Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Monta is killing it tonight
pimp.gif
, hopefully we can pull something off at the end here.

Combo breakkkkkerrrrrrr.

SMH @ Pierce getting a foul but Lee not getting one on the other end
alien.gif

Reggie didn't even touch Pierce on that and one, and David Lee should have had an and one, but maybe that's just part of having home court. That Curry turnover at the end hurt, and not being able to get the rebound after KG missed that shot. Also, Monta missing that lay-up that could have gave us the lead.

Great game though...would have been nice to win this.

Another frustrating game. Only got to watch the second half. Played well for what I watched.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Reggie didn't even touch Pierce on that and one, and David Lee should have had an and one, but maybe that's just part of having home court. That Curry turnover at the end hurt, and not being able to get the rebound after KG missed that shot. Great game though...
Not sure if they touched or not, but Reggie's hands were at his friggin side and pierce just leaned in and flailed. %%%%+%+ BS. And Agreed on the Lee call. Lee has been getting screwed in terms of calls all year long. Must be the uniform.

And %+!@ you Smart. I thought Vlad's stint was over with and then when the game gets close he comes in? What the hell does Smart always see in him?

Yeah you're right, he had his hand on Pierce's back I think, but he didn't even bother his shot.
30t6p3b.gif

All in all, a good game.

I would call that a foul if I was the ref. Dorrell Wright does that all the time and Fitz doesn't complain, so it's whatever to me. Team just isn't good enough to win these close games on the road.

Good game, too bad we couldn't pull it out. I guess that's why they are a championship caliber team. 

What's this I'm hearing about Lacob saying only season ticket holders are "true" Warrior fans??

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

What's this I'm hearing about Lacob saying only season ticket holders are "true" Warrior fans??
yeah, i heard the same thing.

and apparently, he's catching a lot of heat for that. rightfully so.

[h1]
[h1]Warriors owner Lacob's comment stirs up 'real fans'[/h1]
Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer

Sunday, March 6, 2011

(03-06) 04:00 PST PHILADELPHIA --

Warriors co-owner Joe Lacob spoke Saturday in Boston at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, stirring up a tempest among Warriors fans who heard about one of his comments, but impressing some of the journalists who actually attended the event.

At the conference, according to a recording obtained by The Chronicle, someone asked a muffled question about bloggers.

Lacob answered, "They are not real fans, because they don't have season tickets."

After a follow-up question, Lacob said, "Unlike every real fan, they don't have season tickets."

All that reached Twitter and the blogs was the idea that season-ticket holders were the only "real fans." Participants in fan forums and commenters on blogs took the comment to say that anyone without the time or money to be a season-ticket holder wasn't a true fan, and they responded with vitriolic remarks about Lacob.

Warriorsworld.net readers almost immediately asked for the e-mail address of Lacob, to which he always responds. What followed was a series of fake e-mail addresses, many of which were not fit for a family newspaper. A search for "Lacob" on Twitter turned up scores of angry tweets.

The Warriors had no comment on what Lacob said or how some fans reacted.

At the conference, Lacob, sitting alongside Wyc Grousbeck (a Boston Celtics owner), Jeff Moorad (a San Diego Padres owner) and Bill Simmons (an ESPN columnist), said a lot of other things when discussing his reasons for becoming an owner and the division between business and passion in sports. A straw poll of journalists who covered the conference, but don't regularly cover the Warriors, found that Lacob came off well, despite the "real fan" slip.

Of his other remarks, perhaps the most notable was that he could get out of the Oracle Arena lease in six years and would consider getting into a new arena. He also said trades are hard to make, a change of tune from a November comment that "you should be able to turn around a team fast."

[/h1]

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

[h1]
[h1]Warriors owner Lacob's comment stirs up 'real fans'[/h1]
Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer

Sunday, March 6, 2011

(03-06) 04:00 PST PHILADELPHIA --

Warriors co-owner Joe Lacob spoke Saturday in Boston at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, stirring up a tempest among Warriors fans who heard about one of his comments, but impressing some of the journalists who actually attended the event.

At the conference, according to a recording obtained by The Chronicle, someone asked a muffled question about bloggers.

Lacob answered, "They are not real fans, because they don't have season tickets."

After a follow-up question, Lacob said, "Unlike every real fan, they don't have season tickets."

All that reached Twitter and the blogs was the idea that season-ticket holders were the only "real fans." Participants in fan forums and commenters on blogs took the comment to say that anyone without the time or money to be a season-ticket holder wasn't a true fan, and they responded with vitriolic remarks about Lacob.

Warriorsworld.net readers almost immediately asked for the e-mail address of Lacob, to which he always responds. What followed was a series of fake e-mail addresses, many of which were not fit for a family newspaper. A search for "Lacob" on Twitter turned up scores of angry tweets.

The Warriors had no comment on what Lacob said or how some fans reacted.

At the conference, Lacob, sitting alongside Wyc Grousbeck (a Boston Celtics owner), Jeff Moorad (a San Diego Padres owner) and Bill Simmons (an ESPN columnist), said a lot of other things when discussing his reasons for becoming an owner and the division between business and passion in sports. A straw poll of journalists who covered the conference, but don't regularly cover the Warriors, found that Lacob came off well, despite the "real fan" slip.

Of his other remarks, perhaps the most notable was that he could get out of the Oracle Arena lease in six years and would consider getting into a new arena. He also said trades are hard to make, a change of tune from a November comment that "you should be able to turn around a team fast."

[/h1]
joke of an owner

He might be referring to the fact that the Bay Area is a melting pot of people from different parts of the states. In turn the actual real fans are the ones with season tickets whereas the others are merely there to see their home team play. Winning team or not the Warriors are always going to sell tickets because of this. There's a reason such a mediocre team would sell for $450 million its the market. I'm always going to be a dubs fan but lets get a real owner and real gm. I could give a flying &*%^ about some season tickets.

He clarified his comments; he was referring to the "bloggers" that always criticize the team and all that. Doesn't make it right but I do believe he was taken out of context a little bit.

Not a bad start, Udoh with 3 fouls, meaning we'll probably see a lot of Biedrins in the 1st half...this could get ugly.

Back
Top Bottom