Official 2010 NFL Combine ... $$$$$

Rich Eisen
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I heard mays was a workout freak. But come on 6 foot 3 231lbs and runs a 4.24. That is rediculous. not to mention the 43 in verticle. dude is a player

No he's not. He's average football player at best.
There are guys that are fast (Hayward-Bay) who can't play but Mays went to USC and performed pretty well in 09 he had 88 tackles and 1 pick. I have a hard time believing that he is not going to be at least solid in the nfl. Not saying he is the next Reed or Polamalu but at strong saftey with his ability to tackle he is going to help some Defense in the NFL get better.

He has no football instincts and no ball skills.

good luck.

Joe haden aint no parts no way no how ever playin Safety in the NFL. cross that out your mind.
Haden will be Just fine in the NFL.

by the way, Dexter McCluster ran a 4.06 shuttle
eek.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Stephen Virgil 4.75 forty.

sick.gif
sick.gif
No way he's that slow, unless that knee injury is still lingering. I was gonna guess 4.6+, but good lord. How are you a CB and you let a DE (Worilds) and LB (Grimm) beat you in the 40
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

sick.gif
sick.gif
No way he's that slow, unless that knee injury is still lingering. I was gonna guess 4.6+, but good lord. How are you a CB and you let a DE (Worilds) and LB (Grimm) beat you in the 40
laugh.gif
Everyone knows VT's 40 times are inflated to hell but how the hell did they time Virgil at 4.39? These times VT is putting out is getting out of hand.
"Also had the second-fastest time in the 40 at 4.39"

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
Everyone knows VT's 40 times are inflated to hell but how the hell did they time Virgil at 4.39? These times VT is putting out is getting out of hand.
"Also had the second-fastest time in the 40 at 4.39"

5am tends to think its the fast surface tha tVa Tech runs on.
laugh.gif
it takes at minimumof 3 hundredths of times

I step out for a sec, it's 4.24. I get back, Mays 40 is 4.43? What the ........

laugh.gif

The hate on NT is strong.

Didn't know the NFL was all about passing.  While Mays cover skills are subpar.  He does play the run well, he also tackles well.  Those are football skills and instincts.

The Golden Tate TD grab someone posted awhile back is a perfect example of why it was frustrating to watch T. Mays in coverage.  He was around the ball, he knew the ball was coming.  He didn't hit Tate early, but he waited until Tate had the ball in order to lay the big hit.  If Mays stops trying to go for the bone jarring hit everytime, he might become a decent safety.  In that play if he would've picked his head up and used his athleticism to swat the ball away then he wouldn't have been burned.  Swatting the ball doesn't get you in the Top 10 plays, but it does prevent a TD and it prevents you from looking foolish.

He has a nose for the football even in pass coverage.  It's once the ball gets to the receiver that his fundamentals are +%%*+! up.

If he lands on a team with solid defensive coaching, I think he will be a stud.  I don't feel he was utilized correctly at USC.  If he goes to the Raiders, then Game Over (not in a good way either
laugh.gif
).

I'm not a fan of Joe Haden *shrugs*.  I wouldn't care, but everyone has him pegged to be a 9er
ohwell.gif

Sorry BN, I don't like your two first round mock picks
laugh.gif

Didn't know the NFL was all about passing.  While Mays cover skills are subpar.  He does play the run well, he also tackles well.  Those are football skills and instincts.

Umm...he plays safety. His primary responsibility is to defend against the pass. duh.

A safety's ability to play in the box should be an additional dimension to compliment his coverage skills. Not his only dimension.

I think he could be a good weakside LB though.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif

The hate on NT is strong.

The Golden Tate TD grab someone posted awhile back is a perfect example of why it was frustrating to watch T. Mays in coverage.  He was around the ball, he knew the ball was coming.  He didn't hit Tate early, but he waited until Tate had the ball in order to lay the big hit.  If Mays stops trying to go for the bone jarring hit everytime, he might become a decent safety.  In that play if he would've picked his head up and used his athleticism to swat the ball away then he wouldn't have been burned.  Swatting the ball doesn't get you in the Top 10 plays, but it does prevent a TD and it prevents you from looking foolish.

He has a nose for the football even in pass coverage.  It's once the ball gets to the receiver that his fundamentals are +%%*+! up.

If he lands on a team with solid defensive coaching, I think he will be a stud.  I don't feel he was utilized correctly at USC.  If he goes to the Raiders, then Game Over (not in a good way either
laugh.gif
).

I'm not a fan of Joe Haden *shrugs*.  I wouldn't care, but everyone has him pegged to be a 9er
ohwell.gif

Sorry BN, I don't like your two first round mock picks
laugh.gif
To be completely honest, I haven't seen Mays enough to really have an input...but you do realize he's a Safety right?

I don't know, you would think that he'd either have instincts and developed better ability in pass coverage if a team is going to use a high pick on him to play Safety in the NFL.

Doesn't USC have enough coaching to have worked on his coverage skills or is he ever really gonna learn?  I think it goes back either earlier in the thread or somewhere else in the S&T forum to some people claiming he could "develop" instinct.  He's like 21 or 22, isn't he?

If they try to move him to WLB, and make him gain weight, I don't think it will benefit the team that is going to take a chance on him or T. Mays.

Umm...he plays safety. His primary responsibility is to defend against the pass. duh.
Not arguing that, or his subpar cover skills.

However saying he has no football skills or no instincts is absurd.  His fundamentals are bad, however with the right coaching he can work on that.

Doesn't USC have enough coaching to have worked on his coverage skills or is he ever really gonna learn?  I think it goes back either earlier in the thread or somewhere else in the S&T forum to some people claiming he could "develop" instinct.  He's like 21 or 22, isn't he?

I think he got Tim Tebow'ed at USC.  However the learning curve is still there at the Safety position.  As I mentioned earlier, he has the instincts, he has fundamental flaws in his game.

Constantly going for the hit instead of the ball is fundamental.

We'll see, he is definitely a project, but he is not as bad as some of you are making it seem
laugh.gif

hate? laughable

with the right coaching? so he wasnt coached up at USC? so every other LB and safety who goes into the NFL from USC is well ahead of the curve except him because of coaching ... U can sell that %!@# to someone else who doesnt pay attention

we'll see on how he turns out, 98% of the time players who werent good in college arent good in the pros I'll leave it at that.

My biggest problem with Taylor is that he wasn't really good against the run either.

You gotta make tackles if you want to be considered a big hitter. Dude whiffed way too much.

I hope for his sake that the Raiders don't pick him. Dude probably went and told the guys to change his forty from 4.24 to 4.4 just to try and avoid Al Davis
laugh.gif

DeadsetAce, do u watch college football? u seen Taylor Mays play?

laugh.gif
the other day rich said he was gonna rock Pradas cus its lighter for his running
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Constantly going for the hit instead of the ball is fundamental.

We'll see, he is definitely a project, but he is not as bad as some of you are making it seem
laugh.gif

Have you stopped and actually thought that maybe Mays that bad of a football player and you've been blinded by his athletic ability. These guys doing you a favor by letting you know whats up before you go out and buy a Taylor Mays Raider jersey and make yourself regret that purchase
laugh.gif

Taylor Mays = Jigglypuff ,even his fourty time knew whats up by going 4.2 to 4.4
I just feel that if he were to learned these "fundamentals" he would've learned them a long long time ago.....
What it comes down to is instincts and smarts outworks them numbers, Dez runs a 4.5 at best and he hands down the best skill player in the Draft.
Haden is a <Brian Dawkins>"doggawnn beast", moving to safety child please tsk,tsk.
What's the word on P. Cox?? Aint been hearing fond things...

School Pro Days>NFL Combine
Lineman beasted though
pimp.gif

DeadsetAce, do u watch college football? u seen Taylor Mays play?
i wasn't necessarily disagreeing with your view on mays...
and yeah i do watch college football..i don't have a sat comm center like you so im not watching 15 games a weekend tho 
laugh.gif

I wasnt asking that to see if u disagreed with me, I wanted your opinion. I figured u must have one since u posted that pic since I guess u think people are just repeating what I say (which was sorta parrot-like on your part dont u think? )

Eisen vs. Jacoby Ford.....................
eek.gif

Eisen vs. Mount Cody....................
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
the head starts killed it for me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom