Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

i was thinking about going to tomorrow's game, but vday has got me broke.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Monta will play. Guy never wants to sit out a game, gotta respect that about him.
True, he'll definitely be in this game since the team has been playing real well. 
Is Amundson still out because of his ankle sprain and are there any trade rumors connected to the Warriors?

If I remember correct, he's suited up to games without getting PT a few times...maybe the injury's bothering him still so he's not playing him as much.

Lacob's said he might make a move, so it'll be interesting if he's part of it...he's not the best big man out there but he does bring hustle and energy when he's healthy.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

KD shoe collection
74716e150aa43ebc5b3e2d5398027c0f2421849f_r.jpg
pimp.gif
You have any interest in the ew All Stars KDs?

$165 isn't bad at all for those seats What up...I'll consider it during spring break.

gsw.gif

[h3]Golden State[/h3]
The story: After being shed of the bumbling ownership of Chris Cohan, the Warriors have embarked upon a plan to end a pathetic 16-season streak in which they have not finished in the top half of the Western Conference standings once. The best they finished was eighth in a 15-team conference in 2007.

The Warriors won't finish among the top eight this season, but they are 15-11 in their past 26 games. At 24-29, with 17 of their final 29 games on the road, any playoff talk is absurd, but one can see the pieces coming together. Stephen Curry is a devastating offensive player with his shooting and passing ability; David Lee has been more of a factor now that a gruesome elbow injury has healed; Dorell Wright was the free-agent steal of the summer; and Monta Ellis has improved both his shot selection and accuracy. If the Warriors could just rehabilitate The Guy Who Used To Be Andris Biedrins, they'd have a really good starting five.

The biggest weaknesses now are a lack of defenders and a paper-thin bench. But the core pieces are in place, and those are the hardest to find.

The good: The Curry-to-Lee pick-and-roll is something to behold, as Curry's shooting ability and Nash-like ability to fire one-handed bounce passes off the dribble make him among the league's most potent operators. Lee is the perfect complement. He's a phenomenal finisher with either hand, and as a dive man, he throws in the added threat of jump-stopping for a 15-footer that he also reliably makes.

Around them are other strong pieces. Ellis anguishes with his shot selection and wandering mind on defense, but he also devastates with his end-to-end speed and steady midrange jumper. Rookie Ekpe Udoh is still fairly clueless on offense but provides the type of versatile frontcourt defender this team hasn't had in ages. And second-year pro Reggie Williams is another in a series of great finds from the D-League for the Warriors -- amid all the other turmoil, they've scouted the minors better than any other team in basketball.
The bad: Golden State still doesn't play any defense, and its best players are the worst offenders. Curry can't guard anybody, Ellis usually gives up several inches at the 2 and spends most of his time gambling and floating, and Lee provides no resistance whatsoever inside. Golden State ranks 28th in defensive efficiency, a stat that will sound familiar to Warriors fans, and until the organization's Don Nelson era mindset on defense changes, it will remain a lottery team.

But the biggest concerns remain the big-picture things. We know the new ownership group has to be better, simply because it can't be any worse, but worrying signs remain. As an organization, the Warriors are still prone to being more rah-rah than realistic, and there's the worrying fact that former Cohan consigliere and current team president Robert Rowell -- the man most famous for getting played into a contract extension by Stephen Jackson -- has yet to be shown the door.

We'll know a lot more in the offseason, when the Warriors presumably change coaches and the owners make hard decisions on Cohan era holdovers like Rowell and general manager Larry Riley (who, it must be said, has done solid work thus far). The other big-picture decision looming is whether to keep the Curry-Ellis combo together or to trade Ellis for a more traditional 2 and, perhaps, some frontcourt help.
Taken from the NBA thread.

I think this is a pretty accurate assessment of where the Warriors are as a team. I think a lot of our problems will be fixed with a real center onboard, with a few upgrades on the bench I think we would be in good shape to start talking about playoffs.

I don't agree with Udoh being "completely clueless" on offense....that would mean Biedrins is...never mind.
laugh.gif

Didn't end up getting tickets. My hookup didn't come through. I almost sort of wish I knew Bob personally...

Well no... not really.

I do like that Lacob actually cares about how the team's doing. It's refreshing to see that compared to Cohan.

Lin with PT
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Violet sucks.

Gary St Jean sucks.

And Bob wanted Lacobs junk.

Oh and Lin cannot stay in front of anyone. Seriously. I don't want to hear he slides his feet well and stays in front.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Oh and Lin cannot stay in front of anyone. Seriously. I don't want to hear he slides his feet well and stays in front.
[Acid]But but but[/Acid]

JK
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom