Official 2010 NFL Combine ... $$$$$

How did Chris Cook run a 4.46???

Indiana's (PA) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah will be a second day STEAL. He has the potential to be a solid #2 or nickel corner for years to come. Can be had in the fourth to fifth-rounds.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I told you guys Devin McCourty was gonna show out. He's my boy but from an unbiased football perspective Devin still deserves an early second-round grade. Should be a good #2 corner in the league and you don't draft #2 corners in the first-round. Kid is an athlete but the two major criticisms are: allows too many completions and lack of ball skills.

Someone give me Nate Allen's 40 times please. Chad Jones too.

Why is this even an argument about Taylor Mays? NH dude is a specimen/athletic freak but simply not a good football player. It will take a BRILLIANT defensive-minded HC to work with Mays in the NFL. I'm talking right time/right place kind of deal. I don't see him panning out to be anything special. Him and Earl Thomas will not live up to their first-round selections.
Nate Allen didn't run due to a quad injury, he'll run on March 30 at the USF Pro day. Jones ran a 4.54

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Indiana's (PA) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah will be a second day STEAL. He has the potential to be a solid #2 or nickel corner for years to come. Can be had in the fourth to fifth-rounds.

The Commish thinks 2 days aint enough so it's now a 3rd/4th day steal.
smh.gif

Chad Jones needs to get that time down at the LSU Pro Day (sub-4.5 is possible).

What don't you like about Earl?
I definitely don't want him on the Eagles especially at 24th overall. First concern is his size - smaller frame then you'd like on today's safeties. Second concern is strength - will his body hold up at the next level?

Earl Thomas was a ball hawk at Texas and he had a knack for making plays in college. I'm not sure that will translate to the next level primarily because of the size/strength issues.

Two other minor worries of mine are I don't like what I saw in the NC against Alabama. Thomas was unable to tackle Ingram/Richardson in open space. Also his backpedal technique is flawed (slow and high).

Good value early second-round but chances are he's taken earlier in the first. Don't think Thomas will be a complete bust because he's a much better football player compared to Taylor Mays. However, if someone like the Texans reach for him that would be a shame.

Waits for a particular Longhorn/ET d-rider to emerge.... 

It wouldn't be a reach because the Texans need help across the defensive backfield. Any top prospect would be welcome.

TJ Ward/S/Oregon: Ward ran reasonably well (4.55-range) but itwas his work in drills that really impressed scouts. Considered more ofa straight-line defender, he displayed ball skills that exceededexpectations. Ward changed direction quickly, showed the ability tomove in reverse with no hesitation and looked terrific catching theball.

pimp.gif

115008_feature.jpg

GET PAID, TJ.

I thought I was exaggerating when I said Taylor Mays isnt agile enough to really play man in the NFL. After watching him in shorts and no pads, thus removing all benefit of the doubt, I gotta say I was spot on
laugh.gif
. I hope he does well though I wanna see him blow people up.

Mays has to be a first round pick. His college career was ok. Yeah everybody who says hes not that good right now is right. But guys like Rex Ryan, or a Ozze Newsome will see what he looks like, will see his hits and say I can teach him to be better in coverage and became a real good safety. I wouldnt want him on the jets because we could use a cb, but I can see why a team would take him in the first round.

the clock starts differently, the person manning the timer starts the clock off movement. thats where the discrepancy lies

there's no starters pistol. once u move in the blocks, the clock goes off.

Heat, I was gonna say for the NT Mock we might be able to go all 7 rounds post-Combine. Assuming all the GMs stay as active as the last one. I wanna change teams if there's anything open.

It wouldn't be a reach because the Texans need help across the defensive backfield. Any top prospect would be welcome.
I hear ya, but I would let Dunta walk first off. Then go any combo of corner/safety first 2 rounds. I don't think you want Mays or Earl Thomas with your pick. Rather have P-Rob or Kyle Wilson first-round and a safety second maybe like a Nate Allen. Yes I'm hyping this guy up a lot but he'll prove me right. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

the clock starts differently, the person manning the timer starts the clock off movement. thats where the discrepancy lies

there's no starters pistol. once u move in the blocks, the clock goes off.

So by what you said Stafford Mays moved too early. Right? Cause thats what I thought

My 4th rounder was showin' out today. 
pimp.gif
He looks like he could be great value in the 4th/potential steal.  11' broad jump.
eek.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
...He looked fluid for the most part.  I was very impressed with him.
TJ Ward/S/Oregon: Ward ran reasonably well (4.55-range) but itwas his work in drills that really impressed scouts. Considered more ofa straight-line defender, he displayed ball skills that exceededexpectations. Ward changed direction quickly, showed the ability tomove in reverse with no hesitation and looked terrific catching theball.
As was my 3rd rounder.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Heat, I was gonna say for the NT Mock we might be able to go all 7 rounds post-Combine. Assuming all the GMs stay as active as the last one. I wanna change teams if there's anything open.
If the other GMs have no problem w/it........DONE!

So what's the deal with a possible Tebow to Foxboro Situation?

and possibility of that going down?

but i still think if these 5 guys are there NE should swoop them up

1. Dez Bryant (Lack of consistent 3rd WR)
2. Derrick Morgan (Obvious Pass Rush help)
3. Jerry Hughes (Pass Rush Again)
4. Sergio Kindle (only if they cut Adalius Thomas)
5. Toby Gerhart/CJ Spiller(Maroney is too inconsistent in games)

^ whether we cut AT or not, we need kindle or graham.

i think AT is out tho...i would hope we're that smart

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

So what's the deal with a possible Tebow to Foxboro Situation?

and possibility of that going down?

but i still think if these 5 guys are there NE should swoop them up

1. Dez Bryant (Lack of consistent 3rd WR)
2. Derrick Morgan (Obvious Pass Rush help)
3. Jerry Hughes (Pass Rush Again)
4. Sergio Kindle (only if they cut Adalius Thomas)
5. Toby Gerhart/CJ Spiller(Maroney is too inconsistent in games)
Did I miss something? You have no chance at Dez, Morgan, Kindle, and Spiller...

^ we have a shot at kindle...but i agree, no shot at dez, morgan, or spiller. i mean we could trade up, but i don't think we should for those guys.

Jason Cole talking about WR 1 on WQAM on Monday:

"He is not a motivated kid," he said. "He doesn't understand the discipline or work that goes into being an NFL player. Now he may get it someday, and somebody may get it out of him. But when you have the 12th pick in the draft, you can't take a lot of risk. If you were talking about taking him in the second or third round, OK, you try to work with him. To take him at No. 12 . . . that would scare me.

"You just can't miss anymore in this league with a first-round pick. This kid has 'miss' written all over it. There's nothing worse than an unmotivated guy. He has serious character flaws.

"There's teammates of his who say, 'We weren't worried about him being late for the three hours before the game, we were wondering if he was going to be late for warmups 45 minutes before the game.' "

If you wanna hear it (scroll down til you see this clown's name):

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

Back
Top Bottom