Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Originally Posted by Luong1209

All the info on page 4 
pimp.gif
Very informative.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Fog Raw

Jeremy Lin
pimp.gif
, he's gonna do it big this year.
Word, I'll be really pulling for dude
smokin.gif

Acid, you from TW?
nerd.gif
And I heard you played ball with Lin. How is he as a person? I saw dude in Taiwan, but that was about it. He's carrying Taiwan on the shoulders right now... Everyone back home is proud of him
smokin.gif

Yeah, I'm Taiwanese but I was born here, my parents are from Taiwan. Back in like 2000-2002ish when I played against him, I thought he was a little bit cocky, arrogant, but everyone knew he was good and respected him (certainly, no one expected him to be in the NBA).
It's like the first person from Silicon Valley, in our generation and same cultural background, to make it huge in something besides academics.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I truly believe him making it will allow future Asian-Americans to have more chances to make it in basketball, no matter how he does in the NBA.
Oh, no doubt about that 
smokin.gif
JLin will definitely make an impact.

It's still an improvement from last season. If Charlie Bell can play decent defense and hit the occasional open jumper, I will be happy. Amundson should be an energy player off the bench (Turiaf's job last year but he was always injured), and if Brandan Wright can actually stay healthy I'm pretty confident he'll be a good player. I'm sure we all seen the improvement he was making before he got hurt and that was almost 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by Fog Raw

Jeremy Lin
pimp.gif
, he's gonna do it big this year.
Word, I'll be really pulling for dude
smokin.gif

Acid, you from TW?
nerd.gif
And I heard you played ball with Lin. How is he as a person? I saw dude in Taiwan, but that was about it. He's carrying Taiwan on the shoulders right now... Everyone back home is proud of him
smokin.gif

Yeah, I'm Taiwanese but I was born here, my parents are from Taiwan. Back in like 2000-2002ish when I played against him, I thought he was a little bit cocky, arrogant, but everyone knew he was good and respected him (certainly, no one expected him to be in the NBA).
It's like the first person from Silicon Valley, in our generation and same cultural background, to make it huge in something besides academics.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I truly believe him making it will allow future Asian-Americans to have more chances to make it in basketball, no matter how he does in the NBA.
you know damn well that's the same story acid is gonna tell his kids.

[h1]Warriors practicing hard, just not as often[/h1]

Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle October 5, 2010 04:00 AM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Prod

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It might be a little disconcerting for Warriors fans to know that a team coming off a 26-win season and with an overhauled roster being asked to jell in a flash didn't use its complete allotment of two-a-day practices and isn't working out at all today.

Coach Keith Smart wants to quell any concern immediately: "We're going to be a hardworking team in practice," he said. "Everything is going to be structured in a way that we are always on the move.

"I don't waste time. I just get things done."

Smart could have just let his players' gaits do the talking for him.

Dorell Wright has been through six of Pat Riley's preseasons, noted as boot camps instead of training camps. The wing said Smart's training camp is of the same ilk.

Dan Gadzuric hobbled out of a practice this weekend with a stack of to-go boxes. "I've got to replenish," he said.

Stephen Curry saw it on Day 1, when Smart punished the team with extra running for screwing up a three-man weave. "I know it was just a drill, but that set the tone that there aren't going to be any excuses this year."

Smart is finding some middle ground, granting a "veteran day off" to Monta Ellis, Curry and Wright during the first week of camp. The idea is to reward hard work and to get a longer look at a backup with the starters, but the coach has found something else along the way.

"These guys don't want a day off, so you have to tell (athletic trainer) Tommy Abdenour not to tape them up," Smart said. "Then they know they can't get on the floor."

Monta's maturation: OK, clearly you've read this before: Ellis has matured, is going to be a team-first guy and a leader this season. But there might be reason to believe it as he enters Year 6.

Assistant coach Stephen Silas is closer to Ellis than anyone else is in the Warriors' organization. The coach went to Ellis' home, outside of Memphis, twice this summer to work with the shooting guard.

"At times in the past, it would waver a little bit with Monta," Silas said. "He would give someone a look or coast through some drills. This year, it hasn't been like that.

"Monta has always worked, but there is a positivity that is coming off of him. People have talked about growing up and maturing in the past, but now he has a positivity that is going hand-in-hand with that maturity."

Radmanovic vs. Wright: We've been told throughout training camp not to give much credence to jersey colors, but one surprising thing is clear: Vladimir Radmanovic is ahead of Brandan Wright in the chase for minutes.

Radmanovic looks strong and has consistently made shots while working with the first and second teams. Wright has been tentative and largely unnoticed on the second and third teams.

Plus there was this exchange in interviews:

"All tentative guys have got to take a seat," Smart said about Wright's surgically repaired shoulder.

"You'd have to drop 1,000 pounds of bricks on my arm for my shoulder to pop out again," Wright said.

Radman outplaying Wright?  WOW, just sad.  B Wright BETTER step his damn game up!!!  We gave up our heart and soul for this kid.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Radman outplaying Wright?  WOW, just sad.  B Wright BETTER step his damn game up!!!  We gave up our heart and soul for this kid.
Still pisses me off to this day.  I dont get how anyone can trade away the face of your franchise for a player coming out of college. 

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Still pisses me off to this day.  I dont get how anyone can trade away the face of your franchise for a player coming out of college. 
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Anthony Randolph just hit a three in transition. Best shot I have ever seen him take.
And now he just shot one that missed the rim
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Anthony Randolph just hit a three in transition. Best shot I have ever seen him take.
And now he just shot one that missed the rim
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I bet you Randolph's gonna have a break out year.

it seems all former Warriors have break out years right after they leave us...
tired.gif

I really hope J-Rich signs with us before he retires...definitely my favorite Warrior of the last ten years, he cared about the fans and really wanted to help the Warriors out and it showed, that We Believe moment when he dunked, stole the ball, hit a 3 in Game 6 of the Dallas series was just
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, and the emotions he showed after that play.

I really hope J-Rich signs with us before he retires...definitely my favorite Warrior of the last ten years, he cared about the fans and really wanted to help the Warriors out and it showed, that We Believe moment when he dunked, stole the ball, hit a 3 in Game 6 of the Dallas series was just
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, and the emotions he showed after that play.
Agreed with everything you said.  J Rich is THAT dude and will always hold a special place in my heart(no Cheezy).

I mean, he rented out newspaper space to apologize to us for not making the playoffs.  That's a TRUE WarriorZ fo life guy right there.  It don't get more real than that.

Back
Top Bottom