**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Perfect execution!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

The "T" word -- tampering -- has already been spit through gritted teeth in Denver. So don't be surprised by the sudden change of the tune involving Melo (just like it did for Chris Paul) and his choice destination. The Nets have come up as a perfect alternative because of the impending move to Brooklyn (where Melo and his wife, LaLa Vazquez, were both born). But let's keep the 2010 trend in mind: stars joining other stars. So are the Nets, who would stand lose either Devin Harris or Brook Lopez (or both) really a better option for Melo than playing with Chauncey Billups in Denver? Would he really be motivated to sign an extension to play there with that roster?
exactly why im not woried about NJ. They failed miserably this summer and only had 12 wins last season. Sure they have an attractive young piece in Brook Lopez and they have Harris/Favors, but in order to grab Melo the Nets woukd for sure have to give up Lopez and than 1 of the other 2. Favors is already uncertain about his potential as it is, but he would probably be the one to go connsidering that Chauncey is better than Harris at the point and is going nowhere. So basically Melo going to NJ would be the same exact team as Denver, only worse. Just him and a borderline all-star point guard and less support than Denver has. Not to mention NJ would have to include draft picks as well so he would not have any major help in the foreseeable future. Of he went to NJ he would have to suffer as a lower tier playoff team for the next few years, and he is not about to do that... especially when Miami formed a bball superpower in the same conference which is pretty much why Melo demanded a trade to begin with.

If NJ does not include Lopez they simply do not have enough firepower to acquire Melo in a better offer than NY is giving them, even with the draft picks. Gallo/AR are a FAR more attractive 2 players to trade for than Harris/Favors and it fits them better considering that they get a replacement for Melo right away at the 3 in Gallo and a player to play the 4 while also hellping out at the 3 in AR and his athletic high flying style is not also attractive but it compliments Gallos sharpshooting ability perfectly as well. Both players also are young and have all-star potential and if they both reach it fans will quickly forget about Melo because they will have a young and talented team to watch. Sure it is risky, but you are always taking a risk by trading a markee guy like Melo but imo no team can offer a more attractive deal and also get Melo to sign an extension than we can.

And if they wanna be difficult and not accept that fact because they are afraid to "cave in" to Melo's commands, than they can take their pride and go @++@ themselves with it and riskk having Melo leave them to sign with us next summer and not have Gallo or AR to show for it cause we know Melo would love to play with them + Amare in his home city. Its not our fault that Melo + CP spoke about coming here and i agree that it was disrespectful to say that at a wedding in front of everyone with the owner right there, but its not like we did wrong, its not like we did any tampering. Fact is we have the pieces to get Melo and he wants to play here from what it seems like, so they can be difficult but in the end they will have to pay for it, theyre not gonna be able to get guys like Brook Lopez or Tyreke Evans AND get Melo to resign with that club and play with the $$+$%% left over players of the teams that finished dead last in the NBA the past 2 seasons respectfully AND have made no major moves in the offseason to benefit the rest of that team like we have done with Amare. AR + Fallo really is a great offer, and even im iffy on giving up both in the same deal, but for Melo id pull the trigger he is a franchise changing kind of guy and him and Amare would own, but Denver has to take the stick out of their **% and deal with us because we will offer them the best deal for Melo while also getting him to resign and they gotta realize that. Melo wants to play here and at the end of the day, one way or another, its his call so imo the ball is on our court and Denver needs to realize that and say @++@ all this pride #%*! and deal with us and get great value in return or be difficult for a year and lose him for nothing. their call

Originally Posted by DubA169

The "T" word -- tampering -- has already been spit through gritted teeth in Denver. So don't be surprised by the sudden change of the tune involving Melo (just like it did for Chris Paul) and his choice destination. The Nets have come up as a perfect alternative because of the impending move to Brooklyn (where Melo and his wife, LaLa Vazquez, were both born). But let's keep the 2010 trend in mind: stars joining other stars. So are the Nets, who would stand lose either Devin Harris or Brook Lopez (or both) really a better option for Melo than playing with Chauncey Billups in Denver? Would he really be motivated to sign an extension to play there with that roster?
exactly why im not woried about NJ. They failed miserably this summer and only had 12 wins last season. Sure they have an attractive young piece in Brook Lopez and they have Harris/Favors, but in order to grab Melo the Nets woukd for sure have to give up Lopez and than 1 of the other 2. Favors is already uncertain about his potential as it is, but he would probably be the one to go connsidering that Chauncey is better than Harris at the point and is going nowhere. So basically Melo going to NJ would be the same exact team as Denver, only worse. Just him and a borderline all-star point guard and less support than Denver has. Not to mention NJ would have to include draft picks as well so he would not have any major help in the foreseeable future. Of he went to NJ he would have to suffer as a lower tier playoff team for the next few years, and he is not about to do that... especially when Miami formed a bball superpower in the same conference which is pretty much why Melo demanded a trade to begin with.

If NJ does not include Lopez they simply do not have enough firepower to acquire Melo in a better offer than NY is giving them, even with the draft picks. Gallo/AR are a FAR more attractive 2 players to trade for than Harris/Favors and it fits them better considering that they get a replacement for Melo right away at the 3 in Gallo and a player to play the 4 while also hellping out at the 3 in AR and his athletic high flying style is not also attractive but it compliments Gallos sharpshooting ability perfectly as well. Both players also are young and have all-star potential and if they both reach it fans will quickly forget about Melo because they will have a young and talented team to watch. Sure it is risky, but you are always taking a risk by trading a markee guy like Melo but imo no team can offer a more attractive deal and also get Melo to sign an extension than we can.

And if they wanna be difficult and not accept that fact because they are afraid to "cave in" to Melo's commands, than they can take their pride and go @++@ themselves with it and riskk having Melo leave them to sign with us next summer and not have Gallo or AR to show for it cause we know Melo would love to play with them + Amare in his home city. Its not our fault that Melo + CP spoke about coming here and i agree that it was disrespectful to say that at a wedding in front of everyone with the owner right there, but its not like we did wrong, its not like we did any tampering. Fact is we have the pieces to get Melo and he wants to play here from what it seems like, so they can be difficult but in the end they will have to pay for it, theyre not gonna be able to get guys like Brook Lopez or Tyreke Evans AND get Melo to resign with that club and play with the $$+$%% left over players of the teams that finished dead last in the NBA the past 2 seasons respectfully AND have made no major moves in the offseason to benefit the rest of that team like we have done with Amare. AR + Fallo really is a great offer, and even im iffy on giving up both in the same deal, but for Melo id pull the trigger he is a franchise changing kind of guy and him and Amare would own, but Denver has to take the stick out of their **% and deal with us because we will offer them the best deal for Melo while also getting him to resign and they gotta realize that. Melo wants to play here and at the end of the day, one way or another, its his call so imo the ball is on our court and Denver needs to realize that and say @++@ all this pride #%*! and deal with us and get great value in return or be difficult for a year and lose him for nothing. their call

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

zzzzzz
This.

And what do u expect Prophecy? It's F'n AUGUST.  There's nothing to discuss.  Just incessant speculation.  I dunno how yall regurgitate the same thing day in and day out while there is no ball being played
laugh.gif

Relax, the season is approaching... slowly.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

zzzzzz
This.

And what do u expect Prophecy? It's F'n AUGUST.  There's nothing to discuss.  Just incessant speculation.  I dunno how yall regurgitate the same thing day in and day out while there is no ball being played
laugh.gif

Relax, the season is approaching... slowly.

the the league stops melo from going to NY because it would be percieved as "tampering" i might just stop watching the NBA

the the league stops melo from going to NY because it would be percieved as "tampering" i might just stop watching the NBA

to answer the thread title question, I hope I can buy tickets to see the first Heat game

btw, when do single game tickets go on sale? (yea I know this was said already or i should've googled it but eff it
laugh.gif
)

to answer the thread title question, I hope I can buy tickets to see the first Heat game

btw, when do single game tickets go on sale? (yea I know this was said already or i should've googled it but eff it
laugh.gif
)

I want to go to the home opener vs. Portland. Other than that, I'd like to see the Heat, Magic, Celtics, & Warriors.

I want to go to the home opener vs. Portland. Other than that, I'd like to see the Heat, Magic, Celtics, & Warriors.

The night before the 2008 draft, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh was torn between Anthony Randolph and Danilo Gallinari. According to Randolph, he was brought in for a secret workout on the eve of the draft for a second look and thought he was Knicks-bound. According to a source, the Knicks' college scouting branch gave Walsh a final analysis that Randolph could become an All-Star in his third or fourth season and recommended he be chosen over Gallinari. Two years later, the Knicks have both forwards in the bag and perhaps in a sizeable starting lineup. The 6-foot-10 Randolph could play small forward, the 6-foot-10 Gallinari at shooting guard and Amar'e' Stoudemire at power forward.http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_tall_order_enKa256I39VK90Xv4ijzbK

"I knew he was a a great shooter, but working out with him now, you really see it," Randolph told The Post yesterday at the Knicks' kids camp at the Ross School in East Hampton. "That would be a very fine lineup -- three guys nearly 7 feet."
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#gCE-r7JG

The night before the 2008 draft, Knicks team president Donnie Walsh was torn between Anthony Randolph and Danilo Gallinari. According to Randolph, he was brought in for a secret workout on the eve of the draft for a second look and thought he was Knicks-bound. According to a source, the Knicks' college scouting branch gave Walsh a final analysis that Randolph could become an All-Star in his third or fourth season and recommended he be chosen over Gallinari. Two years later, the Knicks have both forwards in the bag and perhaps in a sizeable starting lineup. The 6-foot-10 Randolph could play small forward, the 6-foot-10 Gallinari at shooting guard and Amar'e' Stoudemire at power forward.http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_tall_order_enKa256I39VK90Xv4ijzbK

"I knew he was a a great shooter, but working out with him now, you really see it," Randolph told The Post yesterday at the Knicks' kids camp at the Ross School in East Hampton. "That would be a very fine lineup -- three guys nearly 7 feet."
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#gCE-r7JG

that's why melo and the knicks need to be sneaky. we don't have a shot with just melo and amare.

but with melo, felton, amare, gallo, randolph, and one of our centers being serviceable, ring chasers.... i say we have a shot.

that's why melo and the knicks need to be sneaky. we don't have a shot with just melo and amare.

but with melo, felton, amare, gallo, randolph, and one of our centers being serviceable, ring chasers.... i say we have a shot.

Back
Top Bottom