Official 2010 NFL Combine ... $$$$$

Taylor Mays = Jigglypuff ,even his fourty time knew whats up by going 4.2 to 4.4
That official time was jacked up... they showed his run next to Ford and Holliday... He was faster than Holliday who ran  a 4.34 and just slower than ford who ran 4.28...

that puts him between 4.29 and 4.33 for his time.

And just by watching him explode out of the blocks and run, he was one of the fastest out there. Dude was blazing.

My boy said NFL net been ssynchin up runs together with some of the faster players together, have they done a mays/Spiller/Ford I totally missed it

*edit , fraj answered before I asked.

but the clock starts differently on the runs. its off first movement so its kinda hard to be exact. so a guy who moves their arm or leg first before comign out the blocks are at a disadvantage with the clock.

so that could set off a difference

How bout the super slow-mo of Suh's 40 lookin like Kung Fu Panda all jiggly in the face
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Taylor Mays = Jigglypuff ,even his fourty time knew whats up by going 4.2 to 4.4
That official time was jacked up... they showed his run next to Ford and Holliday... He was faster than Holliday who ran  a 4.34 and just slower than ford who ran 4.28...

that puts him between 4.29 and 4.33 for his time.

And just by watching him explode out of the blocks and run, he was one of the fastest out there. Dude was blazing.

And your point is....He has a fast fourty, but he was looking like this and the end of drives
tired.gif

Maybe the electronically timed sensors broke only for Taylor Mays run
laugh.gif

My point is he ran faster than 4.43 or w.e the official time was, I dont know how you missed my point...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I wasnt asking that to see if u disagreed with me, I wanted your opinion. I figured u must have one since u posted that pic since I guess u think people are just repeating what I say (which was sorta parrot-like on your part dont u think? )
laugh.gif

you know that happens tho, you can't deny it. 

as far as mays...i tend to lean more to what iron man is saying. you put him on a team with a legit safety and you coach him to not always try and blow people up, and he can become a good player. he's got the tools to do it. he just needs some discipline. he needs to change his style (not sure thats the right word - but get down to fundamentals). but the size and speed and athleticism, god damn there's gotta be a coach in the nfl or current saftey that can help turn this guy into at least legit safety. im not saying he's gonna be a perennial pro bowler, but i wouldn't write him off yet. that's all. 

i think if you take a gamble on him, you need someone he can learn from already running ship out there. 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

My point is he ran faster than 4.43 or w.e the official time was, I dont know how you missed my point...
reading comprehension isnt his strong point. must be bigmikes younger brother.

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Stephen Virgil 4.75 forty.

sick.gif
sick.gif
No way he's that slow, unless that knee injury is still lingering. I was gonna guess 4.6+, but good lord. How are you a CB and you let a DE (Worilds) and LB (Grimm) beat you in the 40
laugh.gif
Everyone knows VT's 40 times are inflated to hell but how the hell did they time Virgil at 4.39? These times VT is putting out is getting out of hand.
"Also had the second-fastest time in the 40 at 4.39"

5am tends to think its the fast surface tha tVa Tech runs on.
laugh.gif
it takes at minimumof 3 hundredths of times
Shiiiiiiiieee
laugh.gif

Come on though, Virgil had a nagging knee injury all of last season and barely even practiced for a good part of the year. Of course he isn't posting no damn 4.39. Plus he was never that fast to begin with.

But I'm still not letting that go, the difference between running on a normal track surface and ours isn't as insignificant as you think.

And your boy Cody Grimm posted the 2nd best 3 cone drill among all players at the combine
pimp.gif

INDIANAPOLIS -- NFL decision makers and scouts gathered at Lucas Oil Stadium today for the final day of the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine. They were on hand to watch the 58 defensive backs who were invited to work out.

Taylor Mays' workout at the combine will be one talked about for a long time, and with good reason. After weighing in at 230 pounds, Mays completed 24 reps on the bench press, then ran a 40 that most scouts clocked at 4.32 seconds. Normally those numbers would elevate a prospect towards the top of the draft, but we contend that won't be the case with Mays.

During drills, Mays was in poor form. As fast as he was moving forwards, Mays was terribly slow moving in reverse. It was similar to his performance at the Senior Bowl in January. Mays looked uncomfortable backpedaling during drills and one scout called his defensive back fundamentals "just bad." When asked to change direction, Mays would come to a complete stop then start up again. The contrast between Mays and players such as Earl Thomas and T.J. Ward, who lost little momentum changing direction, was striking.

Poor performances in Mobile and Indianapolis do not mean Mays won't be productive in the NFL. It does mean he will be limited to certain systems that don't require him to play man coverage or make plays sideline-to-sideline. In other words Mays is likely to go later in the draft than someone with his measurables usually would.

INDIANAPOLIS -- NFL decision makers and scouts gathered at Lucas Oil Stadium today for the final day of the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine. They were on hand to watch the 58 defensive backs who were invited to work out.

Taylor Mays' workout at the combine will be one talked about for a long time, and with good reason. After weighing in at 230 pounds, Mays completed 24 reps on the bench press, then ran a 40 that most scouts clocked at 4.32 seconds. Normally those numbers would elevate a prospect towards the top of the draft, but we contend that won't be the case with Mays.

During drills, Mays was in poor form. As fast as he was moving forwards, Mays was terribly slow moving in reverse. It was similar to his performance at the Senior Bowl in January. Mays looked uncomfortable backpedaling during drills and one scout called his defensive back fundamentals "just bad." When asked to change direction, Mays would come to a complete stop then start up again. The contrast between Mays and players such as Earl Thomas and T.J. Ward, who lost little momentum changing direction, was striking.

Poor performances in Mobile and Indianapolis do not mean Mays won't be productive in the NFL. It does mean he will be limited to certain systems that don't require him to play man coverage or make plays sideline-to-sideline. In other words Mays is likely to go later in the draft than someone with his measurables usually would.

laugh.gif

His footwork was buns changing direction off the back pedal... arms were flying when he made a 3/4 turn

I told you guys Devin McCourty was gonna show out. He's my boy but from an unbiased football perspective Devin still deserves an early second-round grade. Should be a good #2 corner in the league and you don't draft #2 corners in the first-round. Kid is an athlete but the two major criticisms are: allows too many completions and lack of ball skills.

Someone give me Nate Allen's 40 times please. Chad Jones too.

Why is this even an argument about Taylor Mays? NH dude is a specimen/athletic freak but simply not a good football player. It will take a BRILLIANT defensive-minded HC to work with Mays in the NFL. I'm talking right time/right place kind of deal. I don't see him panning out to be anything special. Him and Earl Thomas will not live up to their first-round selections.

Back
Top Bottom