Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Travis coming through!
r2iwko.gif
r2iwko.gif

For real it seems like SD never loses
laugh.gif

Extended the wild card lead at least...You know the Giants are playing well when we start winning these games when we have no business doing so.

Going to the game tomorrow and see this streak extended to 5 and beyond
pimp.gif

great road trip, and great win today with Ishi bailing out dumb %%+ bochy

a 6-1 roadtrip, and calling donny baseball out on 2 visits will not make up for his endless amount of stupid, idiotic moves.
letting timmy bat in the 8th with RISP, pinch running posey for eli "rickey henderson" whiteside when he's 4/5 in the game, and calling for a steal with a runner on 1st and 3rd
mad.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

this guy has no sense of managing close games.

I'm not defending Bochy because his track record of stupid decisions is a mile long. But you'd have to be reeeeeeeally dumb to call a steal with runners on 1st and 3rd. Someone missed a sign there.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

a 6-1 roadtrip, and calling donny baseball out on 2 visits will not make up for his endless amount of stupid, idiotic moves.
letting timmy bat in the 8th with RISP, pinch running posey for eli "rickey henderson" whiteside when he's 4/5 in the game, and calling for a steal with a runner on 1st and 3rd
mad.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

this guy has no sense of managing close games.
I was thinking about that that, too. Only reason I could think of was that our bullpen is shot right now and he thought Lincecum through 98-pitches was stronger than Casilla or Bautista or Ray or whatever else we had in the pen for the 8th inning. With two lefties back to back in the D-Backs' order and no left-hander in the pen, he had to save Romo. Only thing I could think of.
ohwell.gif

Lincecum barely got out of the 8th too....but dammit we won.

I hope Buster breaks the Giants rookie record.

p.s. Going to the game Tuesday, i wonder if Posey can get a hit off Johnson

should be an interesting series with the marlins coming to town, they've been playing good ball lately, some great pitching matchups tommorow (R.Nolasco-B.Zito) and tuesday (J.Johnson-M.Cain). posey has a legit shot at winning the batting title once his AB's reach the limit to qualify, that would be something, and i really believe aubrey huff should get some MVP consideration if he keeps up his play, what a sign this offseason!

Great signing indeed.

Almost makes up for the Rowand, Zito, Dave Roberts, Renteria, and Mark DeRosa contracts.

Almost.

^ I forgot how many it is but there's no way he gets enough. He's got to hope his average is high enough therefore if he's 50 or however many short they would plug in an 0-50 and he could still win it.
Jumpman HBD
pimp.gif

[font=Arial, san-serif]
[/font]

You need 502 plate appearances

He's up to 178 AB, with 63 games left
Do the math, he needs to avg 5.1 AB to qualify...it aint happening
frown.gif

Originally Posted by EZLN1

You need 502 plate appearances

He's up to 178 AB, with 63 games left
Do the math, he needs to avg 5.1 AB to qualify...it aint happening
frown.gif

If he rests every 5th game then that leaves him with 50 games to get 425 AB.  That's 8.5 AB per game
laugh.gif
frown.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]R. Nolasco Fla
7720.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]10-7[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.50[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]110[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]95[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]51[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.27[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.26[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres CF
Renteria SS
Huff RF
Posey C
Uribe 3B
Burrell LF
Ishikawa 1B
Sanchez 2B
Zito, P

Giants' Velez to DL, Rohlinger Recalled

CSNBayArea.com staff
Eugenio Velez was placed on the disabled list after suffering a contusion and a concussion from a line drive into the Giants dugout during the game Saturday in Arizona. The Giants called up infielder Ryan Rohlinger to take his place on the roster.

According to Giants beat writer Henry Schulman, Velez is doing better today and has been released from the hospital. He will join the team at the ballpark before flying home with his teammates.

Schulman also reports that head trainer Dave Groeschner said the ball hit Velez just above the left ear.

Velez received no official at bats since being called up on July 19 but executed two successful sacrifice bunts and scored a run in San Francisco's 7-4 win over the Diamondbacks Friday.

Rohlinger played in 10 games with the Giants from May 9 to May 30 this season, batting .214 with a run and an RBI.

Got my Posey jersey, going to the johnson-cain game and two of the dodger games this weekend. 7-1 in games ive attended so far.

redbulltimlincecum.jpg

Timmy at Universal City Walk after one of the games last week against LAD....
roll.gif

I hate the Giants, but as a baseball fan couldn't pass up asking for signed balls from Lincecum and Posey.

Actually got 2 Timmy's that I gave away to a friend who is a Giant fan, got him Panda too... bum.

Back
Top Bottom