**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

^ trade wont happen then... you need to give up either gallo or randolph or maybe both to even be considered a good enough trade for melo...

^ trade wont happen then... you need to give up either gallo or randolph or maybe both to even be considered a good enough trade for melo...

Originally Posted by DubA169

not at the trade deadline.

lebron and bosh got their sign and trades for garbage.

i dont get it? but they got traded for garbage because they were free agents which was after the season... we can do that with melo and wait for next summer but might risk out on losing him like lebron did us dirty or he will sign an extension and get traded to another team...either way the knicks need to make this trade asap... trade everyone not named amare and maybe felton... i don't care what anyone says about our young guys you cant deny talent like melo.... and even though the knicks are decent without melo right now they would be a lot better with him even if we let our young guys go...

Originally Posted by DubA169

not at the trade deadline.

lebron and bosh got their sign and trades for garbage.

i dont get it? but they got traded for garbage because they were free agents which was after the season... we can do that with melo and wait for next summer but might risk out on losing him like lebron did us dirty or he will sign an extension and get traded to another team...either way the knicks need to make this trade asap... trade everyone not named amare and maybe felton... i don't care what anyone says about our young guys you cant deny talent like melo.... and even though the knicks are decent without melo right now they would be a lot better with him even if we let our young guys go...

isiah isn't here anymore. trade the entire team for melo? with one year left on his contract? when he/we actually have leverage?

nope. if melo had 3 years left on his contract then i would be with you. there simply isn't much precedence for a team giving up multiple valuable players for another player who is in a contract year.

i want to win a championship. not be destroyed in 2nd round every year. melo and amare simply isn't enough. especially if you want to trade for CP, because then the knicks will have no assets whatsoever if they use them all to get melo.

now signing melo outright or for some BS trade exemption, draft picks, fields, TD, walker type deal....fine because then you still have gallo and randolph to trade for CP or deron

i would look into signing parker instead of CP because he won't be getting paid near a max

isiah isn't here anymore. trade the entire team for melo? with one year left on his contract? when he/we actually have leverage?

nope. if melo had 3 years left on his contract then i would be with you. there simply isn't much precedence for a team giving up multiple valuable players for another player who is in a contract year.

i want to win a championship. not be destroyed in 2nd round every year. melo and amare simply isn't enough. especially if you want to trade for CP, because then the knicks will have no assets whatsoever if they use them all to get melo.

now signing melo outright or for some BS trade exemption, draft picks, fields, TD, walker type deal....fine because then you still have gallo and randolph to trade for CP or deron

i would look into signing parker instead of CP because he won't be getting paid near a max

^ im saying though only trade for melo if he agree to the extension which he will because its the knicks... and donnie isnt that dumb to sign off on that trade without the extension... and i disagree with losing in the 2nd round every year... with this team and no melo we will barely make the playoffs and wont even win a first round series... that is how its going to look every year with this team... but if you add melo and you got amare that is a better team... you can't deny that... and those are the 2 main pieces... we can still build around those 2 guys... all you really need is solid role players... we already got 2 franchise players assuming we lock melo up...all im saying is we have a chance to get melo (top 5 player in the league) with an extension of course you get him asap even if it means trading the young guys...because its not guaranteed we will get him in free agency example 2010 summer... and if you want to win asap you make this trade because its guaranteed a 50 win team...and this trade is not even close to an isiah trade... we are actually getting a superstar who is worth their contract unlike the overpaid bums we had before

^ im saying though only trade for melo if he agree to the extension which he will because its the knicks... and donnie isnt that dumb to sign off on that trade without the extension... and i disagree with losing in the 2nd round every year... with this team and no melo we will barely make the playoffs and wont even win a first round series... that is how its going to look every year with this team... but if you add melo and you got amare that is a better team... you can't deny that... and those are the 2 main pieces... we can still build around those 2 guys... all you really need is solid role players... we already got 2 franchise players assuming we lock melo up...all im saying is we have a chance to get melo (top 5 player in the league) with an extension of course you get him asap even if it means trading the young guys...because its not guaranteed we will get him in free agency example 2010 summer... and if you want to win asap you make this trade because its guaranteed a 50 win team...and this trade is not even close to an isiah trade... we are actually getting a superstar who is worth their contract unlike the overpaid bums we had before

to be honest i don't think gallo plus randolph even gets a deal done. that's what i mean by saying we would end up with an isiah trade. we may have to give up everything we have plus curry expiring while taking back JR Smith

i'm looking at it from the view that we have amar'e to serve as a middle man this time around. that whole miami abomination came about because wade was the established star in miami. he was feeding information to riley and riley was feeding info to lebron and bosh through wade.

melo would rather be here with gallo and randolph than without them. there is no doubt about that. only if melo really can't take it in denver for whatever reason and wants out right away, under threat of agreeing to an extension with another team, ONLY then do u start gutting the knicks.

we have amar'e as a surrogate for donnie. now i don't know if donnie would be willing to tamper through amar'e. (it isn't legally tampering if a player does it that's why we are in a great situation) but i would bet that is what is going on. he would have realized that you can't play fair right now

this is checkers not chess. there is leverage not desperation

to be honest i don't think gallo plus randolph even gets a deal done. that's what i mean by saying we would end up with an isiah trade. we may have to give up everything we have plus curry expiring while taking back JR Smith

i'm looking at it from the view that we have amar'e to serve as a middle man this time around. that whole miami abomination came about because wade was the established star in miami. he was feeding information to riley and riley was feeding info to lebron and bosh through wade.

melo would rather be here with gallo and randolph than without them. there is no doubt about that. only if melo really can't take it in denver for whatever reason and wants out right away, under threat of agreeing to an extension with another team, ONLY then do u start gutting the knicks.

we have amar'e as a surrogate for donnie. now i don't know if donnie would be willing to tamper through amar'e. (it isn't legally tampering if a player does it that's why we are in a great situation) but i would bet that is what is going on. he would have realized that you can't play fair right now

this is checkers not chess. there is leverage not desperation

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

toney douglas looks like big krit.

hahahaha
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom