistakes he continues to make.

I get it - he gives this team quality starts. But how many more years will the front office over-value his arm? Move him before the league realizes he's nothing more than a solid #3.

Back
Top Bottom