Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Anyone know the difference in terms of size between an authentic and a swingman. I've never ordered an authentic before. I am an XL in terms of swingman would it be the same for an authentic?

Originally Posted by Andrew630

I thought we didn't like the away jerseys because of the white side strip.
I usually prefer away jerseys over home.  Not really a fan of home jerseys/white jerseys in general.

Since they aren't showing the damn games on TV, reports from the game and box scores look to be pretty positive in the early going. 

Monta seems to have developed a much better 3, although last night he was just 1-5.  The night before he was 4-4 though.  He still has one of the most underrated defensive games in the L, in my opinion.  He shut out Tyreke last night with his speed and being a pesty player i heard.  I really think he bothers bigger guards.

Dorrell Wright seems to be fitting in nicely as well as David Lee. 

Reggie Williams looks like he's going to be this year's Jamal Crawford.  I have high expectations for this guy. 

J Lin seems to be gettign no PT though.  Who is our backup pg?  Charlie Bell?
sick.gif

I heard Lin's getting standing ovations everytime he's touching the ball. Even I think that's beyond OD. If all the Asians in attendance put too much pressure on him, they're gonna set him up for failure and not meeting expectations. They gotta realize he's at best a back-up PG and right now he'll have to earn his way into the rotation. Don't cheer him every time he touches the ball or when he picks his nose, or else all he's going to be is a garbage-time sideshow.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

He shut out Tyreke last night with his speed and being a pesty player i heard.  I really think he bothers bigger guards.

J Lin seems to be gettign no PT though.  Who is our backup pg?  Charlie Bell?
sick.gif
Who you hear from? I think Monta did a good job on Tyreke last night, but not on defense, but rather his offense. Got Tyreke in early foul trouble with 3 fouls in the first quarter and didn't see much of Tyreke for the rest of the game. Tyreke did turn the ball over a couple of times trying to dribble pass Monta tho. I wish Mona would stop settling for the open jumpers so early in the shot clock. Just feels different when Curry does it. Lol.  

Charlie Bell did a better job than JLin last night. JLin only got in because the Asian population in Oracle would have been pissed if he didn't get any PT. 

d57cde964e224da79251aab8c8388314.jpg

Straight picking on JLin last night. SMH.

Yeah the standing ovations were pretty annoying. I pretty much left after that (not the only reason, but to avoid traffic). I can understand when he checks in and when he scores his first basket, but all the way when he's shooting free-throws?

(10-10) 22:45 PDT -- It's official: Monta Ellis can defend bigger guards.

Just ask Tyreke Evans.

Ellis had 18 points and six assists while holding Evans to five points in the Warriors' 95-86 preseason victory over Sacramento on Sunday night in front of 10,537 fans at Oracle Arena.

It seemed logical that Sacramento would station Evans on the block against Ellis, who gives up 3 inches and 40 pounds to the reigning Rookie of the Year - but sometimes heart turns logic into fallacy.

Evans couldn't beat Ellis to any post-up spot, and when the jockeying got physical, Ellis wasn't shy.

Before too long, Sacramento realized an entry pass to Evans was nearly impossible, so the Kings put him at point guard. Then, Ellis' pesky hands and active feet forced two steals and frustrated Evans into giving up the ball early in the shot clock or settling for air-balled three-pointers.

Evans played the final three minutes - long after Ellis was on the bench icing for the next game - and scored four points to finish with nine

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/10/SPQT1FR0UI.DTL#ixzz125IDl9DO

Just read it from this article.  Not sure how accurate it was since i didn't get to see the game but i know Monta gives bigger guards fits. 

Yeah, J Lin wasn't that amazing last night i heard, but he seemed to be productive in the first preseason game with the little minutes he got.  I'm rootin for the kid to do well though so hopefully he can show he's worthy to be on the team.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

(10-10) 22:45 PDT -- It's official: Monta Ellis can defend bigger guards.

Just ask Tyreke Evans.

Ellis had 18 points and six assists while holding Evans to five points in the Warriors' 95-86 preseason victory over Sacramento on Sunday night in front of 10,537 fans at Oracle Arena.

It seemed logical that Sacramento would station Evans on the block against Ellis, who gives up 3 inches and 40 pounds to the reigning Rookie of the Year - but sometimes heart turns logic into fallacy.

Evans couldn't beat Ellis to any post-up spot, and when the jockeying got physical, Ellis wasn't shy.

Before too long, Sacramento realized an entry pass to Evans was nearly impossible, so the Kings put him at point guard. Then, Ellis' pesky hands and active feet forced two steals and frustrated Evans into giving up the ball early in the shot clock or settling for air-balled three-pointers.

Evans played the final three minutes - long after Ellis was on the bench icing for the next game - and scored four points to finish with nine

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/10/SPQT1FR0UI.DTL#ixzz125IDl9DO

Just read it from this article.  Not sure how accurate it was since i didn't get to see the game but i know Monta gives bigger guards fits. 

Yeah, J Lin wasn't that amazing last night i heard, but he seemed to be productive in the first preseason game with the little minutes he got.  I'm rootin for the kid to do well though so hopefully he can show he's worthy to be on the team.
See I question articles like that sometimes. Tyreke was playing PG the whole time he was on the floor so I don't understand the part where the article says the Kings "put him at PG" because he couldn't post on Monta. And it was more like the Warriors that put Monta on Tyreke, not the other way around. I actually think Wright on Evans would be better since the Kings put Antoine Wright on Curry and it was effective in the half-court. Monta can save energy playing defense on Wright or Garcia then. But yeah, Monta is a capable defender. He prevented Tyreke from driving on him in the half court. Saw the Lakers in town last year and he did his best on Kobe as well. But he had trouble when Kobe stopped trying to drive past him and started posting up. Something Tyreke needs to learn how do effectively against smaller and quicker guards like Monta. 

I dont see Lin getting a lot of playing time according to those who have seen him saying he hasn't looked in sync with the rest of the team. He is just a good PR decision by the Warriors Organization, using him to sell tickets.

Exactly. If the crowd keeps on doing that for every home game, they're putting him in a position to fail. It's sad because the casual fan rooting for him is going to keep doing that, and they don't realize that it actually puts unneeded pressure on him and also gives him and the Warriors both a negative vibe; it just reinforces to others that he was signed strictly for his race and not his skills, and I don't blame him now for trying to prove that isn't the case.

Relax. The crowd likes and supports the dude. The pressure he puts on himself is far more important in his future development/failure.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Exactly. If the crowd keeps on doing that for every home game, they're putting him in a position to fail. It's sad because the casual fan rooting for him is going to keep doing that, and they don't realize that it actually puts unneeded pressure on him and also gives him and the Warriors both a negative vibe; it just reinforces to others that he was signed strictly for his race and not his skills, and I don't blame him now for trying to prove that isn't the case.
Completely disagree with this.  The crowd isnt putting him in a position to fail what so ever.  If he cant handle people cheering for him, he belongs in the D League.

Originally Posted by dland24

Completely disagree with this.  The crowd isnt putting him in a position to fail what so ever.  If he cant handle people cheering for him, he belongs in the D League.
In general, when a player gets back to his hometown, he has people in the stands that he wants to make proud. You don't think that the player is pressing, trying to force things that he shouldn't, just to make mom, dad, and the other 18 people he handed out tickets to proud? That's just a player who has his close 20 family/friends there
laugh.gif
. If Jeremy Lin has the entire city rooting for him, you don't think that affects him -- negative or positive?

I'm just not ruling that possibility out... yet.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by dland24

In general, when a player gets back to his hometown, he has people in the stands that he wants to make proud. You don't think that the player is pressing, trying to force things that he shouldn't, just to make mom, dad, and the other 18 people he handed out tickets to proud? That's just a player who has his close 20 family/friends there
laugh.gif
. If Jeremy Lin has the entire city rooting for him, you don't think that affects him -- negative or positive?

I'm just not ruling that possibility out... yet.

I mean, I don't think it matters if people cheer for him a little louder than other players, that's perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong, but if they're going to give him standing ovations everytime he enters a game, don't you think that's a bit OD? It just reinforces that Lin was signed for his race and not his game, making him seem like a sideshow rather than an actual NBA basketball player, which is what he (and many other players, for that matter) wants to prove.

Maybe he's the new Marco
laugh.gif

But Lin was signed because he's Asian... The Asian people that actually paid to see him are going to be excited to see him get PT. Can't tell Asians that finally paid good money to see dude to be quiet. Even my cheap Asian friends paid to see a meaningless preseason game near courtside.

All I put was the word "Hoisted" it used up all my letters and it was the right placement. Do you get a bonus for using all your letters in one turn?

Back
Top Bottom