Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Very nice outing from Lincecum tonight.  Wish I was able to tune in.

Very good sign as I heard about his velocity being in the mid-90s, but that probably is just due to the long rest.

Also, good to see Timmy turn it around against the Mets.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

With Runzler down for awhile, I bet Dontrelle will be up in a couple of weeks.

i think if they feel willis may be ready to start by the trade deadline, they might trade j sanchez for a bat... i hope they dont, but that could be what sabeans thinking, but thats only if willis impresses in the minors for a few starts.

Last night was a great game. Glad I bought tickets to it.

I'm now 7-1 when I attend.
r2iwko.gif

Could somebody please school me on the giants, live MLB games, the NL, etc? I'm going to my first MLB game ever next month and I really don't know that much about baseball in general. I know Lincecum is pitching the game I'm going to. I know in the National League pitchers have to bat. I need to know more about stats, more about other good players on the team, and more about the stadium history. Also could somebody school me on ballpark do's and don'ts?

I figure this is the best thread to ask in and I don't wanna have to make a new thread for these questions. I know it's a lot to ask but thanks for any tips that anybody has.

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Niese NYM
8333.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]6-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]7-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.61[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.76[/td] [/tr][tr][td]73[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]81[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]46[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.36[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.31[/td][/tr][/table]
Torres RF
Sanchez 2B
Huff 1B
Posey C
Burrell LF
Uribe 3B
Renteria SS
Rowand CF
Zito LHP
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Wellemeyer not quite ready to return[/h3]
By Cash Kruth / MLB.com

07/15/10 9:05 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO -- Todd Wellemeyer threw 2 2/3 innings Wednesday at Rookie-level Arizona and said while he felt no pain throwing, his strained right quad still isn't fully healed.

"I don't feel it when I pitch," Wellemeyer said. "When I'm done throwing, if were to go quickly in either direction [it stings]; if I were to be too explosive, I'd probably do it all over again."

Wellemeyer, on the disabled list since June 11, said he is scheduled to throw Monday at Triple-A Fresno and, depending on his quad, could return to the Giants or pitch another Minor League outing.

With Madison Bumgarner pitching well in the fifth slot in the rotation, Wellemeyer said he's fine with coming back as a reliever.

"It's already almost August -- I doubt they'd try to put me back in a starting role, unless somebody got hurt," Wellemeyer said. "So I'm just going to prepare to be long guy out of the 'pen."
In other injury news, both center fielder Andres Torres and Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Torres' left groin was fine and Torres was just getting one more day of rest by sitting out Thursday's series opener vs. the Mets.
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Giants ink Willis to Minor League deal[/h3]
SAN FRANCISCO -- In the midst of a year in which he had already been designated for assignment by two teams before the All-Star break, Dontrelle Willis was ready to sit out the remainder of the 2010 season.

Then, the Giants came calling -- along with the chance to work with Giants vice president of player personnel $%$* Tidrow -- and Willis, an Alameda, Calif., native, decided to give the 2010 season one more shot.

On Thursday, the Giants announced they had signed Willis to a Minor League contract Wednesday. The 28-year-old left-hander signed for the pro-rated Major League minimum of $400,000, while he is still owed $12 million as part of the final year of a three-year, $29 million deal he signed with Detroit prior to the 2008 season.

Willis will report to Rookie-level Arizona on Monday to strengthen his arm before throwing at Triple-A Fresno.

"He got derailed there a little bit with Detroit and Arizona, but this is too good of an arm to give up on," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "He's not giving up and that's what's important. He still wants to pitch and he's a guy we can use in different ways."

In his eight-year career, Willis is 71-63 with a 4.12 ERA, but has struggled since leading the league with 22 wins in 2005. He was traded to Detroit prior to the 2008 season, but injuries and an anxiety disorder limited him to fewer than 10 games in 2008 and 2009.

Earlier this season, the Tigers traded Willis to Arizona, where he went 1-1 with a 6.85 ERA in six games (five starts), before the D-backs designated him for assignment on July 4 and released him two days later.

Even with those struggles, Matt Sosnick, Willis' agent, said several teams were interested in the 2003 National League Rookie of the Year. Still, Willis wanted to wait and reassess his prospects at the end of the season, but Sosnick said the opportunity to work with Tidrow was too good to pass up.

"The fact that $%$* Tidrow is going to work with him personally really was the deciding factor for us," Sosnick said.

Who's heading to the Lincecum bobblehead game tomorrow? What time are you guys planning to get there to beat the masses?

damn 1pm what the +*!!, i was planning to go around 2ish iono how many ppl would start lining up. which part do ppl usually line up at

Anybody have an extra ticket? I might just go pick one up and head home since I have a family thing to attend.

Anybody going to the Posey bobblehead game in Fresno?

In case you hadn’t noticed this, Buster Posey is on the road to becoming more than just the greatest Buster in baseball history. He’s on the road to becoming Ty Cobb.

In July (so far), this guy isn’t merely hitting .300. And he isn’t merely hitting .400. He’s hitting .500 (22 for 44). That’s all. Just .500, with a .977 slugging percentage and a 1.526 OPS.

Nobody has more homers (six) this month. Or more RBIs (16). Or more runs scored (13). And hang on, there’s more.

If you missed the fabulous “Elias Says

so i finally transfer my pictures from my camera to my computer.  if anyone wants to see some pictures from the milwaukee series, just say so. and please tell me how to post it up.

1) upload pictures to photo bucket
2) copy the direct link
3) click on the Insert Image (looks like a mountain) icon
4) click on "Add from URL"
5)enter  the link that photo bucket gave you
6) and  click post'

zito
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom