Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

1993...first time I cried cause of sports
frown.gif

I will NEVER forgive Dusty for starting rookie Salomon Torres
indifferent.gif
in the biggest game of the year.
103 wins down the drain. THAT pain still lingers. Best SF giants team in the last 3 decades

Granted I didn't care about sports back in 1993, but looking at the rosters, it's my opinion that the 2002 team was better.

Originally Posted by What up

Granted I didn't care about sports back in 1993, but looking at the rosters, it's my opinion that the 2002 team was better.
There were a few things that put this team over the top for me.
Burkett and Swift were LIGHTS out that year. 20 + winners in 93. And on top of that, Bud Black was a hell of a #3 starter.
Defensively, I feel the 93 was better. Darren Lewis was not the greatest leadoff hitter by any means, but he was a gold glove defense. Royce and Clayton were automatic when it came to double plays. Bonds could actually run back then. I'll give 02 team 1b...JT > clark though.
Clark, Bonds, Williams or Aurillia, Bonds, Kent? thats a tough one

I have no doubt we would have won the WS that year.
%%*% the Braves....%%*% the padres for trading Crime Dog to the braves, and then  him proceeding to SMASH on the entire league
%%*% the rockies for not winning 1 measly game against the Braves in their 1st season
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

why didn't they walk Renteria to get Cain up?
Decoy. Bochy had Ray up in the pen and a pinch hitter on deck.
oh i see...thanks

on a side note, i cannot read the box score on ESPN...it's cutoff on my ghetto tv

Originally Posted by EZLN1

1993...first time I cried cause of sports
frown.gif

I will NEVER forgive Dusty for starting rookie Salomon Torres
indifferent.gif
in the biggest game of the year.
103 wins down the drain. THAT pain still lingers. Best SF giants team in the last 3 decades
I will never forgive Dusty for taking out Russ Ortiz in Game 6 up 5-0 in the 7th and putting in Felix Rodriguez
frown.gif
mad.gif

[h1]Witnesses track, hold alleged drunk driver[/h1]

Benny Evangelista
San Francisco Chronicle August 1, 2010 08:39 PM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod

Sunday, August 1, 2010

(08-01) 20:39 PDT DANVILLE --A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Danville Sunday morning after being detained by a group of bystanders who saw him strike a bicyclist, a pedestrian, two other vehicles and a light pole, authorities said.

Cainan Schierholtz - the younger brother of San Francisco Giants outfielder Nate Schierholtz - was arrested on 10 criminal counts, including hit and run, driving under the influence and driving without a license, said Danville police Sgt. Phillip Wisotsky. He was booked at the county jail in Martinez in lieu of $350,000 bail.

Witnesses told police that a red pickup truck driving south on Danville Boulevard first struck a bicyclist riding in the bike lane. Schierholtz did not stop and continued south on Danville Boulevard, where his truck struck a pedestrian who was standing in the bike lane, police said.

The truck then swerved back into traffic, colliding with another pickup, police said. Schierholtz then drove south on Railroad Avenue, where he traveled up the sidewalk and knocked the light pole to the ground, police said.

The truck continued to Linda Mesa Avenue, police said, where Schierholtz collided with the rear of an SUV. Witnesses followed the truck to Montair Drive, where they detained the driver until police arrived.

The bicyclist was treated at a hospital for cuts and bruises, while the pedestrian and two people who were in the SUV sought medical treatment on their own, police said. The driver of the other pickup was not injured.

Wisotsky said Schierholtz told police he lived in San Ramon.

Schierholtz's brother, Nate Schierholtz, is a 26-year-old right fielder for the Giants. The two have used the same Danville address while registering to vote and are listed as brothers in an online biography of a third brother who played baseball for the U.S. Air Force Academy.

Idiot.
smh.gif
smh.gif

damn does Nate even got that kind of money to post bail?
anyway, family
indifferent.gif
...dude better pray he aint kill anyone.

Drunk people and drunk drivers ftl

We have to win one of these games in Colorado with Sanchez/Bumgarner
Don't really have a feel for the game tonight but I hope we can pull it out.

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]A. Cook Col
6981.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]4-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.54[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.08[/td] [/tr][tr][td]127[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]53[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.30[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.54[/td][/tr][/table]
CF Torres
2B F. Sanchez
RF Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
1B Ishikawa
3B Sandoval
SS Renteria
P J. Sanchez
Former Red Sox (and Rockies) right-hander Ramon Ramirez joined the Giants today. As reported yesterday, infielder Ryan Rohlinger was optioned to Triple-A Fresno to clear a roster space.

Back
Top Bottom