OFFICIAL 2010 NFL SEASON THREAD: BREAKING NEWS VIKINGS WAIVE RANDY MOSS

if they go to an 18 game schedule.. does that mean they would change the roster limits as well?

i don't think there needs to be more 2 preseason games anyways..

i don't mind extending the season to 18 games.. only if they extended the roster limits as well and maybe added another bye week for the teams

if they go to an 18 game schedule.. does that mean they would change the roster limits as well?

i don't mind extending the season to 18 games.. only if they extended the roster limits as well and maybe added another bye week for the teams

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I tend to side with the players whenever there is a dispute between players and owners, but I don't see how as a football fan more regular season and less pre-season games isn't a good thing. I know a lot of guys play hurt at the end of the year and that's a concern, but if they increase the active roster size I think it would work.

go ask some players if they want 18 games. read the guys comments who's body are beaten up by an already too long 16 game regular season.

there are RBs who only play 5 yrs in the league  and can barely walk, now add two games to those 5 seasons and thats damn near an extra yr. ridiculous.

just how would you make roster decisions based ony 2 pre-season games ? 2 games to decide roster spots is dumb. the last two pre season games are used to help the starters work they way up into game situations and the 1st two are for players to try adn make the team. so now what? ...

even with extended rosters the end of the yr will be a disaster.  Look at injuries now,  then imagine less playing time in pre season for preparedness then longer schedules.
tired.gif

The NFL is funny as hell. they got all this PR (self manufactured ) for trying to help make the game safer but they want to shorten the life span of their players. what a joke.

and as usual most Fans side with the multi millionaires and believe anything they sell them, this is about Owner greed. thats all its about. not to benefit the game, not to benefit the players, not to benefit the fans. its about selling out 2 extra games and making tv and concession money.

I tend to side with the players whenever there is a dispute between players and owners, but I don't see how as a football fan more regular season and less pre-season games isn't a good thing. I know a lot of guys play hurt at the end of the year and that's a concern, but if they increase the active roster size I think it would work.

go ask some players if they want 18 games. read the guys comments who's body are beaten up by an already too long 16 game regular season.

there are RBs who only play 5 yrs in the league  and can barely walk, now add two games to those 5 seasons and thats damn near an extra yr. ridiculous.

just how would you make roster decisions based ony 2 pre-season games ? 2 games to decide roster spots is dumb. the last two pre season games are used to help the starters work they way up into game situations and the 1st two are for players to try adn make the team. so now what? ...

even with extended rosters the end of the yr will be a disaster.  Look at injuries now,  then imagine less playing time in pre season for preparedness then longer schedules.
tired.gif

The NFL is funny as hell. they got all this PR (self manufactured ) for trying to help make the game safer but they want to shorten the life span of their players. what a joke.

and as usual most Fans side with the multi millionaires and believe anything they sell them, this is about Owner greed. thats all its about. not to benefit the game, not to benefit the players, not to benefit the fans. its about selling out 2 extra games and making tv and concession money.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

tired.gif

Dead on.

Keep 4 preseason games. If they don't want stars hurt in preseason, don't play em. Let the young guys use it for the development. And another thing, why are preseason games the same amount of money as regular season games? Makes no sense at all.

Leave it at 16 games.

They want to make the game safer? Adding to meaningful games where its kill or be killed doesn't help one bit.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

tired.gif

Dead on.

Keep 4 preseason games. If they don't want stars hurt in preseason, don't play em. Let the young guys use it for the development. And another thing, why are preseason games the same amount of money as regular season games? Makes no sense at all.

Leave it at 16 games.

They want to make the game safer? Adding to meaningful games where its kill or be killed doesn't help one bit.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

What do you guys think about 18 GAMES?

I hate it

As a fan I like the idea of more meaningful games but this 18 game proposal is just another avenue for the owners to line their pockets, at the expense of the player's health.
smh.gif

The majority of the players seem to be against it and that is understandable. Two extra games poses increased health risks for them, could shorten their careers and negatively affect their quality of life after football.

If this proposal does go through (and at this point it seems inevitable) the owners better adequately compensate the players for these extra games, which is something I think they don't want to do.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

What do you guys think about 18 GAMES?

I hate it

As a fan I like the idea of more meaningful games but this 18 game proposal is just another avenue for the owners to line their pockets, at the expense of the player's health.
smh.gif

The majority of the players seem to be against it and that is understandable. Two extra games poses increased health risks for them, could shorten their careers and negatively affect their quality of life after football.

If this proposal does go through (and at this point it seems inevitable) the owners better adequately compensate the players for these extra games, which is something I think they don't want to do.

Totally agree with Gunna. The players union is getting !#%!%#.
First the Owners want to add an extra 200 million to the fund they take off the top, before the split is arranged, then they want to offer the same split. And now more regular season games?
They are going to have a league where all the HOF'ers are dead at 60
But that's what they want. Don't let your fandom affect how you feel about this. This %++# could turn into the real life Any Given Sunday, but worse. Be a human first and a fan second. NFL players take risk. But this is def something they as a majority don't want. You cant let fans determine what kind of physical abuse you expose those 1700 + people to.

Totally agree with Gunna. The players union is getting !#%!%#.
First the Owners want to add an extra 200 million to the fund they take off the top, before the split is arranged, then they want to offer the same split. And now more regular season games?
They are going to have a league where all the HOF'ers are dead at 60
But that's what they want. Don't let your fandom affect how you feel about this. This %++# could turn into the real life Any Given Sunday, but worse. Be a human first and a fan second. NFL players take risk. But this is def something they as a majority don't want. You cant let fans determine what kind of physical abuse you expose those 1700 + people to.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Minny fans, school me on Sapp before I break this laptop
mad.gif
laugh.gif
He shows some flashes at times, but he's also a headcase. He's caused the Vikings penalties in the past where he's hit someone when they're already out of bounds or just fights with a player after the play, etc.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Minny fans, school me on Sapp before I break this laptop
mad.gif
laugh.gif
He shows some flashes at times, but he's also a headcase. He's caused the Vikings penalties in the past where he's hit someone when they're already out of bounds or just fights with a player after the play, etc.

Back
Top Bottom