Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

I'm not saying Amundson and Udoh are game-changers, but they could at least help us out a little inside. When all you have is Biedrins inside basically, there's a problem.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Paul, if you have time...

0:38-0:42

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Good job. You found it. Yeah, I'll make the avy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by What up

That's great insight, Andrew. Can you give me a quick scouting report on Perry Jones? I read nbadraft.net's take. Now I want your take.
Great insight, what did I even say?

I saw all his nbadraft.net stuff as well, and he looked very explosive in that Las Vegas video. He probably will be a below average on-ball defender when he makes it to the league and a very average defender at best (see Anthony Randolph). I would compare his offensive game to Austin Daye but with a little more creating ability and more explosiveness. I do not see the T-Mac comparisons at all, and he flails his opposing arm in a really weird fashion when he goes up for an one-hand dunk (doesn't really matter, I just noticed). I only caught one game of his at Baylor and he was very average, but he protected the rim and got on the boards better than I expected. From the shots and minutes that he's been putting up, I think he's gonna be a one and done candidate at Baylor (to good of a potential draft spot to pass up, imo). I just caught highlights of his last game as I'm typing this and they didn't mention him at all. Looks like he can disappear from games at times, he's young and still learning I guess.

3 game road trip are very winnable. If they win all three it should give them the confidence again and with Lee getting back in the swing of things we should be alright.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

3 game road trip are very winnable. If they win all three it should give them the confidence again and with Lee getting back in the swing of things we should be alright.
That's wishful thinking.

I know it wouldn't have done much with how hot Denver was from the perimeter last night, but anyone else think the current team should be looking at more 3-2 as a change of pace? Only problem is how much more our rebounding will suffer in the zone. Seems like the opposition is getting into the paint for free every time. 

They tripled team the guy in the post and they still couldn't stop them. smh With Melo deadly from anywhere on the court it doesn't matter what defensive set you run.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Jeremy Lin slides his feet on defense VERY well.

pimp.gif
He's pretty solid on defense, kinda scrappy. Probably his biggest strength right now...

Agreed.

Anyway, the problem with us is we are getting NO easy shots.  With David Lee out, we get no easy put backs or pick and roll baskets. 

The two biggest flaws this year, imo, have been unforced turnovers and the inability to get to the line.  Those things need to change ASAP!

Lin is NOT solid on defense. What game are you watching? Dude jumps at every opportunity to get a block/steal leaving his man to cut to the basket.

7-7 huh

i think were missing some 3 pt shooters weve had a ton for the last 3 years and now cj morrow azubuike and george are gone so we're struggling shooting 3s. i want to see how high jeremy lin can jump
smokin.gif
Lin's gotta develop his shot and even work on a consistent 3. let's go

Lin is NOT solid on defense. What game are you watching? Dude jumps at every opportunity to get a block/steal leaving his man to cut to the basket.
I only said he slides his feet well on defense.

don't think so.

they're taking and converting roughly the same amount of FG and 3PT tries as the year before, the largest difference so far is 4 FT attempts and makes less per game when compared to last year.

Lin overhelps sometimes leaving his man open but when it comes to guarding his man on the ball he does all right.  His lateral mobility is good.  I think where he needs work on the most is his jump shot.  When he's on the floor you can see his teammates don't trust his shot it's never swung his way even if his man sags. 

Y'all need David Lee back asap it looks ugly. 

It's too easy to guard y'all right now the opponents just pack it in the paint and guys not named Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry chuck it up
sick.gif

That's great.  Except I wasn't talking to you.

That's great.  Except I wasn't talking to you. 
I assume you're talking to me, white boy...

but as a rookie, that's what he's best at so far. He's a good energy player that can't shoot, at this point.

Yea, I was talking to you - the only person in here that doesn't know their %#@ from a hole in the ground.

Im not normally in agreement with 715, but he is right on here. Jeremy Lin is NOT good on defense. He isnt good at all. I am hoping and praying this kid turns out, but I wouldnt bet on it. He looks lost more often than he looks comfortable, and he probably would be in the D League if he was on any other team in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom