Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

Originally Posted by bkmac

The fact that an offer to keep him a Jet for a life was denied upsets/worries me. The thing is, the Jet fans and media did this to Revis, Revis isn't doing this to
himself. It sounds like I am defending Revis, but it's kind of
farfetched to have thought he wasn't going to holdout (even if it's just
for a short time period).

I agree for the most part, but the 'lifetime deal' they offered supposedly doesn't come with any bonus money from what heard/read, if you read Tannenbaum's pressor the guy basically skirts the question. So that leads me to believe the upfront money is trash or non existent. Also, the 'band-aid' option from what I read does give him a raise, but pays him 5.3 million less than Ferguson in 2010. I really don't know who to believe but lately the Jets front office hasn't been honoring their side of the negotiation process, they came to Revis wanting to redo his contract, I'm totally behind Revis on this the guy has been nothing but class since day one and has been as advertised since they drafted him. Something will get done.

The fact that an offer to keep him a Jet for a life was denied upsets/worries me. The thing is, the Jet fans and media did this to Revis, Revis isn't doing this to
himself. It sounds like I am defending Revis, but it's kind of
farfetched to have thought he wasn't going to holdout (even if it's just
for a short time period).

I agree for the most part, but the 'lifetime deal' they offered supposedly doesn't come with any bonus money from what heard/read, if you read Tannenbaum's pressor the guy basically skirts the question. So that leads me to believe the upfront money is trash or non existent. Also, the 'band-aid' option from what I read does give him a raise, but pays him 5.3 million less than Ferguson in 2010. I really don't know who to believe but lately the Jets front office hasn't been honoring their side of the negotiation process, they came to Revis wanting to redo his contract, I'm totally behind Revis on this the guy has been nothing but class since day one and has been as advertised since they drafted him. Something will get done.

Bart Scott backs Darrelle Revis in holdout from Jets as Woody Johnson and Mike Tannenbaum plot move

GARY MYERS

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 4:00 AM

CORTLAND - Darrelle Revis and Jets management are just a couple of days into what's quickly developing into the most acrimonious contract battle in team history that eventually could cost them a shot at the Super Bowl.

Do the Jets write the check to end the holdout and make Revis, the best cornerback in the NFL, the highest-paid cornerback in the league? Should they be required to let Al Davis set the market with the ridiculous three-year, $45.3 million contract he gave Nnamdi Asomugha in 2009? The $15.1 million average is about 50% higher than the next group of cornerbacks at $9.5 million.

Isn't there middle ground here somewhere?

There is a complicated, multifaceted difference of opinion based on total dollars and how those dollars are structured. Revis' teammates have been supportive and are sticking to the locker room code of staying out of another man's business. But eventually this could divide the team - Revis is crucial to Rex Ryan's defense and his absence could eventually take money out of the pocket of every player.

But Bart Scott, the outspoken leader of the defense, says Revis can always count on him having his back. "I'm 1,000% behind him," Scott said yesterday.

No matter if this stretches out for a long, long time? No problem, Scott said.

"That's what teammates are for," Scott said. "I always support a teammate. You don't turn your back on family."

The longer this goes, the more tension it will create. Even though Ryan said yesterday, "If he signs a contract one day before the first game, Darrelle will be starting, it's as simple as that," it really isn't that simple. Or realistic. Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman, who played corner and safety for the Cowboys and Cardinals from 1978-86, told the Daily News yesterday that if Revis misses two or three weeks of training camp, it will be "midseason" before he catches up.

"It just doesn't come back to you," Thurman said.

That is not good news. And Thurman is not just putting a management spin on it. He talks from the experience of having seen just about everything in decades around the NFL.

Scott will get nervous if it's a week before the Monday night opener on Sept. 13 against the Ravens and Revis' jersey is still hanging in his locker and Revis is not around to wear it. "Then I will get a little concerned," he said.

So, how will this eventually end?

Woody Johnson insisted yesterday that cash flow is not the problem. "This is my 11th year," he said. "We've never had an inability through resources, through lack of resources, to sign whoever we wanted."

Just an inability, other than through PSLs, to pay for new stadiums.

The Jets are trying to turn the public perception in their favor by confirming they will reach out to Revis and his agents and offer once again to meet in person. That proposal for a get-together, along with two contract offers, was turned down last week. Even Johnson would come along for the ride this time. But unless the Jets come with a new offer, it would be a waste of time.

It was GM Mike Tannenbaum who approached Revis' camp in the hallway near the Jets' locker room in Indianapolis moments after the AFC title game loss to the Colts in January and said he wanted to get a new deal done for Revis, who still had three years remaining on his rookie contract.

If Tannenbaum had not made the first move, you can be assured that Revis' agent, Neil Schwartz, would have been on the phone suggesting it before long. Tannenbaum and Schwartz are deal-makers, so it's almost incomprehensible that six months later, there is still no deal.

The Jets say it's a matter of total compensation and they are flexible on working out the signing bonus, option bonus and guaranteed structure; Revis' side says it's not only a matter of dollars, but when the Jets knew Revis was going to hold out Sunday, their two last-ditch proposals on Friday still didn't contain one dollar of fully guaranteed money.

The Jets offered their Band-Aid solution that would have added a few million to Revis' $1 million this year, but also added a year to the contract. Still, that 2010 money was not even close to what Revis wants.

Maybe the sides should consult Davis, since he helped create this mess. Asomugha's contract is an aberration and the Raiders are the most poorly managed team in the NFL. Johnson shouldn't have to pay for Davis' generosity.

But Revis still deserves around $13 million a year in a six-year contract with about $25 million-$30 million guaranteed. That would be a fair market deal.

In the end, Revis will sign a new deal, both sides will say this was just business and life will go on. The problem, of course, is there is no end in sight. But it's still only early August.

smh.gif

just get it done already ...........

Bart Scott backs Darrelle Revis in holdout from Jets as Woody Johnson and Mike Tannenbaum plot move

GARY MYERS

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 4:00 AM

CORTLAND - Darrelle Revis and Jets management are just a couple of days into what's quickly developing into the most acrimonious contract battle in team history that eventually could cost them a shot at the Super Bowl.

Do the Jets write the check to end the holdout and make Revis, the best cornerback in the NFL, the highest-paid cornerback in the league? Should they be required to let Al Davis set the market with the ridiculous three-year, $45.3 million contract he gave Nnamdi Asomugha in 2009? The $15.1 million average is about 50% higher than the next group of cornerbacks at $9.5 million.

Isn't there middle ground here somewhere?

There is a complicated, multifaceted difference of opinion based on total dollars and how those dollars are structured. Revis' teammates have been supportive and are sticking to the locker room code of staying out of another man's business. But eventually this could divide the team - Revis is crucial to Rex Ryan's defense and his absence could eventually take money out of the pocket of every player.

But Bart Scott, the outspoken leader of the defense, says Revis can always count on him having his back. "I'm 1,000% behind him," Scott said yesterday.

No matter if this stretches out for a long, long time? No problem, Scott said.

"That's what teammates are for," Scott said. "I always support a teammate. You don't turn your back on family."

The longer this goes, the more tension it will create. Even though Ryan said yesterday, "If he signs a contract one day before the first game, Darrelle will be starting, it's as simple as that," it really isn't that simple. Or realistic. Defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman, who played corner and safety for the Cowboys and Cardinals from 1978-86, told the Daily News yesterday that if Revis misses two or three weeks of training camp, it will be "midseason" before he catches up.

"It just doesn't come back to you," Thurman said.

That is not good news. And Thurman is not just putting a management spin on it. He talks from the experience of having seen just about everything in decades around the NFL.

Scott will get nervous if it's a week before the Monday night opener on Sept. 13 against the Ravens and Revis' jersey is still hanging in his locker and Revis is not around to wear it. "Then I will get a little concerned," he said.

So, how will this eventually end?

Woody Johnson insisted yesterday that cash flow is not the problem. "This is my 11th year," he said. "We've never had an inability through resources, through lack of resources, to sign whoever we wanted."

Just an inability, other than through PSLs, to pay for new stadiums.

The Jets are trying to turn the public perception in their favor by confirming they will reach out to Revis and his agents and offer once again to meet in person. That proposal for a get-together, along with two contract offers, was turned down last week. Even Johnson would come along for the ride this time. But unless the Jets come with a new offer, it would be a waste of time.

It was GM Mike Tannenbaum who approached Revis' camp in the hallway near the Jets' locker room in Indianapolis moments after the AFC title game loss to the Colts in January and said he wanted to get a new deal done for Revis, who still had three years remaining on his rookie contract.

If Tannenbaum had not made the first move, you can be assured that Revis' agent, Neil Schwartz, would have been on the phone suggesting it before long. Tannenbaum and Schwartz are deal-makers, so it's almost incomprehensible that six months later, there is still no deal.

The Jets say it's a matter of total compensation and they are flexible on working out the signing bonus, option bonus and guaranteed structure; Revis' side says it's not only a matter of dollars, but when the Jets knew Revis was going to hold out Sunday, their two last-ditch proposals on Friday still didn't contain one dollar of fully guaranteed money.

The Jets offered their Band-Aid solution that would have added a few million to Revis' $1 million this year, but also added a year to the contract. Still, that 2010 money was not even close to what Revis wants.

Maybe the sides should consult Davis, since he helped create this mess. Asomugha's contract is an aberration and the Raiders are the most poorly managed team in the NFL. Johnson shouldn't have to pay for Davis' generosity.

But Revis still deserves around $13 million a year in a six-year contract with about $25 million-$30 million guaranteed. That would be a fair market deal.

In the end, Revis will sign a new deal, both sides will say this was just business and life will go on. The problem, of course, is there is no end in sight. But it's still only early August.

smh.gif

just get it done already ...........

Anyone got hookups to the vikings vs jets game??? I remembered someone could get nice seats. Its my bday that day
frown.gif

Anyone got hookups to the vikings vs jets game??? I remembered someone could get nice seats. Its my bday that day
frown.gif

So I'll be posting camp updates from a guy on another forum I found.

Some pretty good stuff. If you want a link to the forum pm me..

KRL Camp Notes (8/4/10 A.M.)

General Notes

- Players in full pads

- Practice ran 2:35

-Ellisdidn't practice but he wasn't on the bikes, he may have been given the
practice off

- Jenkins practiced today. He had rubber sleeves on the knees not braces

- Did not see Santonio Holmes yet, maybe this afternoon

- Braylon Edwards is looking like a black member of ZZ Top with the beard he's
got going

- Noticed something different over the past couple of days. During the pre-
practice class period, Pettine is testing the #1's andRyanis testing the #2'sand #3's

-Ryanis more of a "supervisor" this year. He'll run a defensive drill then
leave and check in on the offense and special teams

- Westhoff was pretty "salty" this morning during the special teams drills.
He's really focusing on getting punt blocks this year, did we even get one
last year? Also, if you didn't know he had leg problems in the past you would
never know now. He's walking with no cane and no limp

- Funny moment from Rex, during one defensive drill he threw a 30 yd
pass toanother defensive coach between Pool andWilson.The coach caught it
and"took it to the house" afterwardsRyangave him a "high hip bump"

Player Notes

- In my opinion Slauson is ahead of Ducasse, particularly in pass protection.
When the defense comes with a blitz on the left side you see a nice wall with
Slauson. On a few occasionsCallahancalled Ducasse to the side for somepointers

- Had quite a few impressions during one on one blocking drills:
*Kellerhas really improved standing up LB's during his reps
* Connor is just beastly, dishing out punishment
*Scottdisposed ofRichardsonwith a shoulder slap
* Ihedigbo was bringing serious heat, he could have a very interesting year
as a blitzer
* Mcknight deserves some props, his RB coach (Lynn) put him against
Scott& Ihedigbo and he showed good fight and toughness

- Tomlinson flashed today with a couple of nice runs and a TD from Sanchez
on a slant pass against Harris

- Impressions during pass rush drills:
* Hate to say it because he's got so much to prove but Gholston has shown
an excellent array of moves. He's showing the "bull rush" but also "spins"
and "push pulls" in combination. I'll leave it at that
* Pitoitua flashed good push up the middle
* Basped flashed again today
* Have to give love to the O-line too because Mangold, Ferguson & Woody
were excellent

- Sanchez was a little up and down today. He had some nice plays throwing
TD's to Edwards and Tomlinson. But he also had to run a penalty lap for a
bad pitch to Tomlinson. In addition Cromartie picked him off twice once when
he went to Cotchery and once when he went to
Keller

- Speaking about Cromartie you wonder why SD didn't leave him in man
coverage because he's been having an excellent camp. Fantastic ball skills
with the ability to come out of nowhere and pick off balls

- Edwards had a good day, his best play was a one handed catch over
Cromartie

-Wilsonflashed today with an INT against Clowney & Brunell

- An interesting 3-2-6 dime look with the D-line being Taylor, Thomas & Pace,

- Folk finished practice going 5 for 7

- As practice closed Jenkins got all over a MIA fan. Telling him he was going
"To send his mama a Jet jersey"

This kid Basped is showing out ala Jamaal Westermann last year... I see you
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

AlCROtraz
pimp.gif
Soon as Revis signs, it's a wrap...

So I'll be posting camp updates from a guy on another forum I found.

Some pretty good stuff. If you want a link to the forum pm me..

KRL Camp Notes (8/4/10 A.M.)

General Notes

- Players in full pads

- Practice ran 2:35

-Ellisdidn't practice but he wasn't on the bikes, he may have been given the
practice off

- Jenkins practiced today. He had rubber sleeves on the knees not braces

- Did not see Santonio Holmes yet, maybe this afternoon

- Braylon Edwards is looking like a black member of ZZ Top with the beard he's
got going

- Noticed something different over the past couple of days. During the pre-
practice class period, Pettine is testing the #1's andRyanis testing the #2'sand #3's

-Ryanis more of a "supervisor" this year. He'll run a defensive drill then
leave and check in on the offense and special teams

- Westhoff was pretty "salty" this morning during the special teams drills.
He's really focusing on getting punt blocks this year, did we even get one
last year? Also, if you didn't know he had leg problems in the past you would
never know now. He's walking with no cane and no limp

- Funny moment from Rex, during one defensive drill he threw a 30 yd
pass toanother defensive coach between Pool andWilson.The coach caught it
and"took it to the house" afterwardsRyangave him a "high hip bump"

Player Notes

- In my opinion Slauson is ahead of Ducasse, particularly in pass protection.
When the defense comes with a blitz on the left side you see a nice wall with
Slauson. On a few occasionsCallahancalled Ducasse to the side for somepointers

- Had quite a few impressions during one on one blocking drills:
*Kellerhas really improved standing up LB's during his reps
* Connor is just beastly, dishing out punishment
*Scottdisposed ofRichardsonwith a shoulder slap
* Ihedigbo was bringing serious heat, he could have a very interesting year
as a blitzer
* Mcknight deserves some props, his RB coach (Lynn) put him against
Scott& Ihedigbo and he showed good fight and toughness

- Tomlinson flashed today with a couple of nice runs and a TD from Sanchez
on a slant pass against Harris

- Impressions during pass rush drills:
* Hate to say it because he's got so much to prove but Gholston has shown
an excellent array of moves. He's showing the "bull rush" but also "spins"
and "push pulls" in combination. I'll leave it at that
* Pitoitua flashed good push up the middle
* Basped flashed again today
* Have to give love to the O-line too because Mangold, Ferguson & Woody
were excellent

- Sanchez was a little up and down today. He had some nice plays throwing
TD's to Edwards and Tomlinson. But he also had to run a penalty lap for a
bad pitch to Tomlinson. In addition Cromartie picked him off twice once when
he went to Cotchery and once when he went to
Keller

- Speaking about Cromartie you wonder why SD didn't leave him in man
coverage because he's been having an excellent camp. Fantastic ball skills
with the ability to come out of nowhere and pick off balls

- Edwards had a good day, his best play was a one handed catch over
Cromartie

-Wilsonflashed today with an INT against Clowney & Brunell

- An interesting 3-2-6 dime look with the D-line being Taylor, Thomas & Pace,

- Folk finished practice going 5 for 7

- As practice closed Jenkins got all over a MIA fan. Telling him he was going
"To send his mama a Jet jersey"

This kid Basped is showing out ala Jamaal Westermann last year... I see you
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

AlCROtraz
pimp.gif
Soon as Revis signs, it's a wrap...

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

I'm telling you, Cromartie in man is a damn monster. I can see 2007 Cromartie coming out.
Hope so. This defense is looking damn good in camp so far.

I'm telling you, Cromartie in man is a damn monster. I can see 2007 Cromartie coming out.

He's just too athletic to leave in a zone D like San Diego did. Every complaint I've heard about the schemes in San Diego is that Cromartie didn't get to play enough man. I blame Ted Cottrell, he's had a track record for messing up pass defenses (hell I remember our pass defense got worst year after year when he was our coordinator from 2001-2003). Hell I remember when Jay Fiedler put up over 300 on us the last game in 2003
sick.gif
. Now all Cromartie has to worry about is the man in front of him and he has the size and speed to match up with almost any WR in the league.

He's just too athletic to leave in a zone D like San Diego did. Every complaint I've heard about the schemes in San Diego is that Cromartie didn't get to play enough man. I blame Ted Cottrell, he's had a track record for messing up pass defenses (hell I remember our pass defense got worst year after year when he was our coordinator from 2001-2003). Hell I remember when Jay Fiedler put up over 300 on us the last game in 2003
sick.gif
. Now all Cromartie has to worry about is the man in front of him and he has the size and speed to match up with almost any WR in the league.

HBO's 'Hard Knocks' first installment will not be dominated by holdout of Jets' Darrelle Revis

The news - it's more like a news blackout - surrounding Darrelle Revis' holdout has raised the level of intrigue attached to an upcoming television production entitled "Hard Knocks."

If anyone is counting on this reality show to put a spotlight on this Revis story, think again.

This has not stopped inquiring minds from attempting to crack the code, which could produce significant inside info about this battle of dollars and onions between the Jets and Revis. Or at least provide an advance peek at this HBO show.

An industrious ESPN personality already took an inside route, requesting an afternoon preview for Wednesday, hours before the 10 p.m. debut of "Hard Knocks." Other geniuses have requested a "script" of the first show. There have also been many inquiries designed to find out if the HBO cameras are already glued to Revis' face on some remote island.

"I'm expecting a lot of Revis questions over the next four weeks," HBO Sports boss Ross Greenburg said Thursday. "Even friends are asking me what the Jets' final offer to Revis will be, thinking I have a direct line to Mike (Tannenbaum). Or they think we're already getting stuff on video that will indicate where this negotiation is headed."

Oh, what mystery. Now, we can clear some of it up, albeit only as it pertains to "Hard Knocks." The first show, and subsequent editions, will not be dominated by Revis. As long as the holdout continues it probably will play a minor part of each hour-long episode - especially the first one.

"You can't let it (a holdout story) take over the show. It's not scintillating television to watch people on the telephone engaging in some sort of negotiation," Greenburg said. "There's a chance we might not get more than what everyone's reading in the newspapers. There's no reason to distract from what the core of 'Hard Knocks' is by spending too much time on the Revis situation."

This is music to Tannenbaum's ears. While his pal Greenburg calls the Jets "franchise" an "open book," there are pages Tannenbaum doesn't want turned on national television. This is not to suggest that HBO and NFL Films, the league's video propaganda arm that is shooting and co-producing "Hard Knocks," have conspired to downplay Revis' holdout.

Both outlets have already established credibility covering high-profile money games on "Hard Knocks." In 2008, it was the holdout of Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Last season it was Andre Smith, the Bengals' first-round draft pick. Neither story dominated every installment, but the progress, or lack thereof, was updated appropriately.

This approach, when applied to the Revis-Jets stalemate, won't be appreciated by the local media corps. Obviously, they view the holdout as a major story. Nor will it sit well for Jets fans looking for an inside look into a battle of the buck that could linger and eventually become contentious.

Greenburg, and NFL Films head man Steve Sabol, along with their staffs, have discussed the potential media fallout over handling the Revis story on "Hard Knocks." This all comes with the realization (duh) that the Jets are the biggest-market team to ever appear on the show.

"We know we're under a media microscope," Greenburg said. "But we can't let that - or the Revis thing - take us away from the job at hand."

The extreme vision is turning SUNY-Cortland into some kind of NFL Hollywood. Realistically, it's all about chronicling every aspect of Jets training camp over five hour-long shows. If it should take on the tone of a video train wreck, a whacked reality soap opera (think "Real Housewives of New York" in shoulder pads), so be it.

The mere presence of Rex Ryan puts that prospect in the definite possibility column. With Ryan entering his second season as ring master the only certainty is this: he is a man capable of consistently topping the last outrageous statement leaving his big mouth. He's skilled in the fine art of ticking people off. This may never win him a Super Bowl, but it could win him an Emmy.

The Jets have plenty of characters. They love their wives and lady friends, but mostly get all tingly romancing cameras and microphones - Mark Sanchez, Bart Scott, Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins, Jim Leonhard, to name a few. And can anyone wait to go inside the mysterious world of Vernon Gholston? Maybe HBO will even follow the exploits of Mr. Peepers, Woody Johnson, as he schleps his PSL rap out in public.

As usual with "Hard Knocks," there will be the story of a rookie trying to make it. And one about the precarious plight of a veteran - Kellen Clemens, perhaps? And, as in the past, the crew will come up with something unexpected, a human touch story.

It's all done on the fly. They'll probably finish the first episode by Tuesday, polish it up Wednesday, and transmit it from NFL Films' Mount Laurel, N.J., headquarters to HBO's Manhattan studio late that afternoon. Then, the show will go on.

With or without Darrelle Revis.

HBO's 'Hard Knocks' first installment will not be dominated by holdout of Jets' Darrelle Revis

The news - it's more like a news blackout - surrounding Darrelle Revis' holdout has raised the level of intrigue attached to an upcoming television production entitled "Hard Knocks."

If anyone is counting on this reality show to put a spotlight on this Revis story, think again.

This has not stopped inquiring minds from attempting to crack the code, which could produce significant inside info about this battle of dollars and onions between the Jets and Revis. Or at least provide an advance peek at this HBO show.

An industrious ESPN personality already took an inside route, requesting an afternoon preview for Wednesday, hours before the 10 p.m. debut of "Hard Knocks." Other geniuses have requested a "script" of the first show. There have also been many inquiries designed to find out if the HBO cameras are already glued to Revis' face on some remote island.

"I'm expecting a lot of Revis questions over the next four weeks," HBO Sports boss Ross Greenburg said Thursday. "Even friends are asking me what the Jets' final offer to Revis will be, thinking I have a direct line to Mike (Tannenbaum). Or they think we're already getting stuff on video that will indicate where this negotiation is headed."

Oh, what mystery. Now, we can clear some of it up, albeit only as it pertains to "Hard Knocks." The first show, and subsequent editions, will not be dominated by Revis. As long as the holdout continues it probably will play a minor part of each hour-long episode - especially the first one.

"You can't let it (a holdout story) take over the show. It's not scintillating television to watch people on the telephone engaging in some sort of negotiation," Greenburg said. "There's a chance we might not get more than what everyone's reading in the newspapers. There's no reason to distract from what the core of 'Hard Knocks' is by spending too much time on the Revis situation."

This is music to Tannenbaum's ears. While his pal Greenburg calls the Jets "franchise" an "open book," there are pages Tannenbaum doesn't want turned on national television. This is not to suggest that HBO and NFL Films, the league's video propaganda arm that is shooting and co-producing "Hard Knocks," have conspired to downplay Revis' holdout.

Both outlets have already established credibility covering high-profile money games on "Hard Knocks." In 2008, it was the holdout of Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Last season it was Andre Smith, the Bengals' first-round draft pick. Neither story dominated every installment, but the progress, or lack thereof, was updated appropriately.

This approach, when applied to the Revis-Jets stalemate, won't be appreciated by the local media corps. Obviously, they view the holdout as a major story. Nor will it sit well for Jets fans looking for an inside look into a battle of the buck that could linger and eventually become contentious.

Greenburg, and NFL Films head man Steve Sabol, along with their staffs, have discussed the potential media fallout over handling the Revis story on "Hard Knocks." This all comes with the realization (duh) that the Jets are the biggest-market team to ever appear on the show.

"We know we're under a media microscope," Greenburg said. "But we can't let that - or the Revis thing - take us away from the job at hand."

The extreme vision is turning SUNY-Cortland into some kind of NFL Hollywood. Realistically, it's all about chronicling every aspect of Jets training camp over five hour-long shows. If it should take on the tone of a video train wreck, a whacked reality soap opera (think "Real Housewives of New York" in shoulder pads), so be it.

The mere presence of Rex Ryan puts that prospect in the definite possibility column. With Ryan entering his second season as ring master the only certainty is this: he is a man capable of consistently topping the last outrageous statement leaving his big mouth. He's skilled in the fine art of ticking people off. This may never win him a Super Bowl, but it could win him an Emmy.

The Jets have plenty of characters. They love their wives and lady friends, but mostly get all tingly romancing cameras and microphones - Mark Sanchez, Bart Scott, Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins, Jim Leonhard, to name a few. And can anyone wait to go inside the mysterious world of Vernon Gholston? Maybe HBO will even follow the exploits of Mr. Peepers, Woody Johnson, as he schleps his PSL rap out in public.

As usual with "Hard Knocks," there will be the story of a rookie trying to make it. And one about the precarious plight of a veteran - Kellen Clemens, perhaps? And, as in the past, the crew will come up with something unexpected, a human touch story.

It's all done on the fly. They'll probably finish the first episode by Tuesday, polish it up Wednesday, and transmit it from NFL Films' Mount Laurel, N.J., headquarters to HBO's Manhattan studio late that afternoon. Then, the show will go on.

With or without Darrelle Revis.

woody saying he don't expect revis to play this year
smh.gif

When he was asked in an ESPN interview if he thought Revis would play for the Jets this season, he said, "My gut feeling is, I would say no."

so stupid at this point, i wanna see this done already and get cracking for this season.

Back
Top Bottom