Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

random
laugh.gif

We should've never let go of Moss for Coles. This better be not hinder us from working out contracts (which I doubt it does). If it does it looks like we're putting all our chips into this season (which would be idiotic).

We should've never let go of Moss for Coles. This better be not hinder us from working out contracts (which I doubt it does). If it does it looks like we're putting all our chips into this season (which would be idiotic).

McKnight
roll.gif
smh.gif

How you a RB and can't pass a conditioning drill? Put the weed down, son.
tired.gif

[h2]Jets' Ryan, Tannenbaum get extensions[/h2]

The New York Jets locked up coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum with contract extensions through 2014, the team announced Friday.

The timing is sure to raise eyebrows, considering three of the Jets' best players cornerbackDarrelle Revis, center Nick Mangold and linebacker David Harris -- have been trying for months to negotiate long-term extensions. Revis is so disgruntled that he's strongly weighing a training-camp holdout.

The Tannenbaum deal was completed in June, but it wasn't announced until Friday, when word of Ryan's extension had leaked to the media. Tannenbaum, one of the league's top young executives, received a five-year contract when he was hired in 2006 as the GM. He enhanced his résumé in recent years with several big personnel moves, including the draft-day trade for quarterback Mark Sanchez in 2009.

Wanting to keep Ryan on equal footing with Tannenbaum, owner Woody Johnson added two years to Ryan's contract, ensuring his coach-GM tandem will stay together for at least five years -- unless, of course, somebody gets fired.

Ryan's original deal was four years, $11.5 million.

It isn't clear if Ryan approached management about re-working his contract or vice versa. Coming off last season's unexpected playoff run, the popular coach was in a strong position for bargaining.

It might seem unusual to extend a coach after one season, but it's not unprecedented for the Jets. Johnson extended Herm Edwards after making the playoffs in 2001. Interestingly, he didn't do it for Eric Mangini after he reached the playoffs as a rookie coach in 2006.

Ryan and Tannenbaum are a bit of an odd couple, but Ryan believes that's what makes the relationship work so well.

"I have a great general manager that balances me out," he told an interviewer recently. "He has so much attention to detail, where I might be, 'Ah, don't worry about that [crap], it's overrated.' He's perfect; he's right there for me. ... I'm more big picture and, 'We're going to do things by blunt-force trauma.' Mike balances me out. He's articulate, he's everything. He's an amazing guy. Together, we're a heck of a team.
pimp.gif

Coles coming back def won't hinder any contract talks for any of the key guys...

Him signing is probably just insurance for Holmes' suspension.

McKnight
roll.gif
smh.gif

How you a RB and can't pass a conditioning drill? Put the weed down, son.
tired.gif

[h2]Jets' Ryan, Tannenbaum get extensions[/h2]

The New York Jets locked up coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum with contract extensions through 2014, the team announced Friday.

The timing is sure to raise eyebrows, considering three of the Jets' best players cornerbackDarrelle Revis, center Nick Mangold and linebacker David Harris -- have been trying for months to negotiate long-term extensions. Revis is so disgruntled that he's strongly weighing a training-camp holdout.

The Tannenbaum deal was completed in June, but it wasn't announced until Friday, when word of Ryan's extension had leaked to the media. Tannenbaum, one of the league's top young executives, received a five-year contract when he was hired in 2006 as the GM. He enhanced his résumé in recent years with several big personnel moves, including the draft-day trade for quarterback Mark Sanchez in 2009.

Wanting to keep Ryan on equal footing with Tannenbaum, owner Woody Johnson added two years to Ryan's contract, ensuring his coach-GM tandem will stay together for at least five years -- unless, of course, somebody gets fired.

Ryan's original deal was four years, $11.5 million.

It isn't clear if Ryan approached management about re-working his contract or vice versa. Coming off last season's unexpected playoff run, the popular coach was in a strong position for bargaining.

It might seem unusual to extend a coach after one season, but it's not unprecedented for the Jets. Johnson extended Herm Edwards after making the playoffs in 2001. Interestingly, he didn't do it for Eric Mangini after he reached the playoffs as a rookie coach in 2006.

Ryan and Tannenbaum are a bit of an odd couple, but Ryan believes that's what makes the relationship work so well.

"I have a great general manager that balances me out," he told an interviewer recently. "He has so much attention to detail, where I might be, 'Ah, don't worry about that [crap], it's overrated.' He's perfect; he's right there for me. ... I'm more big picture and, 'We're going to do things by blunt-force trauma.' Mike balances me out. He's articulate, he's everything. He's an amazing guy. Together, we're a heck of a team.
pimp.gif

Coles coming back def won't hinder any contract talks for any of the key guys...

Wasn't a fan of drafting McKnight....and this pretty much backs up my feelings. Jets need to find someone to replace this tool ASAP.

Also, not too high on giving Rex an extension after one year....Jets really overachieved last year and it was a great season, but lets see what he can do with this team and the high expectations first before extending him. All for the Tanny extension though.

Wasn't a fan of drafting McKnight....and this pretty much backs up my feelings. Jets need to find someone to replace this tool ASAP.

Also, not too high on giving Rex an extension after one year....Jets really overachieved last year and it was a great season, but lets see what he can do with this team and the high expectations first before extending him. All for the Tanny extension though.

Originally Posted by Underground54

I read this is one of the reasons why, especially because Coles would be signing for the veteran minimum (or close to it).

-McKnight
smh.gif
Not a good start.
-The Moss/Coles comment MayhemMonkey000 made, I agree. I miss Santana so much.

Originally Posted by Underground54

I read this is one of the reasons why, especially because Coles would be signing for the veteran minimum (or close to it).

-McKnight
smh.gif
Not a good start.
-The Moss/Coles comment MayhemMonkey000 made, I agree. I miss Santana so much.

wheres my boy fizzy ?

dude's like the # 1 jet fan here, season starts officially when he chimes in
laugh.gif

wheres my boy fizzy ?

dude's like the # 1 jet fan here, season starts officially when he chimes in
laugh.gif

Apparently Tannenbaum gave Revis a contract that would make him a "Jet for life", and a "band-aid" contract that would keep him happy for now...
both were obviously declined.
This may get ugly...

Apparently Tannenbaum gave Revis a contract that would make him a "Jet for life", and a "band-aid" contract that would keep him happy for now...
both were obviously declined.
This may get ugly...

i have no idea whats the delay. you know the guys the best, your gonna have to pay him regardless, do it now , make him happy and lets get the season rolling. we don't need this distraction
smh.gif

i have no idea whats the delay. you know the guys the best, your gonna have to pay him regardless, do it now , make him happy and lets get the season rolling. we don't need this distraction
smh.gif

What Tannenbaum forgot to mention is those offers come with little to no up front money/bonuses for 2010, from what I read. Jets PR is really spinning this situation IMO. Revis out played his contract and they promised to a new deal, we've been hearing this way too much for my liking. They have to do what's right, especially for a guy with his talent.

What Tannenbaum forgot to mention is those offers come with little to no up front money/bonuses for 2010, from what I read. Jets PR is really spinning this situation IMO. Revis out played his contract and they promised to a new deal, we've been hearing this way too much for my liking. They have to do what's right, especially for a guy with his talent.

The fact that an offer to keep him a Jet for a life was denied upsets/worries me. The thing is, the Jet fans and media did this to Revis, Revis isn't doing this to himself. It sounds like I am defending Revis, but it's kind of farfetched to have thought he wasn't going to holdout (even if it's just for a short time period).

The fact that an offer to keep him a Jet for a life was denied upsets/worries me. The thing is, the Jet fans and media did this to Revis, Revis isn't doing this to himself. It sounds like I am defending Revis, but it's kind of farfetched to have thought he wasn't going to holdout (even if it's just for a short time period).

the delay for Revis is ridiculous, they can't make an argument that he is not worth top dollar, he is their defense.

15 mil a season for 6 years.

the delay for Revis is ridiculous, they can't make an argument that he is not worth top dollar, he is their defense.

15 mil a season for 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom