Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Wow....
30t6p3b.gif

Curry_Stephen_gsw_101410.jpg

Warriors guard Stephen Curry was surprised to hear his name come up in trade rumors after owner Joe Lacob told the San Jose Mercury News he would be willing to break up the team's backcourt.

"It was the first time that I had my name associated with the word 'trade' in the same sentence," Curry told Yahoo! Sports. "It's a little bit of a shock; I can't lie about that. I feel like I'm working hard to get better every day and doing what they ask me to do."

Curry said he received an apologetic text message from Lacob the morning after the interview. Golden State general manager Larry Riley also called Curry, his father and his agent to calm the situation.

Lacob said this week that both Curry and Monta Ellis would be Warriors "for a very long time" and Curry agrees.

"I think optimistically about everything," he said. "I like it here. I like my teammates and everything about the Warriors organization. I can't picture being anywhere else, especially this early in my career."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...o_Hear_His_Name_In_Trade_Rumors#ixzz1CTSIKQBl

Back
Top Bottom