Official 2010 NFL Combine ... $$$$$

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Anyone watch yesterday last night when Marshall Faulk essentially tore into Florida/Urban Meyer for basically using Tim Tebow?
That had me laughing. The other dude was hyping Tebow up and then analyzed his mistakes in the Senior Bowl film that proved all of Marshall's points.
laugh.gif

The whole UF/Meyer destroyed Tebow is getting really ridiculous.  Winning a Heisman trophy, 2 Nat'l Championships, and potentially being a 1st pick is hardly being destroyed.  As far as his mechanics are concerned, these coaches have so few interaction time with these players that if Tebow's current motion was winning game after game after game, then why change it during the season.  If Meyer tweaked his motion, and it cost UF games, then he is essentially saying that one player is so much bigger than the team, and that is not the case.  Meyer's major obligation towards this program is winning games AT UF, so he can not put what is so little time into making sure Tebow's throwing motion is NFL ready over the team winning games.

Originally Posted by rawjs

The whole UF/Meyer destroyed Tebow is getting really ridiculous.  Winning a Heisman trophy, 2 Nat'l Championships, and potentially being a 1st pick is hardly being destroyed.  As far as his mechanics are concerned, these coaches have so few interaction time with these players that if Tebow's current motion was winning game after game after game, then why change it during the season.  If Meyer tweaked his motion, and it cost UF games, then he is essentially saying that one player is so much bigger than the team, and that is not the case.  Meyer's major obligation towards this program is winning games AT UF, so he can not put what is so little time into making sure Tebow's throwing motion is NFL ready over the team winning games.

I totally disagree.

It is Urban Meyers Job to make Tim Tebow the best football player he can be.
they taught him nothing. they did nothing with his mechanics.

the idea of "we're winning, so Im not gonna teach Tim new stuff is bogus"

Bobby Knight was on Mike & Mike blasting Urban Meyer and Bill Curry (who came on defending Meyer)  for subscribing to that thinking. Im so glad I caught that episode too
pimp.gif

Knight likened it to having a basketball player who can get to the basket whenever he wants on the collegiate level. Knight said he felt it was his duty as a TEACHER to make sure the kid worked on his jumper to better prepare himself and to be a better basketball player.

I dunno how much football yall have played but 100% of coaches tell u everyday, Everyday u should be trying to make yourself a better football player.

and in this instance, Urban Meyer failed Tim Tebow Miserably.

there was ample time and  opportunity for the coaches  to help Tebow , 3 different spring balls and  3 different summers... 

they chose to sit and do nothing.
Shame on them

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Anyone watch yesterday last night when Marshall Faulk essentially tore into Florida/Urban Meyer for basically using Tim Tebow?
Damn, I missed it. but that is essentially what Meyer did.

Its Urbans job to win games at Florida. Period. If his QB is winning games and performing how the team needs him to, then why change it? What if Myer changes Tebow's technique and it ends up tanking the Gators season? Then what? The boosters and fans would be all over the coaches back for not having a great season.

These college programs and coaches have no commitment to the NFL to develop players. If the NFL wants to develop players then organize a minor league system or something. Myer made Tebow's college playing experience the best he could while he was at Florida and that is all that matters.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I totally disagree.

It is Urban Meyers Job to make Tim Tebow the best football player he can be.
they taught him nothing. they did nothing with his mechanics.

the idea of "we're winning, so Im not gonna teach Tim new stuff is bogus"

Bobby Knight was on Mike & Mike blasting Urban Meyer and Bill Curry (who came on defending Meyer)  for subscribing to that thinking. Im so glad I caught that episode too
pimp.gif

Knight likened it to having a basketball player who can get to the basket whenever he wants on the collegiate level. Knight said he felt it was his duty as a TEACHER to make sure the kid worked on his jumper to better prepare himself and to be a better basketball player.

I dunno how much football yall have played but 100% of coaches tell u everyday, Everyday u should be trying to make yourself a better football player.

and in this instance, Urban Meyer failed Tim Tebow Miserably.

there was ample time and  opportunity for the coaches  to help Tebow , 3 different spring balls and  3 different summers... 

they chose to sit and do nothing.
Shame on them

Sorry Gunna, gotta disagree with you here, and I do respect your opinion on these boards.  If messing around with Tebow's mechanics were going to be a detriment to the Florida Gators, then Urban Meyer needs to leave them (I believe our record since Tebow was at UF supports this).  Meyer's loyalties extend way beyond Tim Tebow, despite what he has brought to this University both as a player and as a student.  And, if this coaching staff was so inept in putting guys in the league, then how come they have turned a converted QB into the number one CB in this upcoming draft, not to mention putting countless players into the league.  Again, with the limited time these coaches have to work with these players, they can not go out of their way to fix an NFL issue at the expense of their team. 

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Its Urbans job to win games at Florida. Period. If his QB is winning games and performing how the team needs him to, then why change it? What if Myer changes Tebow's technique and it ends up tanking the Gators season? Then what? The boosters and fans would be all over the coaches back for not having a great season.

These college programs and coaches have no commitment to the NFL to develop players. If the NFL wants to develop players then organize a minor league system or something. Myer made Tebow's college playing experience the best he could while he was at Florida and that is all that matters.
This

Yeah and for all that %@@% Urban Meyer talks about how Tebow is like a son to him and all that.

What baffles me is the video of  Tebow working on his new throwing motion. Tim did interviews with basically everybody talking about how his motion really didn't change much and all that.
If Meyer tweaked his motion, and it cost UF games, then he isessentially saying that one player is so much bigger than the team, andthat is not the case.  Meyer's major obligation towards this program iswinning games AT UF, so he can not put what is so little time intomaking sure Tebow's throwing motion is NFL ready over the team winninggames.
Not buying that. If Meyer would've used even one of those 6 chances that Gunna mention then Florida theoretically would have been a better team.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

This

Yes, so why do coaches go out and talk to NFL scouts to get their read on their players and see if they should go to the pros or stay for another year??

You don't think Urban would have liked Percy in Gainesville for one more year, or Richt would have liked for Moreno to stay for another year? Of course they would, but they helped them make the best decisions for themselves.

UF spent all of this year talking about how they were going to work on his delivery and how Addazio was going to help Tebow become a better passer. Do you not remember this?? When did it happen?

Meyer did do him wrong. Can you honestly say that there was an improvement in Tebow from the title in 09 to the end of this season? What was the point of him even staying his senior year?

you guys are fools if you think teaching Tebow better Mechanics would make them lose games.
yeah, its not about developing a NFL player, its about making players better. TIm Tebow with proper mechanics is 100% a better QB than Tebow is right now. Tim Tebow being able to throw accurately and on times would also make for better play on the field. better play leads to ...

and btw Winning is NOT Urban's or anyother coaches lone responsibility. that is the reason why a coach must have a degree in order to coach. they are as much a Teacher as any other faculty member at that university.

any coach out there not teaching his players to be better, is not fulfilling his job description.

I'm not comparing the two players, bc I believe that Phil will be a better QB then Tim, but if you remember, everyone was throwing a fit over Phil Rivers's throwing motion when he was coming into the league. I know that he was still projected as the 1st or 2nd QB with Eli Manning, but scouts were whining that his throw was not considered a good "nfl motion". Apparently, his release still allows the ball to get to Wr's. The next knock is playing in the Shotgun throughout College. Again, I am not saying Tim will be as good as this guy, as this guy will be an NFL Hall of Famer for sure, but Drew Brees played exclusively in the Shotgun at Purdue. Also, Brees lacked ideal height for an NFL QB. I think the evidence today supports itself that sometimes these scouts aren't as good as they think they are.
With all this being said, Tebow might be a complete bust at QB or he could end up being a great one. Time will only tell for sure, but these knocks on him are a little excessive. And, again, to say the coaches failed him at UF is bs.

the guys u named are completely diff. situations because they all delivered the ball on time and with precision accuracy.
Rivers just has a different release, everything up to the ball releasing is impeccable. Tebow's set up, footwork, delivery and release are all bad, without even mentioning his lack of accuracy

you guys are fools if you think teaching Tebow better Mechanics would make them lose games.
yeah, its not about developing a NFL player, its about making players better. TIm Tebow with proper mechanics is 100% a better QB than Tebow is right now. Tim Tebow being able to throw accurately and on times would also make for better play on the field. better play leads to ...

and btw Winning is NOT Urban's or anyother coaches lone responsibility. that is the reason why a coach must have a degree in order to coach. they are as much a Teacher as any other faculty member at that university.

any coach out there not teaching his players to be better, is not fulfilling his job description.
[table][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Florida Gators[/td][td]14[/td][td]172.4[/td][td]298[/td][td]192[/td][td]64.4[/td][td]2747[/td][td]30[/td][td]4[/td][td]15[/td][td]176[/td][td]673[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Florida Gators[/td][td]14[/td][td]155.6[/td][td]304[/td][td]213[/td][td]70.1[/td][td]2895[/td][td]21[/td][td]5[/td][td]25[/td][td]217[/td][td]910[/td][td]14 
[/td][/tr][/table]
Oh, and by the way, that 70% up there was w/out Harvin and Murphy (2 NFL WR's), so your accuracy arugment is null.

As far as being a teacher, would you like me to list what Tebow has won while he was here, I can do that.

Why don't we wait till he is a complete bust or a winning QB to finish this conversation bc we are certaintly not going to see eye-to-eye on it

These college programs and coaches have no commitment to the NFL to develop players.
The commitment is to the players.

Unless you think Urban Meyer is selling these recruits on playing 4 years at Florida and then selling insurance.

I'm not comparing the two players, bc I believe that Phil will be a better QB then Tim, but if you remember, everyone was throwing a fit over Phil Rivers's throwing motion when he was coming into the league. I know that he was still projected as the 1st or 2nd QB with Eli Manning, but scouts were whining that his throw was not considered a good "nfl motion". Apparently, his release still allows the ball to get to Wr's. The next knock is playing in the Shotgun throughout College. Again, I am not saying Tim will be as good as this guy, as this guy will be an NFL Hall of Famer for sure, but Drew Brees played exclusively in the Shotgun at Purdue. Also, Brees lacked ideal height for an NFL QB. I think the evidence today supports itself that sometimes these scouts aren't as good as they think they are.
With all this being said, Tebow might be a complete bust at QB or he could end up being a great one. Time will only tell for sure, but these knocks on him are a little excessive. And, again, to say the coaches failed him at UF is bs.
but both of those players were absurdly accurate QB's in college & threw the ball way more, so you can't compare them. Tim was throwing like 20 passes a game.

Brees & Rivers were throwing 30+ passes in games and passing for over 70%.

Good NFL coaches adjust their schemes and plays if they have a QB that can execute. You don't think the Purdue & NC State coaches weren't working on them to make sure that they could make all the NFL throws on time, and quickly.

You can say Rivers looks like he chucks the ball at his receivers, but he gets it out there quickly.

Remember Dre Woodson, midway through his senior year, he was supposed to be a top 5-10 pick, and then scouts started to break down his slow delivery and where is he now?

70 percent on screens to Aaron Hernandez doesn't really do it for me though.  Come on. 

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of what both of you are arguing, but showing a worthless stat is a little not smart. 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
null?
Tebow is NOT an accurate passer.

Im off that subject because there's nothing to gain here because the FLorida fan in you wont let u see that Tebow is not a QB who puts passes into windows over the middle or throws dart out routes.

anyway why is Harry Coleman running with LBs?

Cody Grimm 4.57 might be too small in the league tho

Weatherspoon and Daryl Washington have put some more $ in their pockets.

pimp.gif
Norwood wit a 4.6
eek.gif
I thought he would weigh in at more than 245 tho

^Last part on the subject. I'm not saying he won't be able, I just don't think it is a fair statement to say that Meyer failed him. Period. I discussing with you on here, bc I feel you do know a lot about football, whether I think you are right or wrong, or if I think your argument is good or bad.

As far as Weatherspoon, kid is gonna be a balla

[table][tr][td]2008[/td][td]Florida Gators[/td][td]14[/td][td]172.4[/td][td]298[/td][td]192[/td][td]64.4[/td][td]2747[/td][td]30[/td][td]4[/td][td]15[/td][td]176[/td][td]673[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]Florida Gators[/td][td]14[/td][td]155.6[/td][td]304[/td][td]213[/td][td]70.1[/td][td]2895[/td][td]21[/td][td]5[/td][td]25[/td][td]217[/td][td]910[/td][td]14 
[/td][/tr][/table]
Oh, and by the way, that 70% up there was w/out Harvin and Murphy (2 NFL WR's), so your accuracy arugment is null.

As far as being a teacher, would you like me to list what Tebow has won while he was here, I can do that.

Why don't we wait till he is a complete bust or a winning QB to finish this conversation bc we are certaintly not going to see eye-to-eye on it

Pointing those numbers out doesnt even make sense. Gunnas 100% right, if he was as accurate as those numebrs suggest he would be a top ten pick. He has the arm but is nowhere near accurate. Sorry but 5-10 yard passes and screens out of option plays dont matter.

anyone see B Lee? not sure who he is but #21

dude didnt even try on the "shuffle drill"...not sure what the drill is called

like why are you not going all out

Back
Top Bottom