OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

smh.gif

i dont know what i hate more.. YUKU or the 9th inning of this game..

i cant stand this AOL 2.0 lag i have to deal with.. its 2010 man.. get this site working normally so i can grieve with my fellow fans of the blue..

its getting old.

sherrill better have just walked out the stadium.. dont even pack up your gear.. just go.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

What happen to my dude brox that sherrill had to come in?

You missed it?  
Don Mattingly took 1 trip to the mound to talk to Brox, after the chat was over, he proceeded to head back to the dugout, when Loney yelled something at him, which made him turn around back to the mound.   Bruce Bochy made light of this to the ump, so the ump credited Mattingly with 2 mound visits, as a result, they were forced to pull Brox. 

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

the point is this, you can develop all the prospects you want. if they turn out to be any good, you have to pay them. its impossible to stay at a lower payroll even if you develop your own talent. that is, if you are trying to be a contending team.
Right, but they play for the minimum for the first 3 years and then are cost controlled for the next 3. And on top of that, if they are so good that you can't keep them then you can trade them. Look at what the Rangers got for Texeira.

If you develop talent consistently then what you're talking about isn't a problem at all. In fact, what you're talking about reminds me a lot of the Yankees period of fail from 2001 until last year. They developed one of the best crops of youngsters with Jeter, Williams, Posada, Petite and Rivera and decided to say %%+% it and traded every prospect they could for rentals at the trade deadline and gave out ridiculous contracts to free agent off-season after off-season. It wasn't until the past couple of years when they began to focus on spending money in the draft and not trading prospects wildly did they return to the spot that they paid for.

Just glad this game is about to be over.

Something seriously needs to change, they keep free falling down the standings.

BN mattingly went out to talk to brox. As he's walking away from the mound, loney asks him a question, mattingly turns around to answer it. That is considered a 2nd trip and 2 trips to the mound you have to take out the pitcher

I've learned from the past couple of years to take the Dodgers annual mid-year losing streak that usually involves a trip to St. Louis to not count anything out. That said, things aren't lookin' too good right now.

I blame it on the divorce
ohwell.gif

Na still @ work, off at 11p.

Just refreshing on espn saw bases loaded with brox and then sherrill came in.

this team is doomed.

The thought that crossed my mind as I stand at my seat in confusion as Sherrill came out was that it wouldn't be a bad year to become sellers.

Tear me a new one, @$!# it. But IMO with the right return (I am fully aware Ned is still out GM) I wouldn't shy away from letting one or two of the big guys go.

A desperation move is going to happen before or at the deadline.

As far as trades go, anyone can go except Ethier, Kemp and Kershaw.

Back
Top Bottom