Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I'm glad I Missed the game. Root Beer Float day + free tix + $2 hot dogs=
pimp.gif

x2
And congratulations to Gerald.  POM 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd take a split but if we could win 3/4 I'd be pretty happy.
[h3]KANSAS CITY, MO. (AP)[/h3]
Jose Guillen has been designated for assignment by the Kansas City Royals.

The outfielder-designated hitter was signed three years ago to a $36 million, three-year contract that made him the Royals' highest paid player per year in team history. He was leading the Royals with 62 RBIs and 16 home runs, and he is owed approximately $3.93 million from his $12 million salary this season.

Kansas City is Guillen's ninth major league stop. The Royals have 10 days to trade or release him.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Jurrjens Atl
8091.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]11-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]3-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.10[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.62[/td] [/tr][tr][td]152[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]47[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.27[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.25[/td][/tr][/table]
RF Torres
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
SS Uribe
LF Burrell
3B Sandoval
CF Rowand
P Lincecum

frown.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

I remember that season like it was yesterday. From the day ESPN reported we got Bonds( I cheered like a school girl when news got out, couldnt believe we landed him), to the burning of  atlanta fulton county stadium...if there ever was a more ominous warning of what was to come, that was it. McGriff played OUT OF HIS MIND, and we crumbled in august and sept like molina running to third. I just remember being heartbroken while Piazza and Lasorda were yucking it up.

The strike occured the next season...people forget that Matt Williams was well on pace to break the HR record at that time....43 HR's by early aug when the plug was pulled
frown.gif

Let's just split in ATL

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]T. Hanson Atl
8397.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]8-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.38[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.83[/td] [/tr][tr][td]104[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]127[/td] [/tr][tr][td]54[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]38[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.24[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.31[/td][/tr][/table]
CF Torres
2B Sanchez
RF Huff
C Posey
SS Uribe
3B Sandoval
LF Burrell
1B Ishikawa
P Zito

[h1]http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/21184/20100806/yankees_giants_eyeing_jose_guillen/[/h1]
[h1]Yankees, Giants Eyeing Jose Guillen[/h1]Aug 06, 2010 8:31 AM EST
Guillen_Jose_kan.jpg
The Royals designated Jose Guillen for assignment on Thursday and the Yankees aren't ruling the outfielder out.

Kansas City has 10 days to trade or release Guillen.

He is expected to clear waivers since he is owed roughly $3.9 million for the remainder of this season.

The Giants are also interested in Guillen, according to a report from the Mercury News.

no thanks on guillen....an average player that comes with baggage, who is constantly moving around from team to team?
way too many red flags. the fact the royals dfa'd him should be enough warning to any team

The Giants were not the team that won the waiver claim on Adam Dunn, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. An unknown team claimed Dunn yesterday.

not sure you guys felt about dunn, but i think we could have hid his defensive shortcomings in 1st or leftfield. just would have been nice to see a true legit power threat in the lineup even though he would have been a rental player, i wouldn't mind seeing him help us with the push for the last two months.

I wanted Adam Dunn on this team, but there was no chance of the Giants landing him with so many teams likely to claim him. Besides, the Nationals probably won't deal him unless they were blown away, but that won't happen.

A manufactured run.
1opvky.gif

games like today and yesterday is when we need a guy like adam dunn, someone you can launch one ay given time

Giants behind by a run. Adam Dunn with 2 jacks and 6 RBI on the day. But nah, we dont wanna give up our FIFTH #++@#@! STARTER. It still pisses me off that Brian Sabean was so against signing him when he was a free agent a couple years back.

Come on Giants.....tie this up. Lets go.

^well our fifth starter is better than most fifth starters in the league, bugt i see what your saying.... if we make the playoffs we dont even need a fifth starter, we need a big bat that can put some fear into pitchers, and make the other hitters around him better.

Back
Top Bottom