Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Impressive comeback.

Finally, something Bochy did that made me say "Good #@#*, Boch."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]C. Billingsley LAD
7705.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]8-4[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]7-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.51[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.61[/td] [/tr][tr][td]91[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]89[/td] [/tr][tr][td]48[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]36[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.26[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.45[/td][/tr][/table]
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/giants-remain-interested-in-hart-dejesus-others.html[/h1]
[h1]Giants Remain Interested In Hart, DeJesus, Others[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 21 at 2:14pm CST]

The Giants remain interested in Corey Hart and David DeJesus, according to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (via Twitter). Adam Dunn and Jorge Cantu are also on the team's radar.

Cantu has drawn interest from the Rangers and Angels; the Nationals are reluctant to trade Dunn; the Brewers want Jonathan Sanchez or Madison Bumgarner for Hart; and the Royals have a steep asking price for DeJesus but teams are still interested. None of those bats will come cheap and the Giants know that better than anyone. They're presumably willing to give up talent to improve an offensive attack that ranks ninth in the NL.

The Braves, Padres, White Sox, Rays and Rangers are among the teams that could also be bidding for hitters, so the price could remain high until the July 31st deadline.

hankschulman BREAKING NEWS: Just been told by a league official that umps erred last night by making Broxton leave. They should have ejected Mattingly and forced Broxton to face Torres. See Splash Blog on sfgate.com for details.

[h2]Umpires' error in last night's game[/h2]
Henry Schulman just spoke to a league official who said the umpires in last night's Dodgers-Giants game erred in forcing Jonathan Broxton from the game.

The official said that the rule requiring a pitcher to be removed after two mound visits should have been superseded by a comment underneath Rule 8.06 that says if two mound visits occur while the same batter is up, the umpires must eject the manager and require the pitcher to face that batter. Only then, should the pitcher be removed.

The mistake was discovered as the umpiring crew engaged in its normal postmortem with league umpiring evaluators.

Had the Dodgers protested the game, there is a chance the protest would have been upheld, and the game replayed. But the league official said the Dodgers neglected to protest the game.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/index#ixzz0uMKupcKP

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Did Krukow just drop a "what a clown" on Zito as he was exiting the game? lol

Thats EXACTLY what I thought.  While Zito was swearing and walking off the mound, he dropped that "what a clown" line.  Then after the break Kuiper was explaining that Krukow said that about a fan who was booing Zito (or something of this sort).  Might have been true.....probably was just his way of covering it up for his partner.
Anyways, tough loss tonight.  I feel for Zito.  He pitched one hell of a game.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Did Krukow just drop a "what a clown" on Zito as he was exiting the game? lol

Thats EXACTLY what I thought.  While Zito was swearing and walking off the mound, he dropped that "what a clown" line.  Then after the break Kuiper was explaining that Krukow said that about a fan who was booing Zito (or something of this sort).  Might have been true.....probably was just his way of covering it up for his partner.
Anyways, tough loss tonight.  I feel for Zito.  He pitched one hell of a game.
Supposedly somebody threw a beach ball onto the field when Zito was being replaced.  At least that's according to Kuip.

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]R. López Ari
6460.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-8[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]5-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.30[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.62[/td] [/tr][tr][td]91[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]65[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]35[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.18[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.35[/td][/tr][/table]

[h1]http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/20953/20100721/interest_in_corey_hart_heating_up/[/h1]
[h1]Interest In Corey Hart Heating Up[/h1]Jul 21, 2010 4:26 PM EST
Hart_Corey_mil.jpg
Interest in Brewers outfielder Corey Hart is heating up, according to ESPN's Buster Olney.

The Giants and Rays are expected to be suitors for Hart.

Via Buster Olney/ESPN (via Twitter)

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/20953/20100721/interest_in_corey_hart_heating_up/#

What's going on with this team?

I thought the break was going to kill their hot streak, but they've only gotten better.

Great performance by Cain tonight. Outside of that one Timmy start, our staff has been en fuego.
pimp.gif

[h3]http://www.vinscullyismyhomeboy.com/2010/07/tim-lincecum-can-fly.html[/h3]
[h3]Tim Lincecum can fly![/h3]

Let me see... San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum pitched against the Dodgers last Tuesday. On Wednesday, he goes to Universal City Walk for a few aerobatic maneuvers.{Watch Video}

Description:

He already has a license to blow hitters away. By joining the Red Bull family, San Francisco Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum also now has a license to take flight. While in town to play the Los Angeles Dodgers, Lincecum christened his Red Bull wings by stepping into a wind tunnel at Universal CityWalk for a few aerobatic maneuvers.

Red Bull grabs Lincecum to endorse their products?

I'm not a big fan of energy drinks. I like Sobe though. That stuff is great. I'm having a hard time to avoid Soda....
Didn't see this posted in your thread
laugh.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]E. Jackson Ari
7241.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]6-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.42[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]109[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]97[/td] [/tr][tr][td]54[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]56[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.27[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.47[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres CF
Sanchez 2B
Huff LF
Sandoval 3B
Ishikawa 1B
Renteria SS
Schierholtz RF
Whiteside C
Sanchez P

Back
Top Bottom